Kam contract extension - 2:00 Press conference

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • most important take-away -

Chancellor's cap numbers (this year obviously doesn't matter much)

2014 - 5.75
    2015 - 5.55
    2016 - 6.1
    2017 - 8.1

Not bad really for the first 3 years. Note that the first 3 is almost in line with his 17m guaranteed money. He will be restructured before the big hit in 2017.

Smart money by the FO again.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• That 2017 cap number is going to make me a little nervous during the offseason after the 2016 season. He might get cut or traded at that point. I hate "final year balloons" in contracts.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Yes, but also the contract is guaranteed for injury, and becomes fully guaranteed only if he's on the roster 5 days after the Super Bowl.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• So, it's a $5.5-6 million average for the years of the deal he's likely to get paid on. Seems like it's right around where most had him pegged at before the extension was signed. Good deal, and the injury-only guaranty gives them outs for underperformance. This is why you wait until the deal structure comes out before passing judgment.

Clayton is so unreliable for everything.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:That 2017 cap number is going to make me a little nervous during the offseason after the 2016 season. He might get cut or traded at that point. I hate "final year balloons" in contracts.

That number will never come into play; by then he will have all of his guaranteed money.

He can be traded, released, or renegotiated.

In fact by the time that number even come sup, Kam himself will want to renegotiate it to a lower number in order to get more guaranteed money and/or years.

That number is 0 concern.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information