What If: Elway in Seattle

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm watching the new 30 For 30, "Elway to Marino", and at one point they talk about how close Seattle was to trading with Baltimore for the #1 pick and taking Elway. Elway even comments how he would've enjoyed playing in Seattle. So, imagine this really happened. Tell us what you think would've happened with the team and the NFL.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Wow I never heard that before. I knew we were closing to signing Warren Moon before he went to Houston, but Elway? Wow!

drdiags

Reaction score
Elway/Seahawks may have actually won Superbowls earlier in his career when the Seahawks defense was still stout. QB was the most fluid position for the Seahawks. Krieg's junk yard dog demeanor won a few games but his soap dish and erratic play cost the team in games as well. Elway in 83 on the Seahawks, maybe Denver wins instead of Seattle or Miami. But 85 and beyond, with a still effective Largent, Warner return and JL Williams and others, sure would have loved to see that squad.

Man, what a thought.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
drdiags":kid2i2xb said:
Elway/Seahawks may have actually won Superbowls earlier in his career when the Seahawks defense was still stout. QB was the most fluid position for the Seahawks. Krieg's junk yard dog demeanor won a few games but his soap dish and erratic play cost the team in games as well. Elway in 83 on the Seahawks, maybe Denver wins instead of Seattle or Miami. But 85 and beyond, with a still effective Largent, Warner return and JL Williams and others, sure would have loved to see that squad.

Man, what a thought.
Seattle wouldn't have had Warner if they made the trade for Elway.

themunn

Reaction score
he'd still only be the 2nd best QB in Seahawks history after Russell Wilson

drdiags

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3w0wfs16 said:
Seattle wouldn't have had Warner if they made the trade for Elway.

Yeah, I just realized that watching the show and remembering Warner went #3 overall.

The Radish

Reaction score
Beeker49":dddvb5j1 said:
Um, same results? No SB wins? *awaits hammering*

I have to agree with this. Mr. Ed was such an arrogant SOB I doubt the team would have played for him.

And Chuck Knox????? well just think about it.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Funny how one player could've changed an entire franchise.

Radish could be right.

Or, the team could've played to Elway's strengths and brought a winning culture to the team. It could turn a franchise that has been borderline irrelavent outside of the PNW to a team with a nationwide fan base and storied (if shorter) winning history.

Lots of possibilities.

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1kyk4ldz said:
Beeker49":1kyk4ldz said:

Go post this crap in the shack.

I second this thought. I thought it was pretty clear that smack is okay, just keep it in the Shack. There is a bathroom for a purpose, you don't come into someone's house and just take a dump in the living room. Or do you?

You may not be a bad guy Beeker but was the shot necessary? I guess a wolf just cannot hide its intentions. Smack shack my good man, smack shack.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1pk9s0y8 said:
Beeker49":1pk9s0y8 said:

The way it's stated is obviously asking for it, that being said there are ownership and FO reasons more than QB reasons that kept Seattle from winning championships so it's not entirely off base to assume that Elway wouldn't have been able to overcome them.

That being said Elway is a top-5 all time great QB. So who knows? we had to sit through mirer, mcgwire, etc.

The Radish

Reaction score
drdiags":2z9hl7g1 said:
RolandDeschain":2z9hl7g1 said:
Beeker49":2z9hl7g1 said:

I second this thought. I thought it was pretty clear that smack is okay, just keep it in the Shack. There is a bathroom for a purpose, you don't come into someone's house and just take a dump in the living room. Or do you?

You may not be a bad guy Beeker but was the shot necessary? I guess a wolf just cannot hide its intentions. Smack shack my good man, smack shack.

I think you're all out of line. A question was posed and he gave his opinion like the rest of you did. Its not really smack. He & I were dumb enough to think that everyone's opinion counts the same here.

I pretty much said the same thing just a few posts above and no one got their pantys in a twist. I think that Mr. Ed ran the team in Denver, (notice they feel off the face of the earth after he retired), and he never would have gotten that same coach cooperation here.

Appears to me what is happening here is some of you will tolerate a Ninnir fan as long as he says something you don't agree with or can't logically argue with then cry foul. Lets all grow up.

Mommy-mommy, the man hurted my eyes, please kick him out.

:141847_bnono:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Radish":9d5pdd5e said:
Lets all grow up.

It's not so much what he said, it's how he said it. It's a clear trolling/baiting post, and you guys regularly move threads to the shack for the same thing.

I guess Radish has a new BFF that isn't a Seahawks fan. ;)

drdiags

Reaction score
The Radish":gli3exym said:
I think you're all out of line. A question was posed and he gave his opinion like the rest of you did. Its not really smack. He & I were dumb enough to think that everyone's opinion counts the same here.

I pretty much said the same thing just a few posts above and no one got their pantys in a twist. I think that Mr. Ed ran the team in Denver, (notice they feel off the face of the earth after he retired), and he never would have gotten that same coach cooperation here.

Appears to me what is happening here is some of you will tolerate a Ninnir fan as long as he says something you don't agree with or can't logically argue with then cry foul. Lets all grow up.

Mommy-mommy, the man hurted my eyes, please kick him out.

I understand tolerance but I understand snarky as well. This was something that could have just been passed on. Let's also cut down on the childish references Les. I would not disrespect you as a man. Please return the favor. Carry on my good man. Understood your point. Understand mine please. I don't expect flowers but some decorum is expected.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Lets not turn into EXTREMEFORESKINS over here where we lose our S every time we read something we don't like.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1sughqap said:
Lets not turn into EXTREMEFORESKINS over here where we lose our S every time we read something we don't like.

Is that what happened? I think it is setting clear boundaries to clear any confusion going forward. You may think otherwise but if you don't know what the ground rules are whose fault is that?

The Radish

Reaction score
Everyone step back a bit please. James you are one of our most valuable members and I'm sorry this came up in this way. Same with you Roland.

Please be aware the moderator board has had long conversations wanting to find some closure in our supposed battle with ninnir fans. The reason its been so quiet is we stopped allowing new member from there way last winter!

We decided since its not during the season and lots of people from various teams are interested in talking draft it would be a good time to try and start over.

When Beeker applied for membership he and I exchanged several frank emails about what he could expect and what he could do himself. We've been reading his posts and he seems to be working pretty hard on getting along. He can't be all bad when he told me something about the Ray-Duh fans. I mentioned we knew about them cause we used to be in the AFC. He said "you can change divisions but you can't change geography". lol How can you not like that?

So will we have fits and starts? Sure. But the first one is for all of us to not be quite so thin skinned. I don't think he meant it as snarky. Maybe because as I've stated twice I agree with him. I just worded my reasons.

So sorry if I browned some ears. I hope you all know that my interest here is the site. And the site isn't complete unless we can have some conversations with our biggest division rival.

If they get out of line, they're gone. I don't know if any of you know that we warn fans of all other teams that we do not allow smack talk on our main forums. But that has to be by both sides. And there has to be some allowances for what each of us call smack.

I know sometimes some of you don't believe this but I always have your back. Well except I try to not get behind pehawk cause it seems to me he backs up. lol

Latest posts