My theory for why everyone's so steamed.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • I put myself in the corner and refuse to say anything regarding our draft picks after I had a mini-tantrum last year when we drafted RW..

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

• xtm059 wrote:I think they drafted a lot for depth.

That's what you do when your roster is fairly set from the previous year and bolstered through wise free agency moves. It's such a novelty to many of us, we don't know how to rate it objectively.
    NET Veteran

• I wonder if Niner fans whined this much about "drafting for depth" after their team used a second on LaMichael James a year after drafting Kendall Hunter in the 4th to be their back up RB (sound famiiliar?). Good thing they did. Hunter got hurt and James won them the game in New England (and basically the division).
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote: Because Christine Michael is a virtual Ahman Green clone. I'd say he did alright for himself.

Ahman Green ran a 4.19 40 yard dash at his pro day.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:I can think of a couple of guys who didn't pop off the charts initially when Pete and his staff were recruiting at USC. They were both considered too small, etc. But both guys had that non-stop motor, that will to outwork other guys. One worked his way into a scholarship out of high school by showing in camps that he could get the job done in spite of his size. The other walked on and worked his way up.

Those two guys are Ryan Kalil and Clay Matthews III.

Let's not forget that an awful lot of people thought a certain QB was too short, as well.

Athletic measurables are only part of the picture.

Kalil and Matthews are incredible athletes with strong NFL bloodlines. Not the best examples, IMO. I think a much better USC example would be Brian Cushing. He was skinny as a rail when he arrived at USC, IIRC he was a walkon too. Sure, he roided up like a madman, but he's a great example of a guy with heart that turned himself into an NFL star at an athleticism dependent position.

Nope. Cush wasn't skinny when he showed up. He got that way after hurting his shoulder his freshman year. We had so many injuries on D that he had to play anyway and was practically a one-armed man by the time we got to the Rose Bowl game against Texas. He had surgery a day or so after that game. He was a highly touted player that was on scholie from day one.

Lofa might be a better example. Likewise for Troy Polamalu. Neither was highly ranked and they both basically got scholarships as legacy guys at USC.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• sc85sis wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:I can think of a couple of guys who didn't pop off the charts initially when Pete and his staff were recruiting at USC. They were both considered too small, etc. But both guys had that non-stop motor, that will to outwork other guys. One worked his way into a scholarship out of high school by showing in camps that he could get the job done in spite of his size. The other walked on and worked his way up.

Those two guys are Ryan Kalil and Clay Matthews III.

Let's not forget that an awful lot of people thought a certain QB was too short, as well.

Athletic measurables are only part of the picture.

Kalil and Matthews are incredible athletes with strong NFL bloodlines. Not the best examples, IMO. I think a much better USC example would be Brian Cushing. He was skinny as a rail when he arrived at USC, IIRC he was a walkon too. Sure, he roided up like a madman, but he's a great example of a guy with heart that turned himself into an NFL star at an athleticism dependent position.

Nope. Cush wasn't skinny when he showed up. He got that way after hurting his shoulder his freshman year. We had so many injuries on D that he had to play anyway and was practically a one-armed man by the time we got to the Rose Bowl game against Texas. He had surgery a day or so after that game. He was a highly touted player that was on scholie from day one.

Lofa might be a better example. Likewise for Troy Polamalu. Neither was highly ranked and they both basically got scholarships as legacy guys at USC.

Great post.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information