Rookie Qb's

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Rookie Qb's
Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:26 pm
  • Is anyone else surprised we didn't draft a young rookie late to groom as a backup to Wilson, or for future trade bait?
    Steve Largent is greatest Seahawk WR of all time
    xCalibur
    NET Rookie

Re: Rookie Qb's
Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:52 pm
  • This is one of the worst QB drafts in recent memory. Drafting a QB late in such a draft would likely be an incredible waste of time and draft picks. The idea of grooming a QB behind a 24 year old franchise is kind of silly. We need a solid backup more than a young project. Perhaps the Hawks have Portis and Johnson rated above the whole lot.
    I'm In!

What attracted you to the Seahawks?
    “It’s a combination of what I believe the coaches are doing here, the atmosphere and what I think we’re going to do here in the future. I think we’re going to win and win a lot and be a championship team.” – Zac Miller, August 4, 2011
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 pm
  • Nope. Not surprised at all. I think the FA moves before the draft made it very clear we weren't interested in any of them.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * Natural Rubbing Action *

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 pm
  • No, considering how every QB besides Manuel went way lower then expected, theres just no way we could have signed a QB this year and flipped him for equal or greater value in a few years, unless RW got hurt often and they subbed in our full offense without a snag.

Since we'll likely be a run based team for quite awhile, our backups probably would be of reduced use to teams looking for a QB savior. Might as well just deal with Brady Quinns and pick another year.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Pete had said Johnson looked really good in the tryouts and how he performed in Pittsburgh last presaeson.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 pm
  • We already had FOUR QB's on the roster...Wilson, Quinn, Portis and Johnson.

FYI, we have invited QB Casey Brockman to a tryout.

It wasn't worth using a draft pick on one.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:32 pm
  • I think anyone who thought Jerrod Johnson was nothing but a mini-camp arm should probably re-think that position. It's now pretty clear that they had a higher grade on this guy than any of the QBs they could have taken in the later rounds of the draft (Matt Scott and Tyler Bray included). He's definitely in the competition for QB2 or QB3.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:40 pm
  • It's unlikely that a rookie QB in this draft class would be able to come in and provide an upgrade over Quinn, Johnson, or even Portis this season.

And this year we just need someone who knows what they are doing to back up Wilson. We don't need to be grooming someone yet. More important to get competition and depth for the other positions.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information