2013 Adopt a Rookie thread

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I know we're not done with the draft quite yet...but I'm just too excited about my adopt a rookie this year....Tharold Simon, AKA Humble Thug. He may not see the field this year, but he has the chance to be a solid replacement for Browner if everything pans out right.

Who is your adopt a rookie? You can only pick 1!!

Here are your options:

Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
Jordan Hill, DT, Penn State
Chris Harper, WR Kansas State
Jesse Williams, DT Alabama
Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
Luke Wilson, TE, Rice
Spencer Ware, RB, LSU
Ryan Seymour, G, Vanderbilt
Ty Powell, OLb, Harding
Jared Smith, DT or O'line, New Hampshire
Michael Bowie, OL, Northeast oklahoma St.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This is my favorite thread every year.

I'm a little tempted to take Spencer Ware just because he runs even more Beast Mode then our original Beast Mode, but ultimatly the decision is easy.

Chris Harper. Partly because he's an ex-Duck, but even more so because he reminds me of one of my all time favorite Seahawks, Brian Blades. He's a tough, tough football player and will become a 12th man favorite, imo.

OP
OP
FortWorthSeahawk

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Harper is intriguing...I'll be honest, I know nothing about him other than the youtube videos linked today, but I like how he goes after the ball. Plus it looks like he'll help out on the run game.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm going to wait to see all the draft picks before I make my choice, but right now I'm leaning toward Seymour.

Greenhell

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3jetdee2 said:

I'm a little tempted to take Spencer Ware just because he runs even more Beast Mode then our original Beast Mode, but ultimatly the decision is easy.

Chris Harper. Partly because he's an ex-Duck, but even more so because he reminds me of one of my all time favorite Seahawks, Brian Blades. He's a tough, tough football player and will become a 12th man favorite, imo.

What exactly is adopt a rookie? How's it work?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Greenhell":1z6hfapl said:
JSeahawks":1z6hfapl said:

You just gotta pick one dude who you root for no matter what. Who's back you've got through thick and thin and who you defend against all negativity.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Greenhell":2yi14ei8 said:

Seriously? You've been registered here for 4 years and you've never seen the annual adopt-a-rookie threads? Lol. You pick a rookie that you're a fanboy for, and stick with him through thick and thin for the year. It's really just a chance to flash your ego if your pick (assuming it's a mid-rounder or later) turns out to be really good.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Personally, I'm a little disappointed in our Mods that they haven't been archiving our Adopt-A-Rookie threads over the years.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Easy choice..Jesse Williams! YOLO!!

He'll be a stud for this team. If you don't buy that than me and my adopt a rookie will whoop some ass!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I base my adopt a rookie on the best back story.

Last year, Turbin, because of him being a man and taking care of his sister.

Been at work all day, don't know a thing about any of them yet.

Any good stories?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1d60zbg3 said:
I base my adopt a rookie on the best back story.

Last year, Turbin, because of him being a man and taking care of his sister.

Been at work all day, don't know a thing about any of them yet.

Any good stories?

Jesse Williams? First Australian to be drafted, has a YOLO tattoo on his neck. Need I say more?