Schedule on NFL.com Seahawks @ Panthers Week 1

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • 60niners wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:lol late season short week for our game at San Fran. Guess they had to stack the deck after that last head to head.

    I'm sure you already know this, but SF had that exact deck stacked against them last year. Cross-country to play Pats on Sunday night, and then to Seattle the next week. Might not be a short week, but that might be the most brutal two road games a team can have in a row.

    Now I'm starting to see the value of having 49ers fans posting in our forums. You're here to set the record straight (even though you're sure this is already known... you'd better go ahead and make sure we have that from you to mull over.) None of us are privy to other teams schedules and had no idea your team had to travel east as the Seahawks did to Toronto. I think we're onto something here. That distance the Seahawks had to travel was the cutoff. Go any farther and you're going to get a 40-burger dropped on you the next week.
    Again, you completely miss the point of a Seahawks fan (this time Lady Talon) who was merely commenting that it's interesting to see the NFL schedule SEA @ SF on a short week with that glorious SNF still fresh in the minds of the world who witnessed all the talk being settled on the field between the two teams. Her point was that short weeks are short weeks. NFL commentators bring it up as a factor. So, if anything, it is merely mentioned as a potential disadvantage as we (Seahawks fans, not you) look toward our teams schedule. She wasn't making an excuse. None needed. It was merely an observation. Observations don't necessitate rival fans chiming in incessantly whenever you feel your teams' perceived superiority could come into question. Your argument really has nothing to do with a short week as you said.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • mikeak wrote:From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

    2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
    TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
    San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
    Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
    Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
    Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
    San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
    Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154

    Thanks for posting this.

    Interesting data and that Sando brings it up, must be at least worth making an observation. SD didn't do too bad, but they are still searching for their first Super Bowl win as well. I think the media blows it out of proportion and they are the ones who tend to use it as an excuse. So, when fans discuss this potential "factor" - really any mere mentioning of it - fans are whining? Come on, Seahawks fans. If you see good teams like Seattle (@Atlanta) and then SF (@Atlanta) look like they're asleep in the first half - uncharacteristically - in addition to numbers like this... is it really necessary to insult other fans who acknowledge there could be something to this? Of course these guys are professsionals and no excuses are being made. But, are we going to call Pete Carroll a whiner? After all, he said after the Atlanta loss that we need to get a home game. Shouldn't the team be "good enough" to win no matter what various factors exist? It's not whining. It's an observation. If there's nothing at all to these factors, then those playing the game either wouldn't be mentioning it... or Pete Carroll is a whiner like the fans you are labeling. I see nothing embarrassing about a discussion about it. It's there. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away. Winning 10am start games on the road helps. I don't think with the team the Seahawks are that any of us truly fear playing at 10am. Just interesting what the schedule makers have done and seems like most fans making note of this are merely acknowledging a potential factor as we hope and trust we'll see the Seahawks get off to equally fast starts whether it's 10am on the road or a perfect setting home game.

    Go Hawks
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • Other teams are forced to play at the CLink...I'll take my 10am starts knowing we have the Ace card at home. Good teams win whenever/wherever they are to play. You make your adjustments and roll with it. You can't complain...once a team starts doing that, then it manifests into a loss. If you can't change it...embrace it. Adversity makes a team stronger. And the biggest adversity I see is the game at SF following the Monday Nighter. At least that Monday game is at home (where West coast teams get the "luxury" of the game ending at 9ish and not 12am-ish) then our shortest road trip possible. (Man...I sound like Russell Wilson right now! haha)

    Go Hawks!
    Image
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    User avatar
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1136
    Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am
    Location: Spanaway, WA


  • Good grief, you'd think this is 2004 given all the whining about the 10am games. Yeah, it's not perfect, but they should be good enough to deal with it. If 10am games put that much of a dent into our performance, we aren't as good as we were expecting
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8798
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • pehawk wrote:STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.


    AGREED! Let's stop the built in excuses. This club will be ready to kick arse no matter where and what time! If we really are a super bowl calibur team than this doesn't matter. It will only make the Seahawks stronger.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2427
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.


    AGREED! Let's stop the built in excuses. This club will be ready to kick arse no matter where and what time! If we really are a super bowl calibur team than this doesn't matter. It will only make the Seahawks stronger.

    :|
    Ok, "Give me an S..... , Give me an E.... "
    Again, fellow Seahawks fans. Please see the point that there's a difference between acknowledging a possible factor that Sando even brings up vs. labeling your fellow fans "whiners". I doubt there's any Hawks fan who thinks this team is in trouble in any game. That's not the point of the matter.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • hawksfanohio wrote:
    mikeak wrote:From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

    2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
    TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
    San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
    Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
    Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
    Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
    San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
    Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154


    Hmmm.... I wonder how these stats compare to west coast teams traveling east to play at 1 p.m. pacific?


    That is column two the one that says later - that is anything but 10am games so throws in MNF etc.

    For the poster that said that SD did good. Yes BUT look at their record in the other group. they went 12-11 early games and 16-9 in later games. Once again a clear trend of doing better in the afternoon / night games on the east coast

    This is five years of data - you can choose to ignore it or think the Seahawks are above it but it is a negative to the west coast teams. It is a shame for any west coast team and I am mainly ignored that Goodell said "The league is working on scheduling more East Coast games involving West Coast teams in late-afternoon slots to avoid what amounts to a 10 a.m. kickoff for the western teams."

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85396 ... p-pro-bowl
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3503
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:
    pehawk wrote:STOP THE 10AM WHINING!! This aint Holmgren's Hawks...and this is Wilson's 2nd year. RELAX...it's PERFECT.


    AGREED! Let's stop the built in excuses. This club will be ready to kick arse no matter where and what time! If we really are a super bowl calibur team than this doesn't matter. It will only make the Seahawks stronger.

    :|
    Ok, "Give me an S..... , Give me an E.... "
    Again, fellow Seahawks fans. Please see the point that there's a difference between acknowledging a possible factor that Sando even brings up vs. labeling your fellow fans "whiners". I doubt there's any Hawks fan who thinks this team is in trouble in any game. That's not the point of the matter.


    According to that chart, the Hawks have a better winning percentage in 10 AM starts than later starts. Just saying.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11269
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • It's all about what time you go to bed. As you get enough rest, you're good to go.
    Image
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

    Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6715
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


  • seabowl wrote:
    Axx wrote:Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

    "100 yards is 100 yards" ~ Some dude


    Why not see for yourself. If you normally wake up at 7am then try and wake up at 5am and see how you perform at work. Oh and by the way why not fly some 1500 miles a couple days before and if I forgot to mention have 50k+ fans watching you work and also have it televised. 100 yards is 100 yards but it can seem like 1000 when you are jet lagged and haven't gotten enough sleep.


    You do realize that PC and staff plan for this by leaving a day early to get acclimated to the time. I guarantee you PC doesn't blame the losses on the early start.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2427
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    It is a 1 pm start for the players


    For the Panthers players? Yeah...


    I think you're a little confused about how time works...


    I think you're a little confused as to how sarcasm works...
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15454
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • mikeak wrote:
    hawksfanohio wrote:
    mikeak wrote:From a Sando post last year. Clear trend

    2005-2010 Road Records: West Coast Teams
    TEAM 10 A.M. PT LATER TOTALS
    San Francisco 49ers 6-27 6-9 12-36
    Oakland Raiders 9-21 4-14 13-35
    Arizona Cardinals 8-19 8-13 16-32
    Seattle Seahawks 10-16 7-15 17-31
    San Diego Chargers 12-11 16-9 28-20
    Totals 45-94 41-60 86-154


    Hmmm.... I wonder how these stats compare to west coast teams traveling east to play at 1 p.m. pacific?


    That is column two the one that says later - that is anything but 10am games so throws in MNF etc.

    For the poster that said that SD did good. Yes BUT look at their record in the other group. they went 12-11 early games and 16-9 in later games. Once again a clear trend of doing better in the afternoon / night games on the east coast

    This is five years of data - you can choose to ignore it or think the Seahawks are above it but it is a negative to the west coast teams. It is a shame for any west coast team and I am mainly ignored that Goodell said "The league is working on scheduling more East Coast games involving West Coast teams in late-afternoon slots to avoid what amounts to a 10 a.m. kickoff for the western teams."

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85396 ... p-pro-bowl

    Ah, my mistake. Thanks for point that out. I did miss that. Again, excellent post and points.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • Scottemojo wrote:According to that chart, the Hawks have a better winning percentage in 10 AM starts than later starts. Just saying.

    Moneyball! :229031_cheers:
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 942
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


  • Well both of our schedules have their "yays" and "nays". I am happy to see that they decided to make things fair after last year and have our first matchup at your joint week 2 when it will be far too early to decide anything, and better yet BOTH our teams will/should be healthy.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    seabowl wrote:
    Axx wrote:Not sure why everyone is worried about playing at 10:00 AM.

    "100 yards is 100 yards" ~ Some dude


    Why not see for yourself. If you normally wake up at 7am then try and wake up at 5am and see how you perform at work. Oh and by the way why not fly some 1500 miles a couple days before and if I forgot to mention have 50k+ fans watching you work and also have it televised. 100 yards is 100 yards but it can seem like 1000 when you are jet lagged and haven't gotten enough sleep.


    You do realize that PC and staff plan for this by leaving a day early to get acclimated to the time. I guarantee you PC doesn't blame the losses on the early start.


    Do you have a link to this information? Last year it was discussed that they do not do anything different for East Coast travel days. This was discussed when many thought they should leave earlier for those games. Several of us also said they should have gone straight from DC to Atlanta.......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3503
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • NinerLifer wrote:Well both of our schedules have their "yays" and "nays". I am happy to see that they decided to make things fair after last year and have our first matchup at your joint week 2 when it will be far too early to decide anything, and better yet BOTH our teams will/should be healthy.

    Yeah but the problem for your guys is that by the time Seattle comes to the Twig late in the season they'll have the division all sewn up so there won't be anything to play for.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Oh wait, the Seahawks be gunning for HFA throughout the playoffs so I guess our team will still be dialed in.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image

    Proud member of the 38 club
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11871
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:Well both of our schedules have their "yays" and "nays". I am happy to see that they decided to make things fair after last year and have our first matchup at your joint week 2 when it will be far too early to decide anything, and better yet BOTH our teams will/should be healthy.

    Yeah but the problem for your guys is that by the time Seattle comes to the Twig late in the season they'll have the division all sewn up so there won't be anything to play for.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Oh wait, the Seahawks be gunning for HFA throughout the playoffs so I guess our team will still be dialed in.


    In all honesty, I don't see that scenario with your schedule. For the reasons that have already been complained about in this thread.
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm


  • the winner of our division, and probably any for that matter, will be the team that manages to stay the healthiest....may the gods let that be my mighty seahawks...
    User avatar
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 208
    Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
    Location: ..Location..Location


  • OK, lets call it for what it is. The NFL's way of steering parity. Last year it was the Niners that everyone thought would run away with the Lombardi without a real challenge. They had a brutal schedule including 5 10am east coast starts. They handled it very well and for the most part overcame it. This year it is the Seahawks that are threatening to rip the lid off and so we now need to respond in kind.

    You can look at those 10am starts as the NFL feeling those teams (mostly last years playoff teams) need a head start. Fine. We'll give you two quarters to do your best but beware of waking the sleeping Giant. I will trust our defense to keep things interesting early but I will give no apologies for the damage we will wreak in the second half.

    I think we are up for the challenge plus the future is bright for this very young team.

    Beat the best in their house and on their schedule and earn the respect. The earn everything is coming into full swing.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am



  • I whine about early starts as much as the next fellow, but the Panthers are going to get smoked.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 5253
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


  • xCalibur wrote:NFL Network shows some love and picks Seattle to finish this schedule at 12-4...anyone else agree with this...i defintely can see us pulling oout at least another 11-5 against this schedule.

    14-2 book it. Hawks season of domination ends with Paul Allen hoisting the Lombardi trophy! 10am starts don't scare RW3!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11947
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:5 10am starts is just absolutely ridiculous


    Blame Christopher Columbus! Damn those original settlers who didnt start the United States in the Western time zone!

    If we want to be a Super Bowl team 10 am starts should not be an excuse or even a concern.

    Exactly!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    User avatar
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11947
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: Lombardi Land


  • Fact: 10 am starts are far less important than MILES. Playing at 10 am in the Central timezone is not as big a deal for the West teams. Playing at 10 am in the Eastern timezone is much worse, however.


    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... mes/14372/


    However, this table has no adjustment for time, which indicates the actual start time of the game is not nearly as important as the travel itself.

    [...]

    Well this shakes things up quite a bit. Our Western teams have managed an excellent 30-30 record on the road in early starts in the Central Time Zone.
    How can this happen? Isn’t travelling to the likes of Green Bay, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Minnesota, Tennessee, St. Louis, Kansas City and New Orleans still difficult? It may not be as far as New England or Miami, but it’s still a travel.

    And yet, they are .500 against Central teams, and a miserable 19-52 (.268) against Eastern teams during those dreaded 1 p.m. EST starts. They are even 3-10 (.231) in the games that start at 4 p.m. EST. One of those wins was San Diego's Philip Rivers throwing a late touchdown to Vincent Jackson at the New York Giants in 2009.

    Does the one extra time zone really make that big of a difference? Based on this data, we have to cautiously say yes.


    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 405
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


Previous


It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information