At 194 Seattle selects: Spencer Ware, RB LSU

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I like him. But really surprise we go with yet another Rb. Further makes me think Turbin is moving to fullback. Or maybe Ware will be a FB? He's a pretty powerful dude.

[youtube]77UHYQZZy_8[/youtube]

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
I think Ware may be the FB. Highly recruited HS QB. Doesn't our FB have a QB lineage?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Who does this sound like:

Bottom Line
Ware is a no nonsense runner that openly looks for contact. Ware can run through tacklers, and pick up yards after contact. He lacks the speed to be a game changing runner, or an every down back, but he could carve himself out a nice niche as a third-down/goal-line running back.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540204

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
this just gets me upset because we were good at RB. and i was alright with Michael , but another. why?

JOz56

Reaction score
seatt1eslew":136tizhj said:
I think Ware may be the FB. Highly recruited HS QB. Doesn't our FB have a QB lineage?

That is what I was wondering as well.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't see Turbin moving to fullback. Having big biceps doesn't make you a fullback. Turb is too top heavy, IMO.

He's on his way to becoming a superb third down running back. His receiving skills and speed are underacknowledged around here.

seatt1eslew

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":26si1efd said:
this just gets me upset because we were good at RB. and i was alright with Michael , but another. why?
Because we only had 3 on the roster (4 if you count MRob) when the draft started.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
Don't get it. Even if they were planning on moving Turbin to FB (unlikely) or Ware they still usually only carry 1 FB and 3 RB on the roster. Turbin is much more versatile than Ware and I can't imagine they'd cut him after using a 4th round pick on him last year. Lynch, C. Michael, and M. Robinson are locks to be on the roster and I thought Turbin was a lock as well so where's that leave Ware?

Seeker

Reaction score
In pete and john i trust.
if they drafted all kickers this draft i'd assume they knew something i didn't.
*sips mai tai.*
carry on.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Reactions:

Eric Stoner ‏@ECStoner 1m
Seahawks out here drafting VIOLENT running backs. Ware=Marion Barber all over again.

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 3m
I had Spencer Ware on my list - tough, tough runner, doesn't go down, physical. Lynch-lite

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 3m
Have seen him compared to Chris Ivory

Adam Wright ‏@BlueOsprey 3m
Strong possibility. A little smaller than Mike Rob. RT @hawkblogger: I expect we will hear that Spencer Ware will be moved to FB.

Adam Wright ‏@BlueOsprey 1m
.@MattWaldman on Ware: "A hot-running, helmet-crunching, break-your-back, ball-carrying warrior. He’s rugged, smart, and technically sound."

Derek Stephens ‏@DStephensScout 1m
Very possible that ware drafted to be a fullback. Crushing downhill runner w 1-cut style.Not a burner.Good receiver. Gr8 in short yard sits

Adam Wright ‏@BlueOsprey 1m
.@MattWaldman: "If Seattle didn’t have a Robert Turbin, Ware is the back I’d want backing up Marshawn Lynch."

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest 1m
Spencer Ware also played some FB when Ridley was at LSU.

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@espn_nfcwest 2m
The RB Seattle just selected, Spencer Ware, played baseball early in time at LSU. Was a QB in high school.

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 1m
Ware is a versatile playmaker who can catch the ball out of the backfield and throw it too. #Pick194 #NFLDraft

Derek Stephens ‏@DStephensScout 11m
I had Lonnie Pryor as a FB fit for SEA but Ware give u more as runner. Not sure as blocker. Only seen him in pass pro which is above avg

Matt Pitman ‏@mattpitman 1m
Sixth round (No. 194): RB Spencer Ware, LSU http://bit.ly/14uvwe8

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 50s
Pete Carroll on Spencer Ware: "We're going to groom him as a FB that can also play tailback"

HawkWow

Reaction score
Interesting (to say the least). Hard to get a feel for any single LSU RB since Myles runs by commitee. We apparently saw something in him that made him a fit. It might have been the "bowls tacklers over" thing.

Latest posts