Quick consensus to Afghanistan

AirForceSeahawk

Reaction score
I'm serving In Afghanistan (from Washington) right now, with mainly only late night British television available. I do not have consistent access to internet. I was wondering if someone can give me a quick synopsis on what happened the past few weeks with our Seahawks and the Draft? Are most fans happy with the Draft? I will only be able to check back intermittently. Thanks for the few words you can offer. As I need to "represent" out here in the desert with limited info. Thanks in Advance!

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Hawks signed Percy Harvin from the Vikings, traded our 1st round pick for him. I don't know if you knew this or not, but that is the biggest event of the off-season.

CANHawk

Reaction score
MLOhawks":ec84h2pf said:
Hawks signed Percy Harvin from the Vikings, traded our 1st round pick for him. I don't know if you knew this or not, but that is the biggest event of the off-season.

And a pair or pass rushers in Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett would be the second biggest event of the offseason. Or perhaps it's Kam Chancellor's extension that's second biggest. Call them 2a and 2b.

As far as the draft... I dont think we had a heck of a lot of need, so I dont think anyone was expecting anything particularly earth shattering to happen. All in all, i think it was a pretty solid draft. Hoping for big things out of DT Jordan Hill, but aside from that I dont expect anyone to make an immediate impact (though Christine Michael might make a splash in the return game).

You stay safe out there.

Cheers!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
This website has write-ups to all our draft picks, with some critical analysis: http://scouttheseahawks.com/category/2013-draft/. I linked to the draft category page to allow for fewer clicks and page loading. I know what the internet's like there.

Over all, here's a recap of who we've chosen:

1st Round #25 - traded previously to the Vikings for WR Percy Harvin, probably a better player than any drafted in this year's first round.

2nd Round #62 - Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M, 0511 221 4.54, big, explosive running back some are calling the best RB in the draft. (we traded down six spots with the Ravens to pick up extra picks #165 and #199.)

3rd Round #82 - Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State, 0601 303 5.17, best pure interior rusher left on the board. Great pass rush; lesser run defense skills.

4th Round #124 - Chris Harper, WR, Kansas State, 0601 234 4.45, physical and muscular possession receiver with good hands and body control.

5th Round #137 - Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama, 0604 323 4.94, powerful run-stopper. Called an absolute steal - projected as a 2nd before a now-healed knee injury. (Swapped picks 165 & 199 with Detroit's 137 to get him, a "huge win" for us.)

5th Round #138 - Tharold Simon, CB, LSU, 0602 208 4.51, muscular press cornerback with powerful hands and an aggressive, physical nature. Dropped because he was flagged with "character issues" that appear not to be a big deal at all.

5th Round #158 - Luke Willson, TE, Rice, 0605 251 4.46, big, fast, strong tight end whose pro day stats would have all been in the top ten of the position. Ankle injury last year caused him to drop in the draft.

6th Round #194 - Spencer Ware, RB, LSU, 0510 228 4.63, violent third-down/goal-line running back that loves contact. Drafted to be groomed as a FB that can also play tailback.

7th Round #220 - Ryan Seymour, OG, Vanderbilt, 0604 304 5.09, small school strong and nasty Breno-style lineman that has snaps at tackle, guard and center.

7th Round #231 - Ty Powell, DE, Harding, 0602 249 4.62, solid OLB/LEO type that has played DE, LB and safety. Small school guy that transferred three times. Drafted him to play LEO but our LEOs can play both sides (Sam and LEO).

7th Round #241 - Jared Smith, DT/OG, New Hampshire, 0603 302 5.08, good strength and hustle 3-4 DL. Appears to be another Sweezy-esque DT-to-G conversion project.

7th Round #242 - Michael Bowie, OT, NE Oklahoma State, 0605 330 5.28, lanky and mobile left tackle with big school experience. Transferred from OK State after rules violations, but looked solid at the position.

Link to 6th and 7th rounders here.

Confirmed UDFA players who have been offered contracts:

Matt Austin, WR, Utah State
Alvin Bailey, OT, Arkansas
Kenneth Boatwright, DE, SIU
Ramon Buchanan, OLB, Miami
Ray Polk, DB, Colorado
Jordan Roussos, G, Bowling Green
Dominique Whaley, RB, Oklahoma
Craig Wilkins, LB, Old Dominion
John Lotulelei, LB, UNLV

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
CANHawk":2unp03p5 said:
MLOhawks":2unp03p5 said:

And a pair or pass rushers in Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett would be the second biggest event of the offseason. Or perhaps it's Kam Chancellor's extension that's second biggest. Call them 2a and 2b.

As far as the draft... I dont think we had a heck of a lot of need, so I dont think anyone was expecting anything particularly earth shattering to happen. All in all, i think it was a pretty solid draft. Hoping for big things out of DT Jordan Hill, but aside from that I dont expect anyone to make an immediate impact (though Christine Michael might make a splash in the return game).

You stay safe out there.

Cheers!

AND Antoine Winfield.

CANHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ijrjjx3j said:
CANHawk":ijrjjx3j said:
MLOhawks":ijrjjx3j said:

You stay safe out there.

Cheers!

AND Antoine Winfield.

OMG! How did I forget Antoine Winfield!?! I blame the Prelag avatar. It's affecting my judgment.....

Latest posts