Winfield Contract

vonstout

Reaction score
From kffl.com

Seattle Seahawks CB Antoine Winfield's contract with the team is for one year and $2 million, plus $1 million in "not likely to be earned" incentives, according to a source.

The news keeps getting better. I was happy with 1 year/$3mil. It sounds like he will only get $2 mil. Since it is a "not likely to be earned", that $1 Mil doesn't count against the cap.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
2 million for an elite player, the very best at his respective position. How is this even possible? I know his age had to be a factor in the negotiation, but it seems Winfield came here for nothing less than a Super Bowl.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1awmdg1m said:
2 million for an elite player, the very best at his respective position. How is this even possible? I know his age had to be a factor in the negotiation, but it seems Winfield came here for nothing less than a Super Bowl.
Seems the most likely conclusion.

mikeak

Reaction score
Go back and look and he has always been good to his team. He had a deal that if 2 years ago he played less than X% of the snaps he would get a significantly reduced amount of money the year after. I think it was put there because he was getting older. But he got injured so he was paid some $2+ million last year and played at an extremely high level.

When you do that for your team and they come back and don't want to pay you what you should get next year then you are moving on. It is not about getting an extra $500k to stay with the team or not you simply have your pride. The fortunate thing for us is now we are a destination team so we will be one of the teams these guys look at to go and get a ring before they retire.....

DavidSeven

Reaction score
News just keeps getting better this offseason. There's no way to hate on this deal. I was happy when I thought it was a full $3 million.

Cost of Winfield + Quinn now less than the cap savings from trading Flynn. Amazing.

MadMooseBaits

Reaction score
Glad to see him come to the Seahawks. I bleed scarlet and gray and always good to see a Buckeye have a great NFL career.

SE174

Reaction score
I hope he earns that extra million. Gonna be a great year!

Latest posts