Turbin vs Michael Who do you got?

getnasty

Reaction score
Last Year Turbin had 80 carries as the backup. Who do you think see a majority of those snaps this year?

JKent82

Reaction score
Turbin is gonna get lots of third downs. Michael gets more goalline when Marshawn is out. And Turbin and Michael split when we're up 50 points.

jake206

Reaction score
Don't care what anyone says, we're running the wishbone/triple option next year.

Axx

Reaction score
jake206":28fs42t3 said:
Don't care what anyone says, we're running the wishbone/triple option next year.

Wing-T > Wishbone

Rat

Reaction score
How do they compare as pass blockers and receivers? That could play into it.

jake206

Reaction score
I'm so happy Tom Cable is the real OC on this team. Old skool.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We already run the ball more than any other team. I expect to have some comfortable leads next year that will keep the ball on the ground..even moreso. I have a feeling we are about to see what Turbin is really made of and I'm hoping for a level of competition that reminds of Watters vs. Alexander. Those were good (RB) times.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Michael will be 2nd string. While Turbin runs into tackles, this kid spins out of them. Turbin will probably transform into more of a 3rd down recieving back. I give Turbin a lot of cradit in that role though. Turbin has a knack of finding that 1st down marker and sprinting to it and getting just enough to move the chains. Plus when Turbins in, you still have to account for him as a runner on 3rd and long. Turbin is also above average in pass pro.

Watching Michael you can see he is clearly the better runner though. He reads his blocks quicker, fast and decisive on his cuts, and his spin move and tackle breaking ability is superior to Turbin. Its no surprise why Schneider wanted this guy with his 1st pick. He is an athletic freak. His 40 is good (not elite but NFL standards good), but its about his verticle and other stuff that makes this kid an amazing athlete. Upper body strength, etc.

I've talked to some A&M people and his whole deal with Sumlin was way over blown and frankly this kid excelled in the pro offense before Sumlin came in with his spread. An A&M guy told me he has the NCAA record for rushing yards in a game but I didn't bother verifying it.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Turbin will be the number two back but its keeps the competition flowing and its great for the team. Michael seems like the real deal .

I love the pick because if Marshawn goes down now we have two guys who can carry the load. I pray Marshawn keeps beasting but its nice to know that guys behind him can ball .

Rat

Reaction score
Turbin will be most useful during the arm-wrestling tie-breaker that occurs during games that are still knotted after regulation.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'll take Michael. I'm not blown away by Turbs from a pure running back standpoint.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Michael is my guess. Turbin has the huge biceps but Michael has the legs. He brings the power

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not sure. I'm pretty high on Turbin, and I think he ended up being a GREAT pick last year, but I'm not sure he has the potential to be a game changing back. I think Michael does have that potential, but Turbin might have the versatility to be on the field more next year. Love the pick, though.

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Maybe they're gonna turn one of them into OLB. Finally this pick is making sense to me.

Basis4day

Reaction score
We had an opening at RB after Leon was released. I see a lot of weapons on this offense.

Fine with the picks after reading up on them.