Kam contract extension - 2:00 Press conference

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Holy crap...my comment was just meant to be tongue in cheek, but I would love to be a prophet in this instance.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Kam extenstion makes sense, but do we usually hold a press conference to announce an extension? That seems a bit out of the ordinary.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
it's only a big deal because our FO has a plan in place to re-sign a lot of our guys and this is the official kick-off of the next few offseasons of smart decisions and making the money work.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
kidhawk":uespr960 said:
The Kam extenstion makes sense, but do we usually hold a press conference to announce an extension? That seems a bit out of the ordinary.

I think it would be appropriate...from a 5th round pick to a pro bowler in a few short years and now universally feared as the game's hardest hitting safety. That's the kind of success story a team loves to draw attention to. Other players and future draft picks will take notice too. Work hard and play well and your draft status will not hold you back in Seattle.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":or5lntm2 said:
kidhawk":or5lntm2 said:

I think it would be appropriate...from a 5th round pick to a pro bowler in a few short years and now universally feared as the game's hardest hitting safety. That's the kind of success story a team loves to draw attention to. Other players and future draft picks will take notice too. Work hard and play well and your draft status will not hold you back in Seattle.

I don't have a problem with it, if that's what it is, just don't recall it being something John and Pete have done much of in the past. I know we announced both the Lynch and Big Red extensions last offseason and were much anticipated here, but I don't recall there being public press conferences for them. Of course I don't follow the off season pressers as dutifully as I do the regular season ones, so I may have just missed them.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Vernon Davis will need some new shorts once he gets wind of Kamtrack's new contract.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Wouldn't this just be an annual pre-draft presser? Obviously would love Kam news but don't want to get too excited here, even though I do have JS second on my special list just below Santa.

Seaswab

Reaction score
I hope he gave us a hometown discount and sets the tone for the rest of the guys that they should do the same to keep the team together.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seaswab":2hu37pn2 said:
I hope he gave us a hometown discount and sets the tone for the rest of the guys that they should do the same to keep the team together.

I find it odd that fans always think things like this. Am I going to take less money than I'm worth because the company I'm working for gave me my first job? So why do we think athletes should?