OLB? Malcolm Smith? What is the plan

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: OLB? Malcolm Smith? What is the plan
Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm
  • Here is my bold prediction: Craig Wilkins

Can defend the run, can get after the QB, and can cover...

Thank you :les: ... RIP
    sekiuHAWK
    NET Rookie

Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 pm
  • I like this Craig Wilkins, I think he could stick. I'd like to see my man Toomer make the team this year. Give us a chance to part ways with an aging vet like Farwell.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Dude, just looked at it for the first time but Malcolm Smith's Pro Day Work Out is Off The Fucking Chart:

40 Yrd Dash: 4.44 <-- WHOA
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 28 <-- DAMN
    Vertical Jump: 39 <-- HOLY SHIT
    Broad Jump: 10'05"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.54
    3-Cone Drill: 7. 08

Yeah he lacks experience but he's entering year 3 as a Pro: If he can bulk up to at least 230-235, continue to develop his overall instincts at the position, he has the tremendous athleticism to be a promising WLB. His ceiling could be a poorman's Lavonte David.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 pm
  • If these highlights aren't aberrant, he disengages incredibly well. Really impressive.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed May 01, 2013 6:29 pm
  • Damn, I'm torn between Lotulelei, Toomer, and Wilkins. Wilkins cause he's a beast, Toomer cause he could be a beast and is a Vandal, and Lotulelei because he'd be the first long-hair, non-dread Seahawk on a team that's sorely lacking one. As a charter member of the long hair, don't care crew I'd be down with John Lotulelei.

Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 7:00 pm
  • Smith is pretty good. His issues were against the run. He gets boxed out , fails to wrap up or misreads the play. All will improve with consistent playing time.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 pm
  • Wilkens looks more like a SAM - closer to the LOS, pressing the edge - which isn't a bad thing because there isn't any proven depth behind Wright.

I think we're going to see a lot more interchangeable roles this year. Pete's alluded to it, but Wright will shift over to some WLB, Avril and Irvin will get some opportunities at SAM, and the LEO might be rotated more than we've seen in the past. It has me excited because I feel like this year we have more legitimate playmakers for Pete and Quinn to move around and create havoc for opposing offenses. Just last year when Clemons got injured we were down one edge pass rusher and he was a rookie. Now we'll be fighting to get them all on the field at the same time.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information