What jumps out to me about this draft

BamKam

Reaction score
Sustainability.

I think after every draft everyone wants to look at the players and just see what their impact right away will be (and the way we have been drafting I don't blame anyone).

But I see this draft as something to help keep us elite after this 2-3 year SB window with RW on his rookie contract (among other players as well).

I think we get 2 or 3 more years of beast mode before he starts to take a plunge. Im not 100% sold on Turbin being a featured back either but I think that him and Michael can make a great 1/2 duo sort of similar to Foster/Tate of the Texans.

Jesse Williams is the best pick of this draft imo. He is still raw but HUGE and can be coached into a monster. Multi year pro bowler.

I don't see Harper getting much action this year as he is still somewhat new to WR but I think after we are forced to part ways with Rice/Baldwin/Tate (1 or more of the 3 who knows what future has in store for these guys). He could be a great #2 WR in a couple years though.

Simon fits the PC Cornerback mold perfectly, I think he will step in and take Browners spot whenever that may be.

Ware looks like a Lynch clone who loves contact, you find a position for those types of guys on any team, even if it means not at RB (I could see him has a great special teams head hunter).

Then it seemed like we went with a couple low risk/big reward type guys (although none may pan out, that's how those picks work).

TL;DR I don't think this draft class will have as much instant impact as previous ones but I think it will pay off down the road as we don't have any glaring weaknesses atm.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
My perception of this draft is that it sounds like they've drafted for upside rather than going for the safe picks. If guys don't work out then they'll get cut but if they do show signs of living up to their promise they'll have a chance to shine.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I like that our coaches have confidence in their own abilities. If they see a guy with the tools but with technique that isn't there, they take him and just coach him up. None of this safe, "let's just draft low ceiling guys who we don't have to worry about coaching as much" B.S.

Cable basically being like "screw it, let's take D-Linemen with nifty footwork, and I'll turn them into starting O-Linemen" is an especially awesome example of this.

CHawk

Reaction score
How are we going to keep all of these players? If we are drafting for the future we'll still need to unload some current players.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
CHawk":1o1zf5hw said:
How are we going to keep all of these players? If we are drafting for the future we'll still need to unload some current players.
competition.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The one thing that hit me this draft was this: We're drafting on raw talent and ability and counting on us being able to coach the position into the player, not picking guys who know the position and hoping like hell they have the ability to make it. Big, big shift in philosophy.