UDFA Signings (9 players confirmed; poss. mini-camp invites)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Undrafted Free Agent Tracker right here: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/27/4276394/undrafted-free-agent-tracker-2013

UDFA players offered contracts (confirmed by the Seahawks):

Matt Austin, WR, Utah State
Alvin Bailey, OT, Arkansas
Kenneth Boatwright, DE, SIU
Ramon Buchanan, OLB, Miami
Ray Polk, DB, Colorado
Jordan Roussos, G, Bowling Green
Dominique Whaley, RB, Oklahoma
Craig Wilkins, LB, Old Dominion
John Lotulelei, LB, UNLV

Mini-camp invites:

Jajuan Harley, S, Middle Tennessee State
Austin Coleman, WR, St. Francis (IN)
Arceto Clark, WR, Mississippi State
O'Hara Fluellen, CB, Lincoln
Chris Billingalea, DL, Citadel
Chancey Aghayere, DE, LSU
Casey Brockman, QB, Murray State
Jake Bscherer, OT, Minnesota-Duluth
Justin Veltung, WR/KR/PR, Idaho
Akeem Davis, SS/CB, Memphis
Johnathan Sharpe, OLB, North Greenville
Josh Jenkins, OG, WVU
Gerald Kemp, WR/QB, Montana
Jake Mullin, QB, McMurry St.
Preston Hadley, CB/SS, BYU
Drew McAllister, CB/S, USC
Jim Noel, S/CB, Boston College
Zach Ramirez, K, Portland State

*Updated with official info. Signing those nine players brings our roster up to the 90-man maximum allowable right now.

Jameson

Reaction score
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATT AUSTIN IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

I went to school with him at Mt. San Antonio College!!!! This guy is a winner... him and Bruce Irvin are acquaintances... THIS IS AMAAAAZING!!!!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Boatright? Sweet name, his twitter handle made me laugh too.

Giedi

Reaction score
I think my favorite long shot - Okoye - signed with the 49ers.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
I like the addition of Ramon. He was the #2 ranked OLB out of high school according to scout. He is on the light side at 6015 and 215 pounds but ran a 4.57 at his pro day. Sounds like he was slated to have a great 2011 season but had a season ending knee injury early. He came back this season and hurt it again early in the year.

Looks like Wilkins could be another guy who they will look at in the WILL position. 6007, 238 pounds and ran a 4.54 at his pro day. 36" vert as well.

SE174

Reaction score
DaRick Rogers and Brandon Kaufman both signed with the Bills... damn.

Jameson

Reaction score
Thanks to the Utah State influence ....
and the impression he made on them ...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsususp ... e.html.csp

Let me lay some 411:

- He has a great vertical leap and has solid hands ...
- He was the top option at Mt. SAC as wide receiver ...
- at MT. SAC in '07:
Austin,Matt 69 receptions - 985 yards 14.3 yards avg. 9 TDs 75 long

at MT. SAC in '08:
Austin,Matt 71 receptions - 1131 yards 15.9 yards avg. 13 TDs 83 long

His JC career was amazing - showed a lot of athleticisim -- he's an amazing basketball player... AMAZING ... his hands are solid .... a leaper (disregarding his injuries during Utah St.) but his pro day workout was real impressive..

aside Golden Tate and Percy Harvin -- he's gonna be a good 'unseen' receiver who can take the ball from distance... he loves the long ball ... but he can get short and mid range passes.... he's not a speedy person .... but hes got the height to challenge...

im real real real real real real real happy to see him with Seahawks....

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":wsmvhekh said:
*Cautionary note: I'm adding tentative and unconfirmed reports here, so take them with a grain of salt. The wording seems to indicate this, so that's a good thing. It also appears we're not such a good market for UDFA guys to sign with. Not much of a chance to make the team with the amount of talent we have now, and they know it.
I understand why you'd come to that conclusion, but has anyone (reporters, bloggers, anybody really) actually heard any UDFA's say that? It seems as though we are a desirable destination at least for some. I'd be more inclined to think the reason we aren't signing more guys is the roster max. (Isn't it 90 at this point in the year?)

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
BlueTalon":13v4jfte said:
Seahawk Sailor":13v4jfte said:
*Cautionary note: I'm adding tentative and unconfirmed reports here, so take them with a grain of salt. The wording seems to indicate this, so that's a good thing. It also appears we're not such a good market for UDFA guys to sign with. Not much of a chance to make the team with the amount of talent we have now, and they know it.
I understand why you'd come to that conclusion, but has anyone (reporters, bloggers, anybody really) actually heard any UDFA's say that? It seems as though we are a desirable destination at least for some. I'd be more inclined to think the reason we aren't signing more guys is the roster max. (Isn't it 90 at this point in the year?)

I've heard a number of reporters, bloggers, etc., say that. Not sure any UDFA said that, but it's the general consensus it's the case, regardless. I'd agree there might be hesitation to sign knowing you ain't gonna make it, but also an attraction to sign just in case you did.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jameson":1wb27gui said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MATT AUSTIN IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

I went to school with him at Mt. San Antonio College!!!! This guy is a winner... him and Bruce Irvin are acquaintances... THIS IS AMAAAAZING!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!11!!!1one one one !!! Un!!! uno!!! Ichi!!!!

Seafan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2whblxsm said:
I'm guessing none make the team this year. Probably not even the practice squad.

Only a handful of these guys will make it to camp. 90 man roster limit is tough. It's nice to have these problems.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Dangit, was really hoping we would grab RayRay Armstrong. Went to the Rams :/ He will be a better than their 3rd round choice, TJ McDonald.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1vbmcsm8 said:
BlueTalon":1vbmcsm8 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1vbmcsm8 said:
I've heard a number of reporters, bloggers, etc., say that. Not sure any UDFA said that, but it's the general consensus it's the case, regardless. I'd agree there might be hesitation to sign knowing you ain't gonna make it, but also an attraction to sign just in case you did.
I figured it was probably a consensus among analysts. I'm just leery about hearing/believing representations of what a person is thinking without any direct evidence from the person himself. On one hand, a player might want to go somewhere else besides Seattle because the stacked roster drastically limits his ability to make the team. On the other hand, he might prefer to go to Seattle if that possibility exists, because he might just make the team -- but in the event he doesn't, he stands a much better chance of getting picked up elsewhere if he's cut from Seattle than he would if he were cut from, say, Buffalo.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Dominique Whaley, RB, Oklahoma - Like this, guy worked his way onto the team and excelled until an injury really set him back. I hope he's fully healed and can crack into the lineup, I admittedly forgot about him after his injury but I remember him balling pretty well before that trouble.

Latest posts