2012 Year of Eating Crow

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
2012 Year of Eating Crow
Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 am
  • What a monster coaster ride last year was.

I wanted to run PC out of town when he named RW the QB.

It looked like Lynch was on his way out with the run in with the law and we seemed to be filling the locker room with a bunch of troubled cast off players. (Old locker room killer TO, seriously) Then to top it off, we draft Irvin, another potential problem player in the first round.

I am totally amazed at how this team came together so fast. I was expecting a return to the 80's there for awhile.

PC, RW and Lynch made me eat serious crow last year.

I hesitate to even say that this is likely Lynch's fall off year but with Turbin waiting in the wing, I'm not all that concerned. RW and the Hulk could become one of the best QB/RB duo's ever.
    sprhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: 2012 Year of Eating Crow
Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:19 am
  • what
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:21 am
  • HawksFTW wrote:what

Color me confused as well. I didn't really have that many questions about our team this past season. I was more concerned with whether or not Flynn would be able to step up and be the starter we'd hoped he could be. Turns out that didn't really matter because Wilson IS our QB.
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:31 am
  • Kudos for owning up to it, and welcome to .NET! Don't let the grumpy old men scare you away.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:34 am
  • GET OFF MY LAWN!! :les:

Whippersnappers....
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 am
  • RockHawk wrote:Kudos for owning up to it, and welcome to .NET! Don't let the grumpy old men scare you away.

I may or may not be old, but who can be grumpy with a team like we have right now? :th2thumbs:

As for the OP, definitely welcome, and don't take my post as being "an old grump" it wasn't meant as such. Just wanted to point out that my questions for the previous season were different from yours. I was of the mindset that if our qb was successful, that we'd have a good season. I had no thoughts of regressing to have some bad years due to the players we were bringing in, as long as the qb worked out for us. Of course I had the thought that Flynn would be no worse than an average solid qb for us. Then Russell Wilson Happened and the rest is history.

It's always interesting to see differing points of view on the team from other fans, none of them are necessarily wrong or right, and without those differences, boards like this would be EXTREMELY boring.
    :les:

kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:47 am
  • The only thing I feared for last year was my sanity, this year I have nothing to lose :D
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:55 am
  • Can't say I had the same lack of faith in the team last off season. I was hoping Russ would win the job since we had drafted him and was pretty sure our leadership was strong enough that a few "team killers" couldn't effect us. Also started liking the Irvin pick more and more once I learned more about him.

Glad you have a better outlook on the team this off season. It's gonna be a fun ride, probably for the next few years if not longer.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:58 am
  • RockHawk wrote:Kudos for owning up to it, and welcome to .NET! Don't let the grumpy old men scare you away.

That wasn't grumpiness, that was incredulousness. I don't know anyone that shared those concerns, at least not publicly. For someone to be "totally amazed at how this team came together so fast" based on last year, they obviously hadn't been paying attention. This team was a good QB away from being playoff bound in 2011. All the nonsense about Lynch being on the way out, or the team "filling the locker room" with locker room killers and troubled cast offs? That is BS plain and simple, you know it, I know, anyone that actually follows the team knows it.

It is just amazing to me that people actually have this level of disconnect concerning PC/JS plan here in Seattle, especially after all they have done to turn the team into what it is today. It didn't happen overnight, and it certainly wasn't all concocted last year.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:05 am
  • I am more worried about the expectations for this team.. much like the 2004 team that had a few tough losses early then were ravaged by injuries on defense

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:55 pm
  • I have been eating crow for years as a Seahawks fan. 2013 and 2005 were the only years I can remember that I didn't have to. There were a couple of years in the 2000's that were pretty decent as well but it's been all caviar and truffles for me lately.
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:04 pm
  • oh jesus can, that new avatar made me spit my beer all over my keyboard. It looks like a mix of mel kiper, that dbag steelers kicker hauschka beat out, and nicholas cage.
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm
  • Pete and John proved a bunch of us wrong. I doubt you'll find anyone on here who agreed with every move they made.

We're all eating at least a little crow over last year.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:30 am
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:Kudos for owning up to it, and welcome to .NET! Don't let the grumpy old men scare you away.

That wasn't grumpiness, that was incredulousness. I don't know anyone that shared those concerns, at least not publicly.

It's in you sig. Don't forget about that..you MUST help keep it alive, just as I'm pimping Darren Fells!

"Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all (CBoom, 2012)."

:D :D :D :D LMAO, Cboom! You will NEVER live that down (I promise) ! :P
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 am
  • People should be banned for typing "eating crow" on this forum. Think of a new phrase people! :229031_banghead:
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:05 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information