At 62, Seattle selects: Christine Michael, RB Texas A&M

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I can dig it! The dude was super excited after meeting with us. Btw, Kearly nailed this in his mock. He also goes from one 12th man, to the better 12th man.

[youtube]LCVqxFeWFoU[/youtube]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Here's what Christine Michael said about the Seahawks on Twitter after his recent visit:

Christine Michael ‏@Cmike33 2h
Man these Seahawks got a boy wanted to go throw some pads on right now...solid team and great people... All business!

Christine Michael ‏@Cmike33 21m
SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine Michael ‏@Cmike33 1h
@Earl_Thomas Fam udk how bad I wanna be apart of what y'all boys bout to go thru man... I can Learn from lynch cuz

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wow.

Scratching my head but I have to admit he brings some speed and shifty running to a team full of power runners.

Still, this was a draft stuffed full of DTs, a position that is high value and hard to find fits in. Whereas RBs are like guitarists, you can find them all the time. Also, the playing lifespan of a RB is pretty low, so you don't even usually get that many years from even the good ones.

Seems a weird move, then again I was pulling for Allen and frankly WRs have one of the lowest success rates and longest time to productivity too.

But RB?

I am just going to have to go with the front office staff earned the benefit of the doubt based on previous successes but I am still perplexed by the choice.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
jamsomatic":1dtuj7qw said:
I like it.

A lot.

This is the guy I thought we would take.

I wonder how Turbin feels about it.

I imagine he feels like he will learn and take over for m-rob, and that finally someone other rook to forget the pies...

polarbill1999

Reaction score
5'10" 220
4.43 40-9th ranked from combine
43" vert-1st
6.69 3 cone-1st
27 reps-3rd
4.02 shuttle-1st
125" broad-2nd

This kid is a freak athlete.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Watching the video he looks really explosive off the line. But I have to wonder why the heck we are taking a running back, except as maybe a replacement for Leon. But I've promised myself I would never question Sneider/Carol again. So NICE PICK!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Shock2k":2m80avvu said:
Watching the video he looks really explosive off the line. But I have to wonder why the heck we are talking a running back, except as maybe a replacement for Leon. But I've promised myself I would never question Sneider/Carol again. So NICE PICK!

Because Pete loves to pound the rock!!! Plus, Lynch's back kind of worries me going forward.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
He can fit Leon Washington's role.

We're set at Running back for the next 10 years!

Shock2k

Reaction score
They mentioned he had "off the field problems", but we seem to love folks with off the field problems. Agian, good pick!

drdiags

Reaction score
The Seahawks had no choice but to let Leon walk after trading for Harvin, but at a cheaper price they have someone who can take on his punt return duties and part-time kickoff duties from Harvin.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Dude's got some Madden moves...saw a couple spins and a hop...I told my friend we'd either draft R OL, run stuff DT or a backup to M Rob. Haven't had a chance to do any research on him yet, what is his "troubled past"? The tv guys said he might have slid because of it? He looks pretty fast and shifty and can stay on his feet.

-SH

Shock2k

Reaction score
That makes sense. It also gives you an explosive/cutting/quick running back to compliment our two bruisers.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I know alot are disappointed with the RB pick. Frankly I love it after first getting over the shock. Remember PC whole program is built on competition. We always keep 3 RB's. I'd dare say this is the best RB crew in the entire NFL.

People keep asking what does this mean for Turbin? Absolutely nothing but good. These 3 will push each other to a higher level and should make for some great drama in training camp. I love Turbin, I love me some Beastmode. this new kid -- at least through his highlights is less a power back and more shifty then I would have thought with his size. To me Michael and Turbin are both similar. Both are very explosive and have a top gear Beastmode doesn't have.

I think this is a long-term pick that will pay immediate dividends in 2013.

Just think 2 years ago some of you wanted to sign that undrafted free agent RB who was severly limited as a player and just 3 years ago we had Forsett, Washington, and Julius Jones to start the season. The depth and talent has come A LONG way since then

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Different rounds, but considering this is our first pick, I think this guy is the Bruce Irvin this year. Not really many expected us to get him but can surprise quite the number of people.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
This is a pick with an eye towards the critical 2015 off-season when the Hawks will have a slew of elite players hitting free agency. To keep them they'll need every dime of cap space they can find, and Marshawn Lynch's contract (at then-age 29) will almost certainly have to go.