Player you are rooting for....

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Player you are rooting for....
Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:21 am
  • I have several, but one in particular I am rooting hard for.

James Carpenter.

We could use this guy up front in a big way. He is a strong mofo and could allow us to use McQ as a serviceable backup all across the line.

He hasn't had a year yet that was injury free and I hope this is it.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Player you are rooting for....
Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:30 am
  • I just had a dream we drafted a guard in the first round. *facepalm*

That said, I'm rooting for clem to make a full recovery. Avril can't defend the run.
    oasis
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:52 am
  • oasis wrote:I just had a dream we drafted a guard in the first round. *facepalm*

That said, I'm rooting for clem to make a full recovery. Avril can't defend the run.

Teams aren't going to run against us next year when we are scoring with every possession
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:57 am
  • Funny you had a dream we drafted a guard w/ our non-existent first round pick...
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:02 am
  • Bobby Wagner he was amazing last year especially as a rookie, and I know he took one of the last two plays against ATL very personally.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:12 am
  • I would love for Carpenter to pan out too. Would be nice if that 1st rounder turned into something useful.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:16 am
  • gspin2k1 wrote:Bobby Wagner he was amazing last year especially as a rookie, and I know he took one of the last two plays against ATL very personally.

I don't blame Wagner at all. I know he probably feels bad and takes it personally, but seriously that was all on Bradley.

You do not match up a rookie linebacker 1-on-1 with the greatest TE of all time during the most critical time of the game (not to mention a TE who is 5 inches taller than said linebacker). I don't blame Wagner at all for not being able to execute on that play. He was put in a failure of a situation from even before the ball was snapped.

With that said, I do hope he takes the next step and gets better too. I hope he will learn to be in the right position better, read defenses better, and take that next step to becoming an elite MLB.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:17 am
  • Hoping Golden Tate has another solid year, I like him on this team. I don't see him having a huge year since we have 4 pretty good receivers but if he can be as productive as he was last year and make plays like he did then I would be happy with that.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:22 am
  • They'll be wearing a Seahawks uniform :mrgreen: ;)
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:27 am
  • I really hope Chop Chop can excel this year. I see so much potential in him.
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:34 am
  • I'm going to be pulling for my AAR, who ever thats going to be.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:36 am
  • Darren Fells. :th2thumbs:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:52 am
  • Bruce Irvin, I really hope he excels in a full time role. I hope Clemons comes back strong too, I cant wait to see those 2 and Cliff Avril and Bennett together
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:04 am
  • T-Sizzle wrote:Darren Fells. :th2thumbs:

Good one. If this guy pans out as a TE good enough to make the final roster, then I am truly in awe of John Schneider's eye for football ability, and he would have to be the shoo-in for GM of the year.
    February 2, 2014: The day Seahawks win their second Lombardi trophy
    (The first one is located back east somewhere.)
    Ruminator
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:08 am
  • I'm with the OP on Carpenter and of course my boy Thurmond 3. I think both can be really really good, even pro bowl potential if they can just stay healthy.

Also JR Sweezy. I was pretty down on him last year. I realize he has the potential, I just didnt think he was very good on the field especially in pass protection. Hopefully he can take a few more steps this year and solidify his spot for several years. The attitute and potential are there, he just has to put it all together.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:10 am
  • Bennett; hope finds a solid role.

With the Dline chemistry can be such a factor to individual results.

So Bennett's coming back to the Hawks and may he become a staple there.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:11 am
  • Toomer @ wlb.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:12 am
  • I'm also on the Darren Fells bandwagon. The guy is too big to fail.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:43 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I have several, but one in particular I am rooting hard for.

James Carpenter.

We could use this guy up front in a big way. He is a strong mofo and could allow us to use McQ as a serviceable backup all across the line.

He hasn't had a year yet that was injury free and I hope this is it.

Ya'll still have Paul McQuistan on the roster? If so, I'm pulling for him. We had his twin brother Pat on our roster for awhile last year I think it was. Either last year or the year before. :lol:
    :les: Image :les:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:02 am
  • JS just said the other day that Carp was the strongest guy on the team
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:07 am
  • Portis :)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:07 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Portis :)

He'll be the best damn clip board holder we've ever had.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 am
  • He makes the team as the back up, i'm getting a custom made jersey for Portis.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:45 am
  • themunn wrote:
    oasis wrote:I just had a dream we drafted a guard in the first round. *facepalm*

Teams aren't going to run against us next year when we are scoring with every possession

Gotta get onto the field in order to get possession.
    oasis
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:51 am
  • Another vote for Irvin. And I don't even need him to do anything until the playoffs. Needs to be big in the playoffs, period.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:04 pm
  • Sweezy Todd of course. I want to see all that potential come to fruition. Also pulling for Carpenter.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
  • My vote goes to Red, hopefully he can return to his old form, if not he's got to go. If i had a second choice it would be Jaye Howard, would be nice to see him contribute this year.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:26 pm
  • Russel Wilson. I get it that to most of us it is a foregone conclusion that he will be a pro bowler and league mvp while leading us to the superb owl. I just want him to continue to progress and lead this team to realizing it's potential.
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:43 pm
  • Thurm
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "We got grit. That's it."
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    Rocket
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:17 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I'm with the OP on Carpenter and of course my boy Thurmond 3. I think both can be really really good, even pro bowl potential if they can just stay healthy.

Also JR Sweezy. I was pretty down on him last year. I realize he has the potential, I just didnt think he was very good on the field especially in pass protection. Hopefully he can take a few more steps this year and solidify his spot for several years. The attitute and potential are there, he just has to put it all together.

I was just about to list the same three names.

Sweezy is one I'm rooting for based on his untapped upside.

Thurmond is one I'm rooting for because I want everyone else to see what I'm seeing in him.

Carpenter is one I'm rooting for because I never considered him a reach or a bad pick, and I think his upside at guard is pretty good if he stays healthy and in shape.

Portis and Irvin are two players I once loved that I have since become slightly disenchanted with, but they could win me back in a heartbeat if they step up their performances this year.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:23 pm
  • I have a bad feeling Carp is going to be like Tubbs. A difference maker when he's out there, but we'll only get to see a season or two of that when all is said and done. Thurmond I've already written off. Fantastic player, made of glass.

I'm rooting hard for Turbo, mainly because I worry about how long Lynch can do his awesome thing, and Turbin's ability to snag those short passes out of the backfield really interests me.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:25 pm
  • Jaye Howard....no doubt. Dan Quinn had him in Florida and is the one that recommended him to our scouts/staff. I want to see what he is all about.
    Bus035
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:42 pm
  • Thurmond - Dude is an incredible CB and would be the starter opposite Sherm, if only he could stay injury-free. Hopefully since his latest injury was just a hamstring and not a knee, that he'll be 100% and able to contribute this year.

Irvin - Still very raw, but showed his potential by picking up the most sacks of any rookie last year, despite playing only 43% of the snaps. Was exposed and a liability against ATL. We need him to take a big step forward this year. I'd hope he gets double digit sacks, and is much improved against the run this year.

Scruggs - Underrated and overlooked big man, with a cool background story. Also seems to be a fun-loving, genuine person, who loves interacting with fans. Hope he gets more playing time and excels in 2013.

Turbin - Heir apparent to Beast Mode. Hope he gets 800+ yards this year, but more importantly, finally gets into the endzone.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:57 pm
  • There are too many to name that get my vote. So I'm going to just say one on O and one on D.

On O it has to be Carpenter. If he can be healthy and solidify the left side as our starting LG then we basically pretty much can run at will just like the days of Jones and Hutch.

On D it has to be Irvin for me. He needs to step up and show that he can do more than rush the passer based on speed alone. He needs to be able to defend the run and show a strong set of moves to get past the tackle to the QB. If anything he must have seen for himself that his speed alone will not get it done on a consistent basis.

But you really have a lot of players you could name this year. What a journey this year is going to be for all of us!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:16 pm
  • Antoine Winfied. If we had Antione we would have gone to the NFC Championship.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:19 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:Antoine Winfied. If we had Antione we would have gone to and won the Superbowl.

FIFY.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 pm
  • SE174 wrote:
    Shock2k wrote:Antoine Winfied. If we had Antione we would have gone to and won the Superbowl.

FIFY.

My bad, thanks for the edit.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:17 pm
  • Stephen Williams! I want that guy to tear it up.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:19 pm
  • For my sleeper, I'll have to go with Darren Fells. He's kinda like the Jameson Konz project, only more durable with an even bigger frame. And at 280lbs, who's gonna jam him? The ball looks like it should have 'Titlelist' printed on the side when it's in his hand. I really hope he catches on.

Next I'll have to say all three of our DL FA signings. DL is the area giving me the most uncertainty and concern. To much of what we have been doing revolves around Big Red and I'm starting to question if he can last more than a few games without that plantar fasciitis flaring up.

Third's gonna hafta be Sweezy. He hasn't grasped recognition of blitzes and and exotic alignments enough to be relied upon in pass pro. Russell Wilson needs no rooting for. Keep him reasonably protected and he's going to make the leap..MONEY! That brings me back to Sweezy. He'd better show marked improvement in helping to keep Wilson upright, or the coaches need to pull the plug on that project.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:47 pm
  • smashmouth59 wrote:Russel Wilson. I get it that to most of us it is a foregone conclusion that he will be a pro bowler and league mvp while leading us to the superb owl. I just want him to continue to progress and lead this team to realizing it's potential.

You stole my thunder! But me too. There are several reasons I'll be rooting for him;

1. I don't want last year's naysayers to point at him and say one year wonder.
    2. I don't expect it but I want him to blast through that sophomore slump thing.
    3. We want an elite QB for years to come and in order to do that RW has to continue his great progression.
    4. I just love the look on Harbaugh's face when he is getting his ass kicked by a 5'11" QB. That look is priceless.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:28 pm
  • I am such a homer. I root for the UDFA's and the camp fodder. I love all Seahawks.

That said, I am really pulling for:
    1) Carpenter - He is a season changer
    2) Rice - He is a season changer.
    3) Wilson - Meet expectations. (and they are effing high)
    4) Moffit - I love this dude. It is an irrational fascination.
    5) Red - Get a couple gimme sacks. Dominate. Stay Healthy. Season changer.
    6) Turbin - Be what you are. He is so talented. Use it. Stay healthy.
    7) Avril - Finish. Use both sides of the line of scrimmage. Hold up till Clem takes over.
    8) Bennett - Give us a reason to go back to a 4-3 over.
    9) Sherman - Stay grounded, yet kick ass. Be what you are (greatness)
    10) Mike Rob - Never leave Seattle. Find your Mack Strong. Seattle loves your ass.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 am
  • 1. Russell Wilson - Keep developing a better understanding of the playbook and get more comfortable in the pocket. His biggest weakness was making good quick throws from the pocket last year. If that improves, he's unstoppable.
    2. J.R. Sweezy - The athletic upside this kid has is amazing. He's, by far, the most athletic interior lineman we have. If he starts to put his game together mentally and develops solid technique, he'll be a pro bowler for years to come.
    3. Russelll Okung - Stay Healthy. He's one of the best left tackles in the league when he's healthy.
    4. Breno Giocamini - Stay focused and disciplined. One of the best right tackles in the league when he plays disciplined.
    5. Bruce Irvin - If he takes to coaching and learns how to make better use of all the tools he has, he should be a monster pass rusher this year. If he's still one dimensional, his coachability is going to be a concern.
    6. Michael Bennett - I loved him before he was stolen away from our practice squad and I thought he should've been put on our 53 for that reason. Welcome back and make your presence known.
    7. Miller, Rice and Harvin - If they stay healthy, Wilson will give them the opportunity to break records.
    8. Last, but not least... ROOKIES!!! If PC and JS bring you on board, it's because you have the ability to make a major impact in the NFL and compete for a starting spot. Believe that and show the other 31 teams in the NFL what they passed on in the 1st round.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:57 am
  • Looking forward to seeing Sherman get 10 interceptions, a couple of touchdowns and talk a whole lot of trash in process. :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:32 am
  • I have a feeling Fells will lead to miller moving on (due to cap number)
    bigcc
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information