At 138 Seattle selects, Tharold Simon, CB LSU

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Don't know him. But he's a defender from LSU, so i assume he's good. Plus, Seahawks always pick good DBs.

[youtube]xnMTYYDnNyg[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BAM! Mentioned him in the draft forum. Got my kearly on ;)

He's got talent but he's very raw. He stood out to me on film because of his size... perfect fit for our D as he won't have to play much right away (maybe just on ST), and he can learn from another 5th round CB who just happens to the best in football right now.

sutz

Reaction score
Pete loves his secondary. And with ours, we don't need someone to contribute immediately. We have time to coach him up.

Pick6

Reaction score
I heard he got arrested because of a parking issue?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seattle's killing it this round. Big, physical corner. I like his skill level, but it almost doesn't matter. Pete's gonna coach this guy up, and he's got time to learn.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
lol hahah he sounds like my kinda guy. He said this to a cop after he told Simon to move his car, which I guess was parked illegally.

“I own Eunice,” Simon said. “I’m gonna buy these projects and you are gonna be mine.”

HAWKNUTZ

Reaction score
DavidSeven":xyoaiyom said:
Seattle's killing it this round. Big, physical corner. I like his skill level, but it almost doesn't matter. Pete's gonna coach this guy up, and he's got time to learn.

And still have another 5th coming up :D

HAWKNUTZ

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3bdg65ez said:
lol hahah he sounds like my kinda guy. He said this to a cop after he told Simon to move his car, which I guess was parked illegally.

“I own Eunice,” Simon said. “I’m gonna buy these projects and you are gonna be mine.”

I would love to be in the court room the day this goes to trial lol

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Love the pick, he was on my list of guys I wanted. If we can get Chase Thomas today I'd be pretty stoked about the whole draft.

Atradees

Reaction score
Nice highlights. Loved his pass defense a d tackling. Thanks for the highlights. What were his stats for 2012?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Reactions:

Derek Stephens ‏@DStephensScout 23m
Tweeted about Tharold Simon this week as a possible SEA target. 6'2 press corner who can play the run. Physical. Plays SEA's brand of FB.

Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox 23m
Very possible after this season. CB Tharold Simon #Seahawks RT @30AcreFortress That's your Browner replacement.

710 ESPN Seattle ‏@710ESPNSeattle 27m
LSU head coach Les Miles on CB Tharold Simon: "He's one of the more competitive men I've ever been around"

Adam Wright ‏@BlueOsprey 4m
Scout Ed Dobbs on Tharold Simon: Physical at the LOS. "Really good at getting his hands on the football. This guy turns the football over".

Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews 30s
On Simon's recent arrest Thursday night, Schneider said they were able to speak with his attorneys to alleviate concerns.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
How nervous would you be as a rookie CB trying to make the Seattle Seahawks roster?

Strap on that helmet, son.