Seahawks signed QB Jerrod Johnson

Scottemojo

Reaction score
When he was a junior, I was so high on this guy.

Then he had maybe the worst senior fall I have ever seen. He looked like playing football made his balls hurt.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Another arm for mini camps and preseason, if it works out for us great, if it works out for him to get a shot elsewhere after we cut him great for him. If not then at least we don't have to wear out Wilson's arm before the season starts

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Another guy that may have the attitude, chip on his shoulder, to want to prove the NFL wrong about him.

That story sound familiar????

Anyone know what he did last year as it appears he wasn't in school if he is not in this years draft?

GO HAWKS!!!

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
This guy sucks. Probably just covering our a$$es in case an UDFA they're looking at gets drafted or signs somewhere else this weekend. Bet you $1 he doesn't make it to the initial cutdown to 75.

Jville

Reaction score
I wonder what Jerrod Johnson could do as a hybrid tight end or h-back.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
He sounds like a good no risk pick up if healthy. In college he had an excellent arm.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":29dlkiyz said:
I'm going out on a limb and guessing that the only QB we end up carrying into the regular season that is currently on our roster is Russell Wilson.
I'll to the same except my guess is two QBs... Russell and Brady Quinn.

Quinn is the perfect back-up for RW. They'll work real well together and Quinn will support Russell better than Portis, Johnson or anybody we select in the draft.

I figure that we'll draft a QB and one of he, Portis or Johnson will be the team's 3rd QB for 2013.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
No risk, solid reward: that's an outstanding move for the front office to make. I like it a lot. And we don't need him to be a world beater. Hell, we don't even need him to make the team. But if he does, and does better than expected, it's another no-name-into-a-solid-move for the Seahawks.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Going into his senior season Johnson was projected as a possible first-round pick in the 2011 draft. He struggled a bit during the first half of the season, particularly with INT's, and Mike Sherman gave him a quick hook in favor of the ascending Ryan Tannehill, who proceeded to finish strong and render Johnson a backup to finish the season (and undrafted player). A should injury also affected Johnson's arm strength, particularly during the pre-draft process, and he got a tad heavy too (not JaMarcus Russell heavy, but he was toting a small all-season radial around his waist). Assuming his arm strength is back and he's in shape, this is a poor man's Josh Freeman, or at least a more athletic Byron Leftwich type. He's also a strong character guy who played in a relatively pro-style offense in college. Don't discount this signing, with some mechanical work and a few adjustments to his footwork, Johnson can legitimately compete if he comes in healthy, fit and prepared.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He participated at the TAM pro-day. Scouts were pretty positive. Said he was throwing 70 yard bombs. Apparently he has a new, more natural throwing motion.

He was a fan fav with the steelers in pre-season last year. He is probably better than EJ Manual, and cost us no draft pick.

chris98251

Reaction score
Looks fast would work well in the read option, throwing motion is all over, chest high, short arm relase and sort of side arm at times. If that can be converted to a more over the top with his accuracy intact from the highlights of the season on the bottom vid he could be a hidden gem.