Sea vs Min

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Alright, talked the wife into heading out to Seattle Nov 17th for the game against the Vikings (she's a MN fan). It fulfills a couple of things, our first ever live NFL game, a promise I made that the Vikings would be the first team we'd go see, and my desire to see Seattle play at home. So, I have some questions:

1. About when should I be able to get tickets for that game.
2. Some good hotels around the area
3. Since we are flying in Saturday some cool sights to see (besides the Space Needle as that is a given)
4. If possible being able to hook up with some fellow .Net folk before/during the game would be pretty sweet as well

I'm really stoked about this as I may be able to talk her into alternating between games in Seattle and MN or just Seattle :twisted:

tooshort

Reaction score
1. Face it, unless you get them from a .net member you'll be paying way more than face value as the 5000 single game tickets that aren't available for season ticket holders will go in under 5 minutes when released. Stubhub and NFLticket exchange went live for "scalped" single games as soon as the schedule came out.

2. If you want the full Seattle experience and have a few $$$ to blow definitely stay at the Edgewater or the Waterfront Marriott

3. Take a round trip on the Bainbridge ferry. If the weathers good you'll be treated to epic views of the City and the surrounding area.

4. Go to Temple Billiards..meet many .net folk...

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
tooshort":2gxhec1o said:
1. Face it, unless you get them from a .net member you'll be paying way more than face value as the 5000 single game tickets that aren't available for season ticket holders will go in under 5 minutes when released. Stubhub and NFLticket exchange went live for "scalped" single games as soon as the schedule came out.

2. If you want the full Seattle experience and have a few $$$ to blow definitely stay at the Edgewater or the Waterfront Marriott

3. Take a round trip on the Bainbridge ferry. If the weathers good you'll be treated to epic views of the City and the surrounding area.

Thanks for the info, but two questions; if some of the tickets are already being sold via stubhub and such, then why does the Seattle FO wait until mid July for single season tickets through ticketmaster? Wouldn't that be a better way to go?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If you're into it at all the boeing museum of flight is pretty cool for something to do on a saturday.

sutz

Reaction score
OkieHawk":17ymjcuq said:
tooshort":17ymjcuq said:

Thanks for the info, but two questions; if some of the tickets are already being sold via stubhub and such, then why does the Seattle FO wait until mid July for single season tickets through ticketmaster? Wouldn't that be a better way to go?
Maybe from our perspective, but they're still hawking season tickets until then.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1n0y552r said:
tooshort":1n0y552r said:

The tickets on StubHub are "season ticket holders". If you are going to Seattle esepcially for the game, then just make it the game a good experience. I would recommend looking at StubHub so that you can pick the seat you want in a calm manner, ask questions on here about different sections, look at the view from the seat, etc. and just acknowledge you are paying a premium for that.

If you go the TicketMaster route in August, it will be a mad scramble of trying to purchase tickets in a 2 minute window and not having any choice of the matter.

If you are making a big trip out of it, then spend a bit more cash to get the seat you want instead of buying the last row of the stadium and not enjoying it as much.

Depending when you arrive in Seattle, a good experience is the stadium tour. I am not sure if they have changed, but they didn't do it on Saturdays before games. NM - see you are arriving on Saturday.

Try and stay in a hotel in an area that you can walk to and from the game. It will make the experience a lot more enjoyable not having to worry about parking, taxi, car ride, etc.

Tical21

Reaction score
I do still recommend checking out EMP (Experience Music Project). Some people aren't huge fans of it, but I always enjoy myself there, and not too far from the space needle. Pretty cool Jimi Hendrix exhibit, and a fun interactive room to play instruments and such. If it is nice out, I would recommend going down to the water front. Probably have to do Pike Place Market and watch them throw the fish. If you like music, Jazz Alley is a nice spot for dinner and drinks.

Make sure your wife doesn't wear any Vikings gear.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the great information everyone. Bought the tickets, got section 229 T for $163 a ticket, which isn't too bad. We'll get into Seattle early afternoon that Saturday so we can do some sight seeing. Pretty dang excited about this whole ordeal.

sutz

Reaction score
Good job,Okie! Especially locking the tix in so she can't change her mind between now and then. ;)

An afternoon ain't much time to see the sights, but have fun!

Oh, and the pre-funk at Temple is not to be missed. Walking distance to the North Gate and a traditional gathering spot for dot netters.

seahawks875

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1svumw8r said:
Thanks for the great information everyone. Bought the tickets, got section 229 T for $163 a ticket, which isn't too bad. We'll get into Seattle early afternoon that Saturday so we can do some sight seeing. Pretty dang excited about this whole ordeal.
Nice, and if you're ever looking to go to another game, I recommend looking on eBay, I've gotten some sweet deals on there, last year I got club tickets (section 210) to the jets game for $175 a ticket

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1jkon6yi said:
Good job,Okie! Especially locking the tix in so she can't change her mind between now and then. ;)

An afternoon ain't much time to see the sights, but have fun!

Oh, and the pre-funk at Temple is not to be missed. Walking distance to the North Gate and a traditional gathering spot for dot netters.

We are definitely hitting Temple, can't pass up the opportunity to see some fellow .Net brethren.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
OkieHawk":30teedkp said:
Alright, talked the wife into heading out to Seattle Nov 17th for the game against the Vikings (she's a MN fan). It fulfills a couple of things, our first ever live NFL game, a promise I made that the Vikings would be the first team we'd go see, and my desire to see Seattle play at home. So, I have some questions:

1. About when should I be able to get tickets for that game.
2. Some good hotels around the area
3. Since we are flying in Saturday some cool sights to see (besides the Space Needle as that is a given)
4. If possible being able to hook up with some fellow .Net folk before/during the game would be pretty sweet as well

I'm really stoked about this as I may be able to talk her into alternating between games in Seattle and MN or just Seattle :twisted:

1) Single game tickets avail in august, but honestly it'll all be sold out, so unless you have a friend who is a season ticket holder who can try and reserve you some, not gonna happen. So in that case they are available even now on stubhub. And will be available on Craigslist, EBay and Stubhub by August
2) You willing to walk? getting a rental car? only coming for the game? want be to downtown?
3) Downtown seattle/pike Place, Pioneer Square (which is right next to Clink). Fremont. Museum of Flight/Boeing.
4) I tend to get Dim Sum in Chinatown before the games you're more than welcome to join.

RampagingMice

Reaction score
The girlfriend (Vikes fan) and I were up last year for the game, and are heading back this year as well! I scheduled a shuttle from the airport to the Fairmont Olympic, and we basically hoofed it around Seattle. The walk to the stadium was almost nil and the hotel was perfect. Our tickets in 2012 were just behind the Vikes bench, and now my girlfriend's prized photo is a picture of Kyle Rudolph's butt. Great.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RampagingMice":np20ddrv said:
The girlfriend (Vikes fan) and I were up last year for the game, and are heading back this year as well! I scheduled a shuttle from the airport to the Fairmont Olympic, and we basically hoofed it around Seattle. The walk to the stadium was almost nil and the hotel was perfect. Our tickets in 2012 were just behind the Vikes bench, and now my girlfriend's prized photo is a picture of Kyle Rudolph's butt. Great.

Are you going to the MN game as well then? We are staying at the Edgewater and plan on doing a walking tour, possibly a ferry ride too.

RampagingMice

Reaction score
OkieHawk":28yd2ge8 said:
Are you going to the MN game as well then? We are staying at the Edgewater and plan on doing a walking tour, possibly a ferry ride too.

Yessir! Going to be myself, plus 2 Viking fans and Saints fan. Odd collection. Not sure where we're staying yet, but hopefully someplace with a heated indoor pool and a stocked bar. I'm pretty sure we are hopping the Ferry as well, though I sure as hell don't know where it goes or if it requires me to bring my own cocktails. It just looks like a good time.

vonstout

Reaction score
I lived in Bellevue when I was a kid. When I took my wife there for a long weekend about 15 years ago, we went on the Seattle underground tour. I don't remember where it started, but it was a tour below street level and was very interesting.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
vonstout":zr3zf0cr said:
I lived in Bellevue when I was a kid. When I took my wife there for a long weekend about 15 years ago, we went on the Seattle underground tour. I don't remember where it started, but it was a tour below street level and was very interesting.

That sounds like something we would enjoy as well vonstout, thanks! Me and the wife have come to the conclusion that we will have to come to Seattle for a longer visit another time to do some good sight seeing. We've only been to Seattle once before to visit some of her family in Kirkland and never got to do the touristy stuff.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Highly recommended Museum of flight, EMP (right next to space needle), Safeco Field and C-link stadium tours.