Panther fan with a player question

PantherFan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a huge Panthers fan and we recently signed DT Colin Cole. I thought we just signed the guy as a camp body but apparently our coaches like him a lot more than that. I saw that he last played for you guys in 2011 but I can't find why he hasn't played the last two years. Why did ya'll get rid of him and is he anything special? Thanks for any info you can give me on the guy. BTW you guys are really lucky to have NC State alum Russell Wilson on your team. I knew ya'll got a steal the second you drafted him. Best of luck this year and can't wait to play ya'll week 1.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
He was a decent run stopper but frankly I'm surprised he's still around.

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
Oh alright... Well atleast we just drafted Star and Kawann Short. I hope ya'll are ready in September because the Panthers are no joke this year.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
PantherFan":1xqui67n said:
I hope ya'll are ready in September because the Panthers are no joke this year.

The Seahawks are no joke either. Completely unfunny. Like Adam Sandler post Happy Gilmore/Billy Madison unfunny.

sutz

Reaction score
PantherFan":u5vc2g9u said:
Oh alright... Well atleast we just drafted Star and Kawann Short. I hope ya'll are ready in September because the Panthers are no joke this year.
One of the secrets to our success is that we don't take any team lightly.

We'll be ready.

;)

King Dog

Reaction score
PantherFan":2xezgvp4 said:

If the coaching staff thinks Colin Cole is good, then the Panthers may be a joke this year :D

Jville

Reaction score
Rather than carry him on PUP (ankle), he was released with the final cuts in September 2011. Colin was an adequate 2 down run stopper at the 1 technique. Brandon Mebane moved over to replace him and upgraded the position in a big way.

What some fans here remember about Colin's play is what he was like at the last on a very bad ankle. He may very well turn out to be a productive part of the new rotation for the Jaguars in year 1 of a new defense.

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
King Dog":2i3edt7h said:
PantherFan":2i3edt7h said:

If the coaching staff thinks Colin Cole is good, then the Panthers may be a joke this year :D
Haha alright, i mean as our 5th DT. Not starting or anything

Basis4day

Reaction score
PantherFan":1hiuchx3 said:
Hey guys, I'm a huge Panthers fan and we recently signed DT Colin Cole. I thought we just signed the guy as a camp body but apparently our coaches like him a lot more than that. I saw that he last played for you guys in 2011 but I can't find why he hasn't played the last two years. Why did ya'll get rid of him and is he anything special? Thanks for any info you can give me on the guy. BTW you guys are really lucky to have NC State alum Russell Wilson on your team. I knew ya'll got a steal the second you drafted him. Best of luck this year and can't wait to play ya'll week 1.

He was a stopgap. Capable at run stuffing but not a gamechanger.

Here is a bit of scouting from one of our more popular fan sites:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2009/3/1/7771 ... ole-hammer
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2009/3/2/7781 ... ole-hammer

And a bit more from when he got cut. Long story short. Too expensive for an injrued player at the time with alternative value and equal or better production.

http://scouttheseahawks.com/2011/09/05/ ... -analysis/

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
Jville":ps4augrp said:
Rather than carry him on PUP (ankle), he was released with the final cuts in September 2011. Colin was an adequate 2 down run stopper at the 1 technique. Brandon Mebane moved over to replace him and upgraded the position in a big way.

What some fans here remember about Colin's play is what he was like at the last on a very bad ankle. He may very well turn out to be a productive for the Jaguars in their first year of building their new defense.
Jaguars? Sarcasm?

Spokane

Reaction score
Welcome! I liked Cole because he was an effort guy (imo) and that effort just landed him a job.

However he did very little and was deep on the depth chart that sucked at DT. (Yeah I am not super happy with DT play right now)

Overall he will make your team...but depth.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
PantherFan":vlyf0chg said:
Jville":vlyf0chg said:

What some fans here remember about Colin's play is what he was like at the last on a very bad ankle. He may very well turn out to be a productive for the Jaguars in their first year of building their new defense.
Jaguars? Sarcasm?

Jaguars, Panthers...both cat teams. :thirishdrinkers:

Jville

Reaction score
PantherFan":1ofuzujs said:
Jville":1ofuzujs said:

Jaguars? Sarcasm?

:34853_doh: Sorry about that. I was thinking about Gus Bradley earlier today.

OP
OP
P

PantherFan

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":35nl3zu8 said:
PantherFan":35nl3zu8 said:
Jville":35nl3zu8 said:

Jaguars? Sarcasm?

Haha don't even go there. We will never be Jaguars bad. BTW I hope ya'll don't still have NC State's old DT starting at guard anymore because our pass rush will be top 3 in the NFL this year. The kraken is coming! :mrgreen:

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
PantherFan":2j76hkus said:
Haha don't even go there. We will never be Jaguars bad. BTW I hope ya'll don't still have NC State's old DT starting at guard anymore because our pass rush will be top 3 in the NFL this year. The kraken is coming! :mrgreen:

Ah, the mighty roar of the paper panther.

Decimation

Reaction score
PantherFan":hmh7wyim said:
FlyingGreg":hmh7wyim said:
PantherFan":hmh7wyim said:
Jville said:

Jaguars? Sarcasm?

Just keep the Falclowns out of the playoffs and we will see haha.

Latest posts