Finally!....an Aussie Seahawk! (sorry for the late post)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Hey guys, been busy with other stuff and only now have checked out the full 2013 draft news for the Seahawks so sorry of it has been pointed out already. What an awesome surprise it has been for me.

There is some cause for celebration for me because at pick 137 of the 2013 NFL draft the Seahawks chose DT Jesse Williams from Australia! I do know that there have been some Aussies who have tried out for the Seahawks at camp that never worked out (mainly punters that have actually gone on to be blue chip starters on other teams like Matt McBriar and Sav Rocca in recent years), but having one picked in the NFL draft, it is just the second time it has happened. Previously it was Colin Scotts, who was picked at No.70 by the Cardinals in 1987.

So here's to Jesse and to a great future as a Seahawk! If you go by looks alone, he is hard to miss!

He is my new favourite Seahawk (well non-playing at this stage :P) and I am sure the whole country will be watching how he fares in the NFL in the years to come. This sports mad country will be sure to tune in the day he ever gets to play/start in his first NFL game.

PS: I do recall hearing about him last year and his prospects of being in the 2013 Draft but had forgotten all about it. I do also recall having an interesting conversation with someone (not sure if it was random) who actually knew him/played with him here in Australia who told me stuff that was quite surprising about him, can't actually recall what it was though :P. Will see if the memory cells kick in later.

Go Jesse!
    Go Seahawks!
    :icon_new:
    Bullmeister
    NET Starter

• Heard your PM tweeted him ?
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• DayaM! Look at those arms! He will rag doll a few OL with those meats!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Wow fire up the barbie cuz that guy looks like he can really eat some shrimp!
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• We drafted a Canadian tight end and an Australian DT. Love it!
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• Man, if we had drafted Werner and Watson we'd be the all-international team !!!
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

• Uffda wrote:Heard your PM tweeted him ?

Yes and I am kinda embarrassed our PM knew about all this before I did, but I am stoked by the gesture. The number of Seahawks fans in Australia might now jump. The other cool thing about it all is that he is in fact from a minority group of indigenous Australian descent called Torres Islander, which makes him kinda more Aussie than 98% of the rest of us here :P.
    Bullmeister
    NET Starter

• Tha Monstar is my favorite rookie. He will fill the need for a force in the middle.
    godawg
    NET Starter

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information