Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2230
CaptainSkybeard wrote:
Hes a spy! But theres enough time for Pete to make sure that isn't a problem.



wait..are you suggesting...that Pete Carroll is going to..assassinate Cameron Morrah!!????


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:32 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm
Posts: 4655
60niners wrote:
hawk45 wrote:
60niners wrote:
We've got a pretty stellar strength and conditioning program, hopefully he can benefit from that.

If he appears to be a natural successor to Delanie Walker I'm all on board. The asset that made Walker most valuable is his athleticism, and based on the posts in this thread it sounds like Morrah also posses unique physical talents.

Even the best rookie prospects aren't a guarantee, so I think I feel a bit better about bringing in someone with experience for the backup position then laying hopes on a rook.


Been a while since I've heard the "magic strength and conditioning program" homerism, thanks for the chuckle and good luck with that.

Several analysts as well as players from other teams around the league have commented on the level of conditioning of 49ers players, do you believe them to be wrong? Do you believe strength and conditioning is a scam? I don't know why that's an absurd topic.. The 49ers have been been relatively injury free since Harbaugh took over, and the injuries they did suffer were isolated incidents usually dealing with a specific play - ala Manningham getting his knee destroyed in Seattle.


No I don't think folks are lying but it isn't the magic potion you seem to think it is, and the strength program magic argument is classic homerism you have to know that.

The Seahawks were utterly immune to injury last year aside from crappy DC grass, but that doesn't mean I'm not holding my breath every time Sidney Rice takes the field because...drum roll...injury history means something.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:25 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm
Posts: 1141
Tical21 wrote:
I just don't get the want for another TE. We have a very capable, cheap backup and a very expensive starter. Why use a high resource for a 3rd TE?

A poster claimed Morrah wasn't much of a receiver but a good blocker. Yeah, okay.

If he can stay healthy, he can catch some balls and be a weapon for SF. I see him catching just enough balls to be annoying.


IMO There's a good chance Miller gets asked to restructure in '14 or '15 if he declines he might get cut and a cheap alternative may be the answer to keeping our team together.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:21 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 219
hawk45 wrote:
No I don't think folks are lying but it isn't the magic potion you seem to think it is, and the strength program magic argument is classic homerism you have to know that.

The Seahawks were utterly immune to injury last year aside from crappy DC grass, but that doesn't mean I'm not holding my breath every time Sidney Rice takes the field because...drum roll...injury history means something.

Injury history does mean something, you're very right there. But that shouldn't stop me from having hope. In the first two years of the current regime, we've seen Harbalke take players relatively outcast from other teams and turn them into play-makers/contributors. I'm hoping this young man can be the same because I was really sore about losing Walker.

As an aside; Frank Gore tore up his knee in college and he's been fairly free of major injuries since he was drafted in 2005. That, also gives me hope.

_________________
JSeahawks wrote:
We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:42 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 109
Not sure I can buy into the Miller restructure... ever. I believe his cap number is 14 is 3.5 and in 15 is 2.7. His talent is not "replacement level". Zach is to Seattle what Heath Miller is to Pittsburgh. Heart and soul of the offense. Dude never has to come off the field. That is rare.

Zach Miller is a rare player. He will be here. No restructure.

I think you may see Chancellor leave. Or get franchised one year. Chancellor has the Dashon Goldson track all over him.

Now 2015 Dangeruss will be making over 20M. There will change there :) Draft will be critical at skill positions at that time. Okung and Thomas big money hits will have to come in 2014.

We won't keep everybody, but we will keep the keys. We still need to draft 10 this year, for we need 3-4 potentially great players drafted in 2013 and 2014.

I digress.

_________________
It is what it is...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 am 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
60niners wrote:
hawk45 wrote:
No I don't think folks are lying but it isn't the magic potion you seem to think it is, and the strength program magic argument is classic homerism you have to know that.

The Seahawks were utterly immune to injury last year aside from crappy DC grass, but that doesn't mean I'm not holding my breath every time Sidney Rice takes the field because...drum roll...injury history means something.

Injury history does mean something, you're very right there. But that shouldn't stop me from having hope. In the first two years of the current regime, we've seen Harbalke take players relatively outcast from other teams and turn them into play-makers/contributors. I'm hoping this young man can be the same because I was really sore about losing Walker.

As an aside; Frank Gore tore up his knee in college and he's been fairly free of major injuries since he was drafted in 2005. That, also gives me hope.


On the issue of injuries, I think the field that the players play on factor a lot into it. I think natural grass is the best field because it will give when players cut, thereby saving their knees from blowing out.

As for Morrah, the system that the 49ers play is probably more suited to his skill set than seattle. The 49ers are more of a running team while Seattle with Wilson - I can see them this year being much more of a passing team with Harvin now in the fold and I'm sure with the draft, they will have some weapons to make sure Wilson will have folks to throw to.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:11 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2776
I actually think the health issues are much closer related to playing on your toes vs playing on your heals, so to speak. Aggressive smash mouth teams tend to have less injury issues than the Finesse teams and I think that is due to trying to move forward as oppose to trying not to move back.

Strength and conditioning obviously helps but that IMO is much more on the player themselves. If they are not motivated to aggressively pursue the strength and conditioning program, the coach/coordinator means very little but for those willing to put in the work, even an average S&C coach will have success.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cameron Morrah to 9ers
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:03 am
Posts: 248
RichNhansom wrote:
I actually think the health issues are much closer related to playing on your toes vs playing on your heals, so to speak. Aggressive smash mouth teams tend to have less injury issues than the Finesse teams and I think that is due to trying to move forward as oppose to trying not to move back.

Strength and conditioning obviously helps but that IMO is much more on the player themselves. If they are not motivated to aggressively pursue the strength and conditioning program, the coach/coordinator means very little but for those willing to put in the work, even an average S&C coach will have success.

I think that is true to a certain extent. If you are giving the blow and you have the higher momentum, the one recieving the blow will suffer more. I'll leave the angular momentum to the physics nerds. Regarding smash mouth teams, if the opposing team is bent backwards, that can cause injuries. Specially if the smash mouth team is bigger and more powerful.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 12HawkFan, ASuperForce, ATX_Hawk, b3liever, bafloyd11, BAJAHAWK, ballard1951, bandiger, BASF, BC-Hawk, Bigpumpkin, bigskydoc, bill21792, Bitter, Blitzer88, bluengreen, bmorepunk, BobcatHawk, brodad, bryantology79, Cad, calihawk, ccla, cdn hawk fan, ChiefHawk, ChrisB Bacon, Chrome_Seahawk, Cinque52, Crizilla, crucifyd, ctrcat, Davehawk, davidonmi, DavidSeven, dbmack, DesiHawk, Digsbone, Donk70, drdiags, dutchman063, entropyrulesall, Exploding, FortWorthSeahawk, GeekHawk, Geologic, getnasty, Giblien, glowingeyedseahawk, Google [Bot], gwinnUSAF77, HappyMonkey, HAWK-N-ROLL, HawkFan72, Hawkfan77, HawkMeat, hawknation2014, HawkRedhooker, HawkRiderFan, HAWKS2theBONE, hawksfan515, hawksfanohio, hawksfansinceday1, HawksSoc, Hawk_Nation, hawxfreak, Hendo66, Hobzen, homerun1970, Hustle_Wilson, i5roadrunner, IcedHawk, idahohawk, Incubus, Infamous425, JaiSeaSea, jake206, jblaze, jdblack, JHawk, jhern87, jonesy7748, JonRud, Jville, JZ#1, kearly, keatonisballin, kf3339, Kixkahn, kodiakira, LargentFan, legend38, M2MG, MadSweeney, Manbearpig99, MD5eahawks, Mick063, misfit, Mojambo, MontanaHawk05, MPLogick, NC State Seahawk, NorthwestSportsFan, notyou, NYCoug, oldhawkfan, Onyx, openureyez, Perfundle, Pick6, Plainshawk, pocketprotector, Polaris, purpleworld, raisethe3, ratso, Recon_Hawk, renofox, rideaducati, RobBaker7714409, Rocket, RolandDeschain, rpdan, ruffENrowdy, RynoHawk, SacHawk2.0, samwize77, Scottemojo, scutterhawk, seabowl, Seahawkfaninvegas, Seahawkscrazy, Seahwkgal, SeaJax, SeatownJay, seatt1eslew, seeg, Shadowhawk, Shadyhawk182, Shaz, Sign37now, sjhawkfan, Skeeve, Skip98027, SoCalSeahawk, Spleenhawk2.0, Sports Hernia, SPRC, Stone Cold, sutz, tacomahawk, Tanzania12, TDBinOLY, Tempest_Crow, thanimal, the ditch, THE TABS, TheHawkster, TheRealDTM, The_Z_Man, Throwdown, tleise32, Tokadub, tom95, Top, TOPHawk, TriCHawk, TruHammer07, TwelvesRealm, Vpk0718, warden, Wenhawk, Zebulon Dak, Ziggyy108, Zukistubbs and 556 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.