Value for our trades in the draft

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Found some interesting analysis on the various trades during the draft. Football Perspective broke down each round of the draft trades with some interesting analysis. Since we didn't trade around in the first round, I've left that out out, although you can find it via a link in the last article.

Our trade back from 56 with Baltimore's 62nd to snag Christine Michael and the 165th, and 199th selections was graded as a technical win for us, although really more of a win-win scenario for both.

Our trade with Detroit, swapping picks 165 and 199 for their pick 137 to snag Jesse Williams was graded as a win for us "by a country mile." The analysis was that not only did we win significantly on value of the picks, but traded to pick a player who had been the top-rated player for 30 or 40 picks.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I always love the jump ahead of your self to get that 2 pick in a row "win."

Erebus

Reaction score
The trade for Jesse Williams tells me they really wanted Tharold Simon just as much, otherwise they would've either waited one more pick to draft Williams, or traded up one spot while probably giving up a 7th. There was probably a significant drop-off on their draft board after Williams and Simon.