Prisco on the NFC West

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Video was supposed to be on the draft, but it drifts into discussion of Wilson and Kap. Prisco goes on to kiss Luck's ass, who is obviously the superior QB who only ran because his line stunk and he had too while other teams will figure Wilson out as he runs because he is unable to play any other way (or at least he hasn't proven he can play any other way.)

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/p ... e-nfc-west

TheWebHead

Reaction score
the flaw in Prisco's theory is that RW improved as the season progressed, so whatever he was doing teams weren't successfully adjusting to it. I don't get why the Colts didn't use a high pick to get a RB and make things easier for Luck. Prisco is a pretty detestable sounding person just browsing his twitter timeline.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
That, and the Hawks ran read option on ~5% of their offensive plays... iirc.

Prisco makes it seem like they ran it 80% of the time.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Pete Prisco is far and away the biggest idiot sportswriter out there. I'm a little nervous that he liked our first two draft picks: if Prisco says something, you can usually bet he's dead wrong.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pete Pissquick isnt qualified to write for a highschool paper. Just goes to show any idiot can be a sportswriter/blogger.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
You have to love how he claims to be the winner at the end. His counterpart said it best when he said nothing at all. A simple, your 13 years old, aren't you? Look said it all.

hawker232

Reaction score
He talks about Russell Wilson not being able to be a real quarterback without the threat of a running game. Does he not remember the Atlanta game? Where Russell Wilson did nothing but play REAL quarterback and put the team on his back, with no help from the run game? The only productive runner we had in that game was Russell Wilson. He didn't have to rely on anyone else in that game!

Idiot...

chihawk

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":2h7e3f1p said:
Prisco is retarded and I never use that word - unless it is warranted.

That term is never warranted in this context.

otter

Reaction score
Listening to Prisco talk makes me want to punch babies. This guy is horrible and his evidence to back up his claims is so weak.

chris98251

Reaction score
He talks about Russell Wilson not being able to be a real quarterback without the threat of a running game.

This is great really, name me a QB that has any lengthy career without a running game, why did the Broncos draft a RB to help Peyton, Eli was at his best with a running game, Brady at his best with Dillon, Peyton with Edgerin, Aikman with Smith, Montana with the stable of all pros that came in behind him., I guess Kaepernick isn't real either since the 49ers have a running game.

Maybe he should look at QB's that can't succeed with a running game as players that have issues.

kearly

Reaction score
It’s easy to tell the difference between the average football fan and the guy who grinds tape. The average fan behaves as if he’s a football genius. The average tape grinder knows he’s a football idiot. He also can explain why in great detail...

In essence, we stand by our decisions to placate our egos because it’s often more important for us to be perceived as experts than behave like them. The sad, but comical thing about this is that we all do it if we make a decision before we fully weigh the evidence. I have no problem admitting I do it. The only real cure for this problem is having insight – and that’s a topic for another time…

Hopefully this will help you shed your football-genius innocence and become a student of the game.

That's Matt Waldman from an old article. You could apply this statement to many people, but nobody is the epitome of the "football-genius" more than Pete Prisco.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I love how everyone around here forgets that Prisco had a huge argument for an hour-and-a-half on Twitter with a bunch of people where he defended Richard Sherman being at/near Revis's level. Also, that he was almost the only guy that sided with us on Fail Mary at the time.

You guys need to stop pouting over hearing things you don't like, IMO.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3vwl1r8h said:
I love how everyone around here forgets that Prisco had a huge argument for an hour-and-a-half on Twitter with a bunch of people where he defended Richard Sherman being at/near Revis's level. Also, that he was almost the only guy that sided with us on Fail Mary at the time.

You guys need to stop pouting over hearing things you don't like, IMO.

What does that have to do with his assessment of Russell Wilson?

:roll:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Prisco's okay, mistaken, but okay. He forgot that Russell Wilson set the rookie passing yardage record in a playoff game with 385 yards. Not Luck, not Griffin, not even Manning, but Wilson.

Rainger

Reaction score
Yea I saw the video this morning. Just made me dislike the man even more than his writing.

Almost everything he said was just shit. He went on and on that the Hawks (and RW) were ONLY a read option team and once the rest of the league figured it out they were toast.

The guy is just so not with what is really happening in the NFL other than his pre conceived notions. He really is a dip shit and that video solidified it for me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Prisco didn't say Wilson can't hack it. He's saying that he hasn't thoroughly demonstrated it yet. While I don't agree with his man-love for Luck being well above Wilson/Kaep, I can see why he might think that. Our offense didn't become explosive until we started implementing the read option.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with last year's class of QBs after another full year in the NFL. (I'm including Kaep in that, even though it's a 2011 draftee, not 2012.)