What If: Elway in Seattle

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:00 am
  • Beeker49 wrote:Um, same results? No SB wins? *awaits hammering*


    Bwhahaha!

    Good one, dude. Really. Laughed out loud here. I appreciate what you did there.

    Now back to our regularly scheduled program: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:
    Image
    User avatar
    SirTed
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 720
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 am
    Location: Queen Anne


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:09 am
  • It's all good. I see it as Beeker just joking around with his new buds but some not feeling he is part of the in crowd yet. I get that. I wasn't that pissed about his comment but did want to take a chance to make sure he and we understood we are trying to be a more productive football conversationalist and not a one-upmanship.

    This was a what-if scenario and a fun topic for those who followed this team for a long time. Beekers could have passed on it. He chose to have a little fun. No harm but you know as well as I do when the bullets start to fly, having a reasonable judgement of when to take it there for a little fun versus devolving the forum into locked/moved topics is going to be based on what we establish now with our newly invited/joined members.

    I support you guys and will not speak up again on matters that are controlled by you guys. I will just keep my mouth shut. But I know there will be those who are going to react bitterly to fans they think have crossed a line. I say just make it worth the angst. Or we can grow up and not call for our mommies all the time. I will try getting weaned ... smile.

    Have a good day. And Beeker. Good one. Ha ha ...
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9127
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 am
  • I agree with the Niner.

    Just cause he says he would have enjoyed playing here doesn't mean anything. It's called being diplomatic. Hell he took a lot of flack for what he did to Indy.

    1. He's an unlikeable jerk.

    2. He's looks like a Bronco, literally.

    3. He'd be running the team now. Instead of PC/JS/Allen, we'd have the fools that drafted Tebow.

    4. He had to juice up with PEDs just to win his Superbowls. And the NFL wouldn't have waited to ban Elway's Creatine until after his retirement if he played for the Seahawks.

    We're lucky we have Wilson. I have a feeling he'll prove that 37 years was worth the wait.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:27 am
  • drdiags wrote:You may not be a bad guy Beeker but was the shot necessary? I guess a wolf just cannot hide its intentions. Smack shack my good man, smack shack.


    It's more of a shot at Elway than it is at Seattle anyway. big game choker, the Peyton Manning of the 80s/90s.
    Sure he finally got his ring(s) (as did Peyton), but way less than he should have considering the team he had.
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2364
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 am
  • Just watched it.. I can't believe how freaking stupid Irsay was..

    And why did we pass on Dickerson for Warner again?

    Oh well.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4720
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 am
  • Lady Talon wrote:I agree with the Niner.

    Just cause he says he would have enjoyed playing here doesn't mean anything. It's called being diplomatic. Hell he took a lot of flack for what he did to Indy.

    1. He's an unlikeable jerk.

    2. He's looks like a Bronco, literally.

    3. He'd be running the team now. Instead of PC/JS/Allen, we'd have the fools that drafted Tebow.

    4. He had to juice up with PEDs just to win his Superbowls. And the NFL wouldn't have waited to ban Elway's Creatine until after his retirement if he played for the Seahawks.

    We're lucky we have Wilson. I have a feeling he'll prove that 37 years was worth the wait.


    :lol:

    What?

    All of these statements are ridiculous. Especially 3 and 4.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4720
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:39 am
  • I think a dose of self honesty is in order here. I read the Niner post without looking at who posted it and thought nothing of it. When people jumped on him, I went back and looked and saw it was a Niner fan. Then I found myself agreeing that the post was snarky, but not until I knew it was a Niner fan that posted it.

    Radish is right. It wasn't offensive. I didn't think it was offensive. When I saw it was a Niner fan I was offended. Let's face it, had it not been a Niner fan saying it, no one would have gave two tits on a rats behind. It wasn't offensive in and of itself and we should let that one go due to the nature of the OP's question.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4555
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:53 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:I agree with the Niner.

    Just cause he says he would have enjoyed playing here doesn't mean anything. It's called being diplomatic. Hell he took a lot of flack for what he did to Indy.

    1. He's an unlikeable jerk.

    2. He's looks like a Bronco, literally.

    3. He'd be running the team now. Instead of PC/JS/Allen, we'd have the fools that drafted Tebow.

    4. He had to juice up with PEDs just to win his Superbowls. And the NFL wouldn't have waited to ban Elway's Creatine until after his retirement if he played for the Seahawks.

    We're lucky we have Wilson. I have a feeling he'll prove that 37 years was worth the wait.


    :lol:

    What?

    All of these statements are ridiculous. Especially 3 and 4.


    3 maybe. But #4, I remember very well the Creatine controversy. Players were calling it to be banned even before Elway became it's poster child. Only took 2 years of Super Bowl wins and a retirement before the NFL finally got around to banning it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/24/sports/pro-football-notebook-nfl-is-uneasy-about-diet-supplements-use.html
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:06 pm
  • Lady Talon wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:I agree with the Niner.

    Just cause he says he would have enjoyed playing here doesn't mean anything. It's called being diplomatic. Hell he took a lot of flack for what he did to Indy.

    1. He's an unlikeable jerk.

    2. He's looks like a Bronco, literally.

    3. He'd be running the team now. Instead of PC/JS/Allen, we'd have the fools that drafted Tebow.

    4. He had to juice up with PEDs just to win his Superbowls. And the NFL wouldn't have waited to ban Elway's Creatine until after his retirement if he played for the Seahawks.

    We're lucky we have Wilson. I have a feeling he'll prove that 37 years was worth the wait.


    :lol:

    What?

    All of these statements are ridiculous. Especially 3 and 4.


    3 maybe. But #4, I remember very well the Creatine controversy. Players were calling it to be banned even before Elway became it's poster child. Only took 2 years of Super Bowl wins and a retirement before the NFL finally got around to banning it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/24/sports/pro-football-notebook-nfl-is-uneasy-about-diet-supplements-use.html


    Not to nitpick but, creatine is not a banned substance by the NFL. And really it shouldn't be, as that's as common a supplement now as a basic whey protein powder or multi vitamins. Of course there really isn't a policy with HGH either.

    But yes 1 and 2 are ridiculous - Elway would have probably been beloved in Seattle, it's easy to say otherwise now because he basically owned the Seahawks for the better part of his career while playing for a hated division foe. However, it's like Richard Sherman.. you can't tell me he'd be downright hated by Seahawk fans if he played for San Francisco or something. Instead he's one of the most liked players on the team.

    And John Elway hated Tebow as a QB.. clearly.. after all he couldn't wait to dump him last year. Another bold assumption is that he would be calling any form of shots on this team right now. And even then, he hasn't been the worst GM - but of course signing Peyton Manning could make any personnel guy look great.

    I just think it's a major stretch to assume any of these things. Just like its kind of funny to assume Elway wouldn't have won a Super Bowl in Seattle. After all - just eight months after the '83 draft, they were a game away from the Super Bowl with Dave Krieg under center.. not like the team needed a whole lot of pieces to be a bonafide threat to win a title.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4720
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:17 pm
  • I think much of our views of Elway are deeply colored by the Seahawks-Broncos rivalry. We all learned to hate him because he was a great player on a rival team that regularly schooled us. If he were a Seahawk, he'd have gone down as one of our favorite players ever. Period.

    And to say no way, Seahawks don't win a Super Bowl with Elway instead of who we had as quarterbacks during his tenure in the league is pretty ridiculous. We had some very good years in the mid- to late-80s, some of which are lamented as the biggest should'a-would'a-could'a seasons ever.

    1984 could have been a whole lot different. Instead of finishing a game behind the Elway-led Broncos, the Elway-led Seahawks could have cruised to a pretty impressive season that year.

    1985 could have looked a whole lot different than the win-two-lose-two debacle of that season, were we to have had Elway in his third year in the league.

    1986 if I remember right was the year we slumped in the middle of the season, but at the end of the season were tearing through teams like a hot knife through butter. Think Elway could have helped make the playoffs instead of going 10-6 and missing out?

    And the early nineties could have looked a whole lot different than they did. Instead of the nightmare of what happened with B... B... uh, yea, him, and the possibility of moving to L.A., maybe an Elway-led team coming off a Super Bowl a few years earlier might have made a bigger difference and a quicker recovery from those years.

    So count me in as one who thinks it isn't unlikely at all we'd have won at least one with him on the team.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18377
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 pm
  • Elway's arrogance came to light last off-season when he said this:

    http://www.faniq.com/blog/John-Elway-sa ... Blog-53482

    I'm not sure most of our opinions on Elway are without merit, Sailor.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24681
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:40 pm
  • The original horse toothed jackass would not have lasted long enough to win SBs. Drafted in '83, he didn't do much until '86 and no SBs until '97. Plus he was an interception machine...not a good fit for Ground Chuck
    My Tapatalk for Ipad is bigger than yours. Size matters.
    User avatar
    MeanBlueGreen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1114
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:56 pm
    Location: Redwood City, California


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Look y'all ... it really wasn't meant to be "snarky'. Yes, I worded it poorly, and I'll try NOT to do so in the future. I appreciate the feedback, in fact. I know y'all have had issues with Niner fans here, and I'm doing my best to NOT be one of "them". Hey, I honestly liked the Hawks when they were AFCW. I'm probably one of the few non-Hawks fans that knew they were ORIGINALLY in the NFCW in 1977 as well. I'll take my lumps when I"m being a smartass, dam right I will. And as long as the Hawks beat the Lambs and Cardinulls twice a year each, that makes me a happy man.

    In the end - this shit is gonna be good for a LONG time.
    User avatar
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:30 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Elway's arrogance came to light last off-season when he said this:

    http://www.faniq.com/blog/John-Elway-sa ... Blog-53482

    I'm not sure most of our opinions on Elway are without merit, Sailor.



    Not disagreeing with the OP on Elway but I have no beef with what he said. Mannings "in the conversation" but realistically he has 1 ring. That position is defined by winning. Stats define WR's, RB's and DE's. Stats get QB's an honorable mention.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9180
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:42 pm
  • It's a team game. You can't judge based solely on rings. Truly elite QBs can carry through the regular season, but you can't carry very far in the postseason. It's not Marino's fault that his GM and HC didn't build a great team for him to steamroll through Super Bowls with, as an example.

    Super Bowl rings are overrated when evaluating one player. They're not overrated at all when evaluating teams.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24681
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:50 pm
  • I disagree. QBing is like starting pitching. Not to mention his stats from Indy's lone SB win he was horrible that post season.
    User avatar
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 9180
    Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
    Location: Is Everything


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:3 maybe. But #4, I remember very well the Creatine controversy. Players were calling it to be banned even before Elway became it's poster child. Only took 2 years of Super Bowl wins and a retirement before the NFL finally got around to banning it.

    http://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/24/sports/pro-football-notebook-nfl-is-uneasy-about-diet-supplements-use.html


    Not to nitpick but, creatine is not a banned substance by the NFL. And really it shouldn't be, as that's as common a supplement now as a basic whey protein powder or multi vitamins. Of course there really isn't a policy with HGH either.

    But yes 1 and 2 are ridiculous - Elway would have probably been beloved in Seattle, it's easy to say otherwise now because he basically owned the Seahawks for the better part of his career while playing for a hated division foe. However, it's like Richard Sherman.. you can't tell me he'd be downright hated by Seahawk fans if he played for San Francisco or something. Instead he's one of the most liked players on the team.

    And John Elway hated Tebow as a QB.. clearly.. after all he couldn't wait to dump him last year. Another bold assumption is that he would be calling any form of shots on this team right now. And even then, he hasn't been the worst GM - but of course signing Peyton Manning could make any personnel guy look great.

    I just think it's a major stretch to assume any of these things. Just like its kind of funny to assume Elway wouldn't have won a Super Bowl in Seattle. After all - just eight months after the '83 draft, they were a game away from the Super Bowl with Dave Krieg under center.. not like the team needed a whole lot of pieces to be a bonafide threat to win a title.


    Creatine ITSELF is not banned, but thats splitting hairs because the tests were enhanced so the ingredients inside of it will get you suspended.

    It is the player's responsibility to make sure that they don't put anything that'll red flag them in there bodies. Always has been.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    User avatar
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 757
    Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:13 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:It's a team game. You can't judge based solely on rings. Truly elite QBs can carry through the regular season, but you can't carry very far in the postseason. It's not Marino's fault that his GM and HC didn't build a great team for him to steamroll through Super Bowls with, as an example.

    Super Bowl rings are overrated when evaluating one player. They're not overrated at all when evaluating teams.


    Agree Roland, there are 52 other players, coaches, front office people, literally a building full of people that support and contribute to the organizations winning or losing.

    It's an unfair criteria.

    Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien and Brad Johnson would be in the conversation as being as good as Peyton if it were a true measuring stick.
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    User avatar
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5306
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:49 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Just watched it.. I can't believe how freaking stupid Irsay was..

    And why did we pass on Dickerson for Warner again?

    Oh well.


    Could be he was that electric and good, could be Chuck Knox is from Pennsylvania also....
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10024
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:56 pm
  • Elway would have garnered us National attention and Elway would have put us in the highlight reels every week, IF.

    Chuck Knox ever met a QB he trusted, Knox did not like Zorn's scrambling or his improvazation, why he was gone so quick, injury also but I read that somewhere at some time, Kreig was a workman and did what he was told a lot. Hand the ball to the RB and Fullback and complete the passes I let you throw. Elway would have needed to also have some receivers that could catch the ball, McCullum and Largent were here but neither were guys that busted a defense deep. Daryl Turner dropped as many as he caught.

    He would have seen his best days under Flores and Erickson really if he lasted that long here, Behring probably would have traded him.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10024
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:26 pm
  • We would have won at least one Super Bowl, and I would argue anyone who listened that he was the greatest of all time.

    I would wear his jersey in the South end zone and name one of my children after him.

    I would have an autographed photo of that ugly, ass, reverse-centaur over my fireplace.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 2961
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:I think a dose of self honesty is in order here. I read the Niner post without looking at who posted it and thought nothing of it. When people jumped on him, I went back and looked and saw it was a Niner fan. Then I found myself agreeing that the post was snarky, but not until I knew it was a Niner fan that posted it.

    Radish is right. It wasn't offensive. I didn't think it was offensive. When I saw it was a Niner fan I was offended. Let's face it, had it not been a Niner fan saying it, no one would have gave two tits on a rats behind. It wasn't offensive in and of itself and we should let that one go due to the nature of the OP's question.


    100% agreement. Many of us like to overreact, and are a little sensitive when it comes to fans of other teams, especially the Whiners. And that is understandable. But I don't think Beeker's post was even close to being out of line.
    Image
    nategreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1330
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:25 pm
  • Beeker49 wrote:Look y'all ... it really wasn't meant to be "snarky'. Yes, I worded it poorly, and I'll try NOT to do so in the future. I appreciate the feedback, in fact. I know y'all have had issues with Niner fans here, and I'm doing my best to NOT be one of "them". Hey, I honestly liked the Hawks when they were AFCW. I'm probably one of the few non-Hawks fans that knew they were ORIGINALLY in the NFCW in 1977 as well. I'll take my lumps when I"m being a smartass, dam right I will. And as long as the Hawks beat the Lambs and Cardinulls twice a year each, that makes me a happy man.

    In the end - this shit is gonna be good for a LONG time.


    I'm sure you're a terrific guy, but...

    http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... ds/page11/

    I question your motives.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3748
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:46 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Beeker49 wrote:Look y'all ... it really wasn't meant to be "snarky'. Yes, I worded it poorly, and I'll try NOT to do so in the future. I appreciate the feedback, in fact. I know y'all have had issues with Niner fans here, and I'm doing my best to NOT be one of "them". Hey, I honestly liked the Hawks when they were AFCW. I'm probably one of the few non-Hawks fans that knew they were ORIGINALLY in the NFCW in 1977 as well. I'll take my lumps when I"m being a smartass, dam right I will. And as long as the Hawks beat the Lambs and Cardinulls twice a year each, that makes me a happy man.

    In the end - this shit is gonna be good for a LONG time.


    I'm sure you're a terrific guy, but...

    http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... ds/page11/

    I question your motives.


    We can throw Young2Rice in the "questionable motives" category as well.

    And people wonder why we hesitate to approve niner fans. Troll our board and go back to report about it.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8691
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:04 pm
  • Anyone saying that Elway wouldn't have immediately won and gel'd with the Seahawks is really showing their ignorance

    Also he wasn't being diplomatic. He's FROM Gig Harbor, Wife is from Tacoma, his whole family is in the Northwest

    He would have no problem playing here
    User avatar
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 374
    Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am
    Location: Tacoma, WA


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:05 pm
  • Call it trolling all you want. Ban me. I'll still enjoy being on the 49ers boards.

    And have a nice day.
    User avatar
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:06 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    Beeker49 wrote:Look y'all ... it really wasn't meant to be "snarky'. Yes, I worded it poorly, and I'll try NOT to do so in the future. I appreciate the feedback, in fact. I know y'all have had issues with Niner fans here, and I'm doing my best to NOT be one of "them". Hey, I honestly liked the Hawks when they were AFCW. I'm probably one of the few non-Hawks fans that knew they were ORIGINALLY in the NFCW in 1977 as well. I'll take my lumps when I"m being a smartass, dam right I will. And as long as the Hawks beat the Lambs and Cardinulls twice a year each, that makes me a happy man.

    In the end - this shit is gonna be good for a LONG time.


    I'm sure you're a terrific guy, but...

    http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... ds/page11/

    I question your motives.

    Nice to see you trolling the WZ and reporting back HERE.

    See how that double standard works?
    User avatar
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 pm
  • WZ is a toilet. Just like Candlestick park.
    Rzzzzz...
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10605
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:13 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:WZ is a toilet. Just like Candlestick park.

    Funny. Y'all should probably just go ahead and ban my account now, before I actually type something that WILL get me banned.
    User avatar
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:20 pm
  • Beeker49 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:WZ is a toilet. Just like Candlestick park.

    Funny. Y'all should probably just go ahead and ban my account now, before I actually type something that WILL get me banned.


    Will it be something about your youporn account?
    Rzzzzz...
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10605
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:23 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Beeker49 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:WZ is a toilet. Just like Candlestick park.

    Funny. Y'all should probably just go ahead and ban my account now, before I actually type something that WILL get me banned.


    Will it be something about your youporn account?

    What, exactly, is a youporn account?
    User avatar
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:25 pm
  • I'm already getting heartburn here. Absolut, do something terrible.
    Rzzzzz...
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10605
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:30 pm
  • Sounds like someone got caught and is acting out.

    Peaches, you probably have to refer to it as the "Premium Membership"
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8691
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:34 pm
  • For the love of god, don't ban him. Please. If he starts spouting obscenities in non-shacked forums, just delete them. I want him to live with his public shame.
    Rzzzzz...
    User avatar
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *
     
    Posts: 10605
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
    Location: Helm's Deep


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:47 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:For the love of god, don't ban him. Please. If he starts spouting obscenities in non-shacked forums, just delete them. I want him to live with his public shame.

    I don't see any shame on my part. What's a shame is that I posted on the WZ, and that someone from .Net felt compelled to troll over there and report back HERE. Seems a little ... fishy .... to me ..... But anyways, do your worst. This is a CHAT FORUM ... no my life.

    Go NINERS and Wilson is a pissant midget.
    User avatar
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 pm
  • Beeker49 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:WZ is a toilet. Just like Candlestick park.

    Funny. Y'all should probably just go ahead and ban my account now, before I actually type something that WILL get me banned.


    This post get my "Stick a fork in Beeker" vote.

    Peaches takes 8 simple words and forces Beeker into freaking out and threatening to say something to get him banned - oh no, don't do it Beeker,

    He went from having a thick skin in his OP, to not being able to handle a toilet reference to candlestick.

    I hope the best for you Beek, but this really could be an up hill battle.

    On Topic, Dave K was better then Elway, All day!
    Spokane
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 700
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 pm
  • Spokane wrote:
    Beeker49 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:WZ is a toilet. Just like Candlestick park.

    Funny. Y'all should probably just go ahead and ban my account now, before I actually type something that WILL get me banned.


    This post get my "Stick a fork in Beeker" vote.

    Peaches takes 8 simple words and forces Beeker into freaking out and threatening to say something to get him banned - oh no, don't do it Beeker,

    He went from having a thick skin in his OP, to not being able to handle a toilet reference to candlestick.

    I hope the best for you Beek, but this really could be an up hill battle.

    On Topic, Dave K was better then Elway, All day!

    Nah, it wasn't what was said here. But no worries. If my Wilson is a pissant midget comment doesn't get me banned, so be it.
    User avatar
    Beeker49
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 59
    Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:06 pm
  • 4 months, 12 days until until 2013 kickof
    Image
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    User avatar
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1665
    Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 pm


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:09 pm
  • You have to do better than "Wilson is short," because he is.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8691
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 pm
  • Nice

    I ....... can't ..... help ..... it ..... the level of ignorance is drawing me in like a moth to the light ......


    Seems ones cred is high, so I look forward to some enlightening conversation. Not sure why Pithy's response to a request for access has to be posted along with one's eloquent response. I probably should have stayed away from that link posted earlier. There are some gems in there. I just wonder why grown folks on both side of the aisle act like they do. It is a simple game, we don't get paid. Yet we want to sit back and laugh at how stupid the other guy is.

    EDIT:

    Good stuff. Our poor Mt Rushmore and open letter to Winfield seem to have the boys howling.
    Last edited by drdiags on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9127
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 pm
  • That is a pretty good thread about enemy boards. Got to say besides the usual rival fan stuff there is some truths in that thread looking from a non-Seahawks fan point of view.

    I agree with this sentiment here

    I can't even read their site any more. You can try to have a logical conversation with them and they just go full on zealot mode. Look at their "NFL Nation" subforum; half the threads are 49ers related. Have you ever seen a fanbase with such an inferiority complex?
    Image
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    User avatar
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 9127
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Covington, Washington


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:38 pm
  • Did Beeker say his Wilson is short and is in awe of our Wilson?
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 10024
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:02 pm
  • drdiags wrote:That is a pretty good thread about enemy boards. Got to say besides the usual rival fan stuff there is some truths in that thread looking from a non-Seahawks fan point of view.

    I agree with this sentiment here

    I can't even read their site any more. You can try to have a logical conversation with them and they just go full on zealot mode. Look at their "NFL Nation" subforum; half the threads are 49ers related. Have you ever seen a fanbase with such an inferiority complex?


    Unavoidable. Happens in both. Fan forums after all...
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3748
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:46 am
  • Beeker49 wrote:Um, same results? No SB wins? *awaits hammering*


    You sound like a bitter old man, sadly remanencing of what once was.

    Sadder, is the fact your on a Seahawk board..I don't know who you are, or why your here, but for the most part, Trolls are like.. well, finding hair in your food.

    I mean really, the question "Um, same results?" why would you put that in? THis is not a smack down forum. So I figure you must be some idiot stirring up trouble. As far as I can tell the 49ers had one good decade in what.. since 46, about 70 years, and probably for 50 years of that, you have all been mediocre at best. Soo..yeah you guys are awesome and all we have is 42-13 by some undersized rookie qb, who according to you guys is far inferior to what the 9ers have in Kaep. 42- 13.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 251
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:45 am
  • To the actual question at hand if we had Elway instead of Warner? Obviously 20/20 hindsight says that a Superbowl or more would have been probable if not likely.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6631
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:52 am
  • Post #1:

    Beeker49 wrote:Anyways, I know I'll catch my fair share of grief, and that's cool - I've got thick skin.


    Post #40:

    Beeker49 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:WZ is a toilet. Just like Candlestick park.

    Funny. Y'all should probably just go ahead and ban my account now, before I actually type something that WILL get me banned.


    :snack: What is it about the layout of this site can't folks understand? We have certain rooms we like to keep clean and tidied up, and certain places where it is acceptable to urinate and dedicate. It's like your house. Well... normal houses, anyway. Just think of the main forum as the living room or parlor, the lounge as the kitchen or dining room, the NFL forum as the kids' rumpus room downstairs, the PWR forum as the garage, and the shack as, well, just keep on keepin' on in there. You got that part down solid.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18377
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:57 am
  • If Elway had been in Seattle, I would have had only nice things to say about Mr. Ed. Cuz it would have been awesome.

    BTW, Beeker is the first guy I have ever seen actually ask to get banned. I guess his skin is not as thick as he first claimed. I bet an actual trip to the C-link would have him in tears.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 10738
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:44 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:BTW, Beeker is the first guy I have ever seen actually ask to get banned. I guess his skin is not as thick as he first claimed. I bet an actual trip to the C-link would have him in tears.


    And a banning seems like something he'd wear back on his home board as some kind of badge of honor (and likely as an attack on this board). I wouldn't give the satisfaction.
    User avatar
    Jac
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 678
    Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:01 am
  • Would have been happier with Marino at #3
    Ray74
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:36 am


Re: What If: Elway in Seattle
Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:09 am
  • Ray74 wrote:Would have been happier with Marino at #3


    Whether or not we'd have won a Super Bowl during his tenure, at the very least we'd have traded a Hall of Fame quarterback for Dave Krieg, Gale Gilbert, Bruce Mathison, Jeff Kemp, Kelly Stouffer, Stan Gelbaugh, Dan McGwire, Rick Mirer, John Friesz, Jon Kitna, and Warren Moon in the twilight of his career.

    That might have made a wee difference.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    User avatar
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 18377
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: The beautiful PNW


Next


It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information