Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Tempered Enthusiasm?
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 am 
NET Rookie

When (if) Brady Quinn sees the field, we all can start working on the 2014 draft. RW has to stay healthy. Or the Bills need to cut TJack. I cannot believe I said that... and meant it.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Basis4day wrote:
oldhawkfan wrote:
I don't want to be a Debbie downer. I am by my very nature upbeat and positive. If we go all in and then don't win it all, is the season a complete failure? Are we all gonna have the suicide hotline on speed dial? Is it a case of the higher the expectation, the farther the fall?

Have you seen this board after a single loss?

I stay away for at least 2 days after a loss. It's dangerously insane here after that.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:09 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Best roster the Seahawks have ever had. So yeah I would be bummed if we don't go far. Yes indeed I'm thinking Superbowl champs. Why not, it is truly the best group of players we have ever had. I'm stoked for the up coming season like never before, and I've seen them from day one.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:21 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I haven't been a fan nearly as long as alot of people on here, probably the last 10 years or so. But I am ALL IN!!! I think we all felt something special would happen last year, and really it did, we saw the emergence of the first drafted qb with an actual shot at being a super star. This year, the pieces are in place and with a draft to get us even more talent ahead of us, were in prime position to get it done. Superbowl or bust!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:19 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

nbk35zw wrote:
I have this "off" feeling about this year as well. One injury to RW, and we are done. If it is early, we could be challenging for Clowney. We are that dependent on one player.

Scary.

I don't think a Pete Carrol team will ever lay down and die. Even if we lost RW, I still expect us to win at least 6 games.

The year T-Jack started we were supposed to be the front runners for Andrew Luck and we won 7 games. And our D, receivers, RB depth, and O-line is even better since then.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:43 pm 
NET Veteran

To answer the OP. I feel like if there was ever a time to go "all in" for a season, this would be the one. Our window is now open and the roster should be peaking in a year or two . We were a couple of mistakes from the NFC championship last season and believe me the 49ers , no matter what anyone says, couldn't of beat us the following week had we played them. Thats not a slight of SF. They are a damned good team.

We would have taken them,Even at Candlestick.

IMHO we would've matched up better against Baltimore and the farwell for Jerome Bettus er I mean Ray Lewis. The Seahawks are in "WIN NOW" mode. Thats why they went with Mr Wilson this last season to get him the experience he needed. A lot of things do have to go right I know but I feel confident we could win the whole dang thing.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:57 pm 
NET Veteran

True story: Do you remember the guy in denver years ago who shot himself
to death and left a note saying he couldn't take the Broncos fumbling anymore.

That's a little extreme but I think one can hope for the best, expect the worst
and by so doing insulate yourself from disappointment. In football, doesn't work,
at least not for me. I'm in a foul mood for a week if the Hawks lose.
The funk is worse if they lose a close one.

Having said all the above, I have never so pumped for an upcoming season.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]