At 123 Seattle selects: Chris harper, WR KS

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ex Duck QB. TOUGH TOUGH wr. Actually reminds me quite a bit of Brian Blades. Realy good run blocking WR as well. If you don't love the pick now I pretty much guarantee you'll love the player in a couple years.

I like it!

[youtube]zKbt-TwXKWU[/youtube]

hawker232

Reaction score
The competition level for the WR's at training camp is just going through the roof. Dang.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Great pick. Excellent pick. wow ... big body. Good route runner...

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Those moves look like he can be another Sydney Rice. I'm looking forward to watching him.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3t04ixw2 said:
I'm thinking Anquin Bolden 2.0

Not a bad comparison. Great comparison actually. They're the same size and were both college QB's at one point that converted to WR.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Some Twitter reactions, all positive:

Derek Stephens ‏@DStephensScout 7m
That's a great pick guys. Seahawks fans will LOVE Chris Harper. Looks/plays similar to A. Boldin.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 8m
New #Seahawks WR Chris Harper had highest Wonderlic of all WRs at Combine (33). Ran 4.55. Physical receiver. Some Boldin comparisons.

Adam Wright ‏@BlueOsprey 7m
Chris Harper is 6'1, 229 lbs. Ran a 4.55 40-yard dash. Benched 225 lbs. 20 times (most of all WRs at the combine).

Daniel Hill ‏@D_Hill80 12m
Chris Harper was the only REAL playmaker to help out Collin Klein last season at Kansas State, phenomenal pick @Seahawks!

Cecil Lammey ‏@cecillammey 23 Jan
One of my favorite players this week @seniorbowl is Kansas State WR Chris Harper-- size, crisp routes, reminds me of Anquan Boldin #NFLDraft

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle 1m
Harper said ability to win jump balls stems from being a short post player in hoops, which gave him "mentality of playing bigger than I was"

Adam Wright ‏@BlueOsprey 2m
Kirchner on Harper: "Not a big make-you-miss guy, but he's got the power to run through tackles. Does a great job high pointing the ball."

Matt Pitman ‏@mattpitman 2h
Fourth round: WR Chris Harper, Kansas State http://bit.ly/ZE4f6h

Rainger

Reaction score
Shock2k":1uoi193p said:
Stupid ESPN was on a commercial break during our pick.
Every year they always are. The Seattle pick doesnt matter to the talking heads and when we pick they are always talking about someone else.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
Such a great pick, worried about playing you guys this year - on the bright side, we have young and terrific CBs.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
This is such a different draft experience than I've had before. It's nice to see us not drafting for immediate needs. It seems like we're drafting for future needs and salary cap flexibility. I get the sense that the success of this draft is more likely to be felt as these people replace players with higher cap numbers over the next couple years, not so much what they do this year. This seems like a replacement for Rice or Tate - maybe not this year, but next. I love our FO's forward thinking.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I figured a WR there, but was expecting Patton or Mark Harrison. Interesting.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rainger":k4b651xi said:
Shock2k":k4b651xi said:
Stupid ESPN was on a commercial break during our pick.
Every year they always are. The Seattle pick doesnt matter to the talking heads and when we pick they are always talking about someone else.

It's Round 4... they're done showing picks live.

Calm down.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Falcan Moore":3qvzmkfu said:
Such a great pick, worried about playing you guys this year - on the bright side, we have young and terrific CBs.

As a UDub fan watching Desmond play a ton, he never screamed above average NFL starter to me. Not trying to rain on your parade, but yeah.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NorthwestSportsFan":2kr5txkq said:
This is such a different draft experience than I've had before. It's nice to see us not drafting for immediate needs. It seems like we're drafting for future needs and salary cap flexibility in the future. I get the sense that the success of this draft is more likely to be felt as these people replace players with higher cap numbers over the nect couple years, not so much what they do this year.
That's how I see it. This FO is very smart in preparing for the years ahead. All of our picks seem to be guys that can contribute PT initially, but take over when we face cap casualties coming up.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Russell Wilson just sent Chris Harper scouting info on the entire NFC West.

Latest posts