Trade Lynch for a 2014 1st? Would you?

HawkWow

Reaction score
First let me say he's my favorite player. But with his style, his days are definitely numbered. Every other team knows this too, but Lynch is a guy that can sell tickets. IF a GM offered us a 1st for him...do you think the FO would make that trade? We've got two backs that make a fraction of Lynch's money and money is going to start getting tight sooner than later.

With 2 1sts next year and some added incentive (a 2nd?) we could possibly move up to get Clowney.

How many of you would endorse such a trade?

Rat

Reaction score
The running back position has become too devalued to expect a first-round pick for Lynch, a guy who is still relatively young but has a decent amount of mileage.

I think the best we could get would be a second rounder, which no, I would not do.

olyfan63

Reaction score
First, we'd have to have a team with a FO that would offer that trade. I wouldn't see that happening, from just a longevity of contributions standpoint. Personally, I would take that trade, but reluctantly. One of the things Beastmode does is lead by example and inspire everyone else to raise their game.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2t5f89lr said:
No. And nobody in hte league would offer us a 1st for him.

Somebody in the league gave 2 1sts for Carson Palmer. Stranger things have happened but I did say "If". Obviously it would have to be a team without a top back and concerned about fan turn-out. But your point is am excellent one. I'm just throing it out there to see how serious we fans are about winning compared to keeping our favorites.

Edit: I too would take a first for Lynch..but not a second.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":14ehxk1a said:
This! The second round pick is a quality depth pick. Great teams do this!

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":r5gbcgou said:
JSeahawks":r5gbcgou said:
This! The second round pick is a quality depth pick. Great teams do this!

Better teams find starters with that 2nd round pick. This doesn't necessarily apply to us. I am plenty happy with our roster and there are few positions, IMO, that a rookie could overtake our starters.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Nope. And I LOVED the Michaels pick.

You draft Michaels to give an incredible RB depth and protect yourself against injury because the run game is so vital to your offensive success. You don't draft him to try and trade away the second best RB in the league.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2nkwixp2 said:
You draft Michaels to give an incredible RB depth and protect yourself against injury because the run game is so vital to your offensive success.
I like the way you worded that. Excellent way to view this pick. I'll probably end up stealing it.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Throw Michael into the mix with Lynch and Turbin and you have one very worn down defensive line by the fourth quarter.

We're also covered if Lynch does end up getting suspended for his DUI last year.

hawk45

Reaction score
With what our front office does with late round picks I see no reason to sacrifice our chances of winning now just to grab a first rounder, not that it would be forthcoming.

Put me on the "no" list.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
RB's are not just valued very highly these days. I don't think you could get a #1 for Lynch these days, there longevity is around 5 years. Why would anyone want to trade him at this point ? He is worth far more to the Seahawks thank any other team.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm trying to think of what RBs would fetch a first rounder in a trade right now. There aren't many.

Definitely: Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, Alfred Morris

Maybe, leaning towards yes: Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster

I have no idea: Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller

The Radish

Reaction score
I think Lynch is to much the face of the franchise right now to entertain such a thought. And we're in pretty good shape there.

If there were problems maybe but doubtful. I don't see Pete taking a guy that had such a hand in identifying our team the last 2 years and letting him go for even the moon.

:les:

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Lynch should never wear another jersey again.He was the catalyst for all that we are now.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
No. Every player has his price, but Lynch has huge value to this team and is worth more to us than a future 1st.