Russell Wilson Radio Interview 4/17

dunceface

Reaction score
that was ggggreat! i just love to hear his voice...

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
dunceface":uljfos2z said:
Yeah I love to stare at a picture of his amazing smile while his voice penetrates my eager ear drums.
lol... FAIL

dunceface

Reaction score
MissoulaHawk":10p3essq said:
dunceface":10p3essq said:
Yeah I love to stare at a picture of his amazing smile while his voice penetrates my eager ear drums.
lol... FAIL
Tumblr mlg459Qf9b1qlkvaio1 500

SE174

Reaction score
Is it just me, or did Russell sound even more confident, even more comfortable in his own skin? I have a feeling he's going to have a legendary year. He's got "IT" just as much as Michael Jordan has "IT."

hawker84

Reaction score
Could you explain "It" please.. i'd try to explain this to Marvin49 but i couldn't seem to do it... maybe you can do a better job.. i agree by the way... the discussion was, I saw the "IT" factor in RW, but have not yet seen the "IT" factor in Kap.. he disagreed...

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
hawker84":l9bbbgpu said:
Could you explain "It" please.. i'd try to explain this to Marvin49 but i couldn't seem to do it... maybe you can do a better job.. i agree by the way... the discussion was, I saw the "IT" factor in RW, but have not yet seen the "IT" factor in Kap.. he disagreed...

I saw this thread over on the 9ers forum (or was it a different thread here? I know he posts both places). I usually just lurk, no point in trying to sway their opinion. I saw a post on that thread that stood out to me, one that basically listed off all the reasons people have "knocked" Kaepernick, and then he ranted about how our (Hawks fans') own "bias" is creating these things (he called them "delusions"). Basically, he's implying that we are only saying Kaepernick "Locks on to receivers" and "Has no touch throws" is because we want our QB to be better than theirs so badly, that we are making reasons up. Because not a single one of us has ever seen Kaep play, or watched any kind of tape on him. We just blindly make things up. That's the kind of guy you are trying to convince that Kaepernick doesn't have "It". Good luck :)

That said, if you insist on pushing that debate, I would start with something along the lines of having Kaepernick worry more about helping his team win, rather than working on his "Bicep Kiss". Throw in something about him being lazy taking body shots, that usually stirs em up pretty good.

Laloosh

Reaction score
From the interview with regard to his camps... There are inner-city kids in Spokane?!

Cartire

Reaction score
hawker84":2x2li9rf said:

To be brutely honest, the "IT" factor is a made up term that has nothing more then a gush factor.

Its used a lot to characterize people that excel for reasons unknown.

Intangibles is another term. God, they love throwing that one around. "He may not be the fastest guy, or the most accurate, or the smartest at time, but he has the intangibles..." Its all bogus and used to add a sense of knowledge that really isnt there.

Dont get me wrong, I think Russell has the IT factor and all the Intangibles.... (its just impossible to tell you with a concrete answer what those are.)

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
He's a winner in every aspect of his person and he is already one of the hardest working players in the NFL. Intangibles probably are the best word for "it", but the term is not exactly perfect because these qualities are very tangible. "It" tends to be used when a person is just a winner, who seems to understand what needs to be done to excel on a level that not everyone else does. Russell is on another level, he is special. He is more of a "grown man" than I am and I'm 29 :)

SE174

Reaction score
SNDavidson":18mb41vy said:
He's a winner in every aspect of his person and he is already one of the hardest working players in the NFL. Intangibles probably are the best word for "it", but the term is not exactly perfect because these qualities are very tangible. "It" tends to be used when a person is just a winner, who seems to understand what needs to be done to excel on a level that not everyone else does. Russell is on another level, he is special. He is more of a "grown man" than I am and I'm 29 :)
This is along the vein of what I was referring to. It's that insatiable drive to be the absolute best and to succeed at everything, and the complete confidence and wisdom to be able to accomplish it. That laser-focused, almost obsessive competitive nature to overcome anything and everything. To be great. Not to be better than others, but to be great in almost a Maslowian self-actualization kind of way. I believe whatever IT was that propelled Michael Jordan (because it wasn't just natural talent) to be great, is the same thing that drives Russell.

shawnsim

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3f8pn5l2 said:
From the interview with regard to his camps... There are inner-city kids in Spokane?!

Western Washington elitist?

Spokane is a city. The inner city is located close to the epicenter of said city. Young people live there. So yes, there are inner city kids in Spokane.

They are poor and impoverished not from lack of jobs but, from having to pay huge taxes to fund the trendy hipsters to the west. At least God gives us sunshine. (Not the artificial stuff coming out of certain arseholes.)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
shawnsim":19fqx2w9 said:
They are poor and impoverished not from lack of jobs but, from having to pay huge taxes to fund the trendy hipsters to the west. At least God gives us sunshine. (Not the artificial stuff coming out of certain arseholes.)

King County taxpayers actually fund the rest of you Eastern Washington cowpokes.

I don't mean that part about the cowpokes, but the part about my taxes paying for your roads is true. But even if we disagree about politics or have cultural misunderstandings, this is a Seahawks site. Let's just agree on one thing:

:49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
shawnsim":1m6jhrqp said:
E.C. Laloosh":1m6jhrqp said:

Western Washington elitist?

Spokane is a city. The inner city is located close to the epicenter of said city. Young people live there. So yes, there are inner city kids in Spokane.

Unnecessary bashing/negativity going on here for some reason... If you think the problem for the impoverished in Spokane is "too high of taxes," you don't sound too educated about these things.

Anyway! Always good to hear from Sir Russell of Wilson.

BASF

Reaction score
SE174":3tal73n4 said:
I believe whatever IT was that propelled Michael Jordan (because it wasn't just natural talent) to be great, is the same thing that drives Russell.

You should put this in your signature.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Wow less then minute for Lil Russ to get his "god" thanks in there. So we got autographs with bible verses and god thanks in every interview I have heard so far......I certainly hope he is not allowed to vote :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This kid is just solid. He never waivers on his belief, his attitude and ethics. Usually that sort of stuff is tied to a player that is missing something in his game. Something that RW doesn't have an issue with.

Give the guy the ball and he is going to make something happen. The kid makes plays, period. Regardless of down and distance, he is as steady as they come. Making every snap a possible first down or score.

The coolest customer on the field, in his rookie season. Game on the line? No problem. Been there, done that, bring it on. That was from a rookie, just imagine what he will do with all the offseason work. The cliches never get old to me, because I know he lives them rather than just saying them. Always love the RW interviews.

SE174

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1eldp11i said:
This kid is just solid. He never waivers on his belief, his attitude and ethics. Usually that sort of stuff is tied to a player that is missing something in his game. Something that RW doesn't have an issue with.

Give the guy the ball and he is going to make something happen. The kid makes plays, period. Regardless of down and distance, he is as steady as they come. Making every snap a possible first down or score.

The coolest customer on the field, in his rookie season. Game on the line? No problem. Been there, done that, bring it on. That was from a rookie, just imagine what he will do with all the offseason work. The cliches never get old to me, because I know he lives them rather than just saying them. Always love the RW interviews.

Truth.

SE174

Reaction score
BASF":3dcc6jab said:
SE174":3dcc6jab said:
I believe whatever IT was that propelled Michael Jordan (because it wasn't just natural talent) to be great, is the same thing that drives Russell.

You should put this in your signature.
Meh. If it had been phrased by someone more eloquent than myself, then sure. I'm no word smith.

two dog

Reaction score
In football the "IT" factor seems fairly easy to define. When a player, whether Walter Jones
or Russell Wilson steps into the huddle, tells his team mates what's going to happen and makes
them believe it, that's the "IT" factor. Better yet, when he MAKES it happen, everybody believes.

As far as his reference to God, Russell is a man of faith. It's something I don't happen to share
but certainly respect and with which I have no quarrel.