Season Ticket Upgrade Status

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Season Ticket Upgrade Status
Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm
  • Quick question for past season ticket holders - how do you get the 'season ticket holder' license plate frame i see around town, is that automatically sent to you when you get your tickets? I know with the 5 game plan we got the tickets in a box with a hat and stuff.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:56 pm
  • hawknballs you a first time season ticket holder and got yours already nice. i still havent heard a thing on mine yet as first timer for season tickets. i requested club seats back in dec i put deposit down. well maybe i will hear something soon ill keep my fingers crossed. hope for the best.
    summesm
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:Quick question for past season ticket holders - how do you get the 'season ticket holder' license plate frame i see around town, is that automatically sent to you when you get your tickets? I know with the 5 game plan we got the tickets in a box with a hat and stuff.

Last year my "Season ticket holder gift" was the beanie you saw a bunch of people wearing at games last year. Something tells me the license plate frame was obviously a year or two prior. Here's the lame thing. I bought two season tickets and they gave me ONE beanie. When I asked them about it, they said it was only per customer. So you're telling me if you spend $750 vs $1500 or heck even $3000 on a set of season tickets based off how many seats you got, you only got ONE beanie...-_-
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:19 pm
  • summesm wrote:hawknballs you a first time season ticket holder and got yours already nice. i still havent heard a thing on mine yet as first timer for season tickets. i requested club seats back in dec i put deposit down. well maybe i will hear something soon ill keep my fingers crossed. hope for the best.

well we bought the 5-game plan last year which i think bumps you up in line, but also my father is disabled so we put in for the ADA seating so I'm sure that had something to do with getting them sooner as well.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:21 pm
  • brendonkuhn wrote:
    chimpanjesus wrote:
    brendonkuhn wrote:Are nose bleeds still available to swap into though? I have some tickets that are $94, but so close to the $75 section. Would rather just pay $20 less per ticket for a marginal downgrade. Monday at 9am is my time.

where are your current seats?

Section 332
    Row Y
    14-15

I'd much rather pay less for comparable seats. Hoping I get lucky when it's my turn to pick.

Interesting. I'm paying $75/game and I'm Sec 338 Row DD Aisle. So that puts me about 5 rows above you.

based off the seating chart http://www.seahawks.com/tickets/seating-map.html I was feeling like I was in the way back of the $75 section, but I guess not. If I could move down about a good 10 rows in my exact section, I'd be willing to spend $94/game, 5 rows and losing aisle probably not.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:22 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:
    summesm wrote:hawknballs you a first time season ticket holder and got yours already nice. i still havent heard a thing on mine yet as first timer for season tickets. i requested club seats back in dec i put deposit down. well maybe i will hear something soon ill keep my fingers crossed. hope for the best.

well we bought the 5-game plan last year which i think bumps you up in line, but also my father is disabled so we put in for the ADA seating so I'm sure that had something to do with getting them sooner as well.

As horrible as it sounds, I'd eat my way to disability for some of those ADA seating. Okay that wasn't that funny.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:32 pm
  • 5 game package and your father probly did bump ya up good to hear ya got some. Hope I hear soon and I'll keep hoping and keep fingers crossed
    summesm
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:44 pm
  • Hey guys...to those of you who are potential new season ticket holders this year:

When did you put your deposit down for seats? I put mine down in mid-late December and was just e-mailed by the Seahawks and they basically told me that I'm "very close" to the area where they will be able to fulfill tickets for this season. If I don't get them this year then I'll be shifted to the "Blue Pride" club or whatever with my spot being held for the 2014-2015 season.

That was kind of a bummer to read, I was told when I placed my deposit in December that I would be able to secure tickets with no problem since my deposit was put down in December but now that doesn't seem like such a good chance.

Just wanted to relay what I had heard to those of you who have deposits on new seats for this season. Should find out regardless in the next 2-3 weeks but I'll remain with my fingers crossed and hope I'll be able to get into the building.

Exact message:

Your deposit placed back in December is already included in our Blue Pride waiting list with the same priority date. We will begin contacting deposit holders shortly and you are very close to the cut-off of what we think is available. Regardless, you will know soon if you can get seats or what your spot in line is moving forward!
    xkj1985x
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:11 pm
  • I have 4 tickets in the 333 section Row BB

We are looking to move up to the single row section if no farther back then J

If anyone one is looking at moving back due to cost and may have tickets in an area of our interest I would be willing to look into a ticket for ticket season swap

Prefer no end zone or corner seating.

Go Hawks!
    [size=50]“Give me your Loud, your Proud,
    Your Jacked Up masses yearning to Scream free,
    The Winning refuse of your Sea Town shore.
    Send these, the Passionate, Loyal, to me:
    I lift my 12 Flag beside the Lombardi.”

― Emma Lazarus (If she was a 12) By BraHn
    [/size]
    Brahn
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:26 pm
  • xkj1985x thanks for the info i havent had email sent to me but i put mine in in dec also. dont look good for tickets this year does it. did you request what you wanted orr just what ever was avalable. i requested club seating but if that was not avalable id take any 2 seats but prefered club seating. last couple years id buy single game tickets in club. well hope you get your tickets and ill just keep hoping and keep fingers crossed also
    summesm
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:33 pm
  • summesm wrote:xkj1985x thanks for the info i havent had email sent to me but i put mine in in dec also. dont look good for tickets this year does it. did you request what you wanted orr just what ever was avalable. i requested club seating but if that was not avalable id take any 2 seats but prefered club seating. last couple years id buy single game tickets in club. well hope you get your tickets and ill just keep hoping and keep fingers crossed also

I didn't put in a specific request for tickets in the club section. I'm graduating college this year so I was just looking to get in the building this year, even if it was nose bleed seats. Club Seats just aren't in the budget for the time being for a full season. If I was buying one or two single games then I could swing that but not for a full year. I wasn't expecting anything great for the first handful of years but after finding out that I may be S.O.L entirely was kind of a downer.

But yeah to answer your question....I just told them whatever was available would be fine.

I have my seat selection date for Huskies tickets next month so I guess that may just have to do for this year.
    xkj1985x
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:17 pm
  • xkj195x huskies tickets are good ones to have also, but we havent actually been told no yet so still some hope as little as it looks. i was told same when i put my money down they said expecially since i want club would be no problem getting those but there return rate and people upgrading must been better than they thought but who can blame anyone who would give up seats this year or ever. if anyone has any other info it would be appreciated so i can start looking at other avenues for tickets this year. i already have some things in works if it dont happen this year for my own season tickets
    thanks
    summesm
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:47 pm
  • gspin2k1 wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:Quick question for past season ticket holders - how do you get the 'season ticket holder' license plate frame i see around town, is that automatically sent to you when you get your tickets? I know with the 5 game plan we got the tickets in a box with a hat and stuff.

Last year my "Season ticket holder gift" was the beanie you saw a bunch of people wearing at games last year. Something tells me the license plate frame was obviously a year or two prior. Here's the lame thing. I bought two season tickets and they gave me ONE beanie. When I asked them about it, they said it was only per customer. So you're telling me if you spend $750 vs $1500 or heck even $3000 on a set of season tickets based off how many seats you got, you only got ONE beanie...-_-

Ahem. I have tickets with friends, six seats total. Our bill this year was nearly $9000. We only receive one gift each year. Same answer from the Seahawks, the one time we asked about it (one license plate holder, and I think we own seven vehicles across three families), one gift per account.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:21 pm
  • xkj I am also on the waiting list - I enlisted at the end of October and was also told no problem then and they will contact me at the beginning of May -I did not receive your email - I called last week and got a bit of different story - I was told I may or may not receive tickets this year - I will find out mid-May - he said there was a 97% renewal rate and lots of holders are adding more tickets (which are given out before us) and there may not be many left over - I would be happy with the top corner this year - Keep your fingers crossed
    zelter
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:57 pm
  • Seems like the NFL wants to own not only the primary, but also the secondary ticket market for their tickets. The secondary market would just be the exchange, like the NYSE, and just taking a fee for each transaction. So they created the NFL ticket exchange which makes it super easy and safe for season ticket holders to sell and buyers to buy. At this time also the lowest cost of the majors (stubhub, etc.). One major component of creating a market is it has to be liquid. If each person who owned season tickets for the sole reason to go to games and maybe sell a game or two they have something else going on and can't make it there is little liquidity. If they sell current season ticket holders an extra set of tickets for the purpose of selling them than they not only create demand, but also a very liquid market.

This sounds like it is happening right now for the Seahawks fans. A lot of the current season ticket holders are scoring extra sets of tickets before the folks who put down a deposit and got in line.

Where am I going with this? Nowhere really. A big fan of the guy just graduating from college and just wants a set of tickets to go watch games and have fun, but also the business side interesting.

12-4? Yes they can...
    Intothewater
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:09 pm
  • Intothewater wrote:Seems like the NFL wants to own not only the primary, but also the secondary ticket market for their tickets. The secondary market would just be the exchange, like the NYSE, and just taking a fee for each transaction. So they created the NFL ticket exchange which makes it super easy and safe for season ticket holders to sell and buyers to buy. At this time also the lowest cost of the majors (stubhub, etc.). One major component of creating a market is it has to be liquid. If each person who owned season tickets for the sole reason to go to games and maybe sell a game or two they have something else going on and can't make it there is little liquidity. If they sell current season ticket holders an extra set of tickets for the purpose of selling them than they not only create demand, but also a very liquid market.

This sounds like it is happening right now for the Seahawks fans. A lot of the current season ticket holders are scoring extra sets of tickets before the folks who put down a deposit and got in line.

Where am I going with this? Nowhere really. A big fan of the guy just graduating from college and just wants a set of tickets to go watch games and have fun, but also the business side interesting.

12-4? Yes they can...

not gonna lie, i am doing exactly this. if i can get the cost of my primary seats down my selling a pair of secondary seats i gotta do it.
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:16 am
  • I put a couple hundred bucks down for season tickets the first week of Nov. and my account rep told me, at the time, that I was good for season tickets. I called recently to see if that was still the case because of friend of mine did the relocation process and said that there was not much available. My rep now said that I may or may not get tickets because renewals had gone up to 98%. He told me that he would contact me on May 8,9, or 10 in regards to tickets.

Does anyone know if they save tickets for people that want to be new season tickets holders or do they just sell everything they can to current members. Also, do they give us the opportunity to purchase single season tickets in the same order they have us for season tickets.
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:23 am
  • I don't know for certain, but I would think they would keep some available for new season ticket holders. In regards to the chance to purchase single game tickets after the current season ticket holders get a chance, I think it is just first come first serve.
    rcambaker
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 am
  • from my understanding it goes:

1.) Current season ticket holders get a chance to renew/upgrade
    2.) Purchasers of 5-game plans last year, who also made the deposit on season tickets
    3.) Those who put a deposit down on season tickets, in order of when they paid the deposit

keep in mind there are fans in some cities who put deposits down years in advance in hopes of getting season tickets.

This chart obviously isn't super accurate since there's no telling who will renew in a given year or how many new season tickets they might add, obviously the wait isn't 5 years for the hawks anymore, but it could possibly be a season or two for anyone just now putting down their deposit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season ... ting_lists
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:26 pm
  • Thanks for the info. I guess I'll hope for the five pack deal or just buy a couple of games on the NFL ticket exchange. It's going to be a good season, can't wait for it.
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:38 pm
  • you still might be able to get something, they just might not be ideal seats but will also be cheaper, then you can upgrade next season. There aren't really any bad seats int he house but some aren't under cover, or are in the corners, etc.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 pm
  • so even if i requested club seats will i still be called if there are cheaper/nonclub seats avalable when they get to me on list if they do get to me. things dont look good for us first timers this year. thakns for any insite and info you have
    summesm
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:30 pm
  • Even though you requested club seats you should have an option to purchase cheaper seats if they are available when it is your turn to buy seats.

It's amazing what a difference a year makes. I got Season Tickets last August during training camp when TJ has still in the mix to be the starting QB (even though the chance was probably small for him then). I went with club seats and there were quite a lot of 300 level options available then.

Since you want club seats I think that will increase your chance of getting Season Tickets.
    rcambaker
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm
  • I'd be floored if the club seats sold out i.e. if there weren't any available for season ticket sales.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:55 pm
  • Well, I just heard from my rep who told me that the chances of my getting tickets this year are slim to none. He said that I would be placed on the priority list for the 2014 season. Kinda sucks because I was really wanting to get season tickets this year.
    nrayorr
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:12 pm
  • if what my rep told me was accurate the waiting list for season tickets is currently 12,000 people long.
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 pm
  • When I went through the upgrade last week and asked about club options all that was left are the $300 and $350 per seat/game options. So it seems like they are selling even the club level at a pretty good clip.
    Intothewater
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 pm
  • If season ticket holders are upgrading to other seats wouldn't that make there old seats available or do a lot upgrade and keep old seats to sell? Well there is still a little hope for club seats for me but the more I learn slimmer it seems to get but til they say no there is always hope
    summesm
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 am
  • My seat relocation window started this morning. I went on at 9 a.m. hoping to move to a lower row in my section but there was not much available and nothing better than where I am already. A few pairs scattered here and there. At this moment there is still four in a row available in section 303 row Y. Also four in a row in section 306 row HH. Lots in Club 209 if your pockets are deep enough.

Also for some reason section 330 is blanked out on the virtual map. I will keep checking through the day in case something becomes available. Asked my rep by chat to call me if she finds anything to improve my location.
    kaledoniain
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:00 pm
  • I am a current season ticket holder and I just received word it was my window to purchase additional season tix if I wanted to. I decided to pick a another pair in 339 HH. It sounds like that is the best available options except for Club seats......
    BoatsAndHose
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:34 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:you still might be able to get something, they just might not be ideal seats but will also be cheaper, then you can upgrade next season. There aren't really any bad seats int he house but some aren't under cover, or are in the corners, etc.

I hope, I'll take any tickets I can get my hands on at this point. I already bought a couple of tickets for the Hawks vs Bucs game. :th2thumbs:. I'm just hoping the Hawks ticket office opens up more season tickets spots for the demand. :49ersmall:
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:Just got my season tickets locked in. They are ADA seats because my dad has a leg brace, so not sure what that means for anyone trying to get regular seating. Pickens were slim but we also just want tickets and aren't super picky, we just love to be there.

last year we had a 5-game plan, and at the end of the season put a deposit down, so I guess maybe they have gone through all the upgrades and should now be getting to anyone in that same boat.

I put in a deposit in January and was told we'd get 4 seats and that he'd get back to me about sections/rows in the spring. I was told we would get seats but he didn't know where yet but that he was sure he could get me ones that were good and not to worry.
    I heard nothing so I called the other day when I saw on Facebook that now people are only being signed up for Blue Pride and now suddenly he said that it is unlikely we will get tickets. I was totally misled and I am so disappointed. If I had been told outright my deposit didn't mean anything, that would be different, but I told my kids we had season tickets after I talked to him the first time and put the deposit down and they were soooo excited! With everyone buying them up to sell it is likely to price us out of seats for even a few games. The prices for the game we went to last year were so high that I just figured we'd be better off getting season tickets instead of paying almost as much for single game tickets. : (

So, now do they get to keep my deposit until next year if I stay on the list? How does this work?
    5fanfamily
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:40 pm
  • While I understand your disappointment, 5fan, you also have to realize that even though there are quite a few people who don't renew
    their seats in a typical year, this year is far, far from typical. The agent should have mentioned that "past results don't guarantee future success."

The BEST time to get seats is in down years. We sure could have used your voice, and many others, during the Husky Stadium days and the
    early years of Seahawks Stadium. Heck, even a couple of years ago during the Mora years you could have had really good seats.

Part of me just shakes my head at the mad scramble for season tickets and wonders why more people don't follow the team win OR lose.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:07 pm
  • RabidFrenzy wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:you still might be able to get something, they just might not be ideal seats but will also be cheaper, then you can upgrade next season. There aren't really any bad seats int he house but some aren't under cover, or are in the corners, etc.

I hope, I'll take any tickets I can get my hands on at this point. I already bought a couple of tickets for the Hawks vs Bucs game. :th2thumbs:. I'm just hoping the Hawks ticket office opens up more season tickets spots for the demand. :49ersmall:

Ummm, yeah. They can't open up more season ticket spots. The NFL requires that a certain percentage of seats is sold as single game tickets. The NFL also requires that ADA tickets, which do not count against blackouts, are taken care of separately and only sold as season tickets to people who qualify.

Basically without remodeling the stadium, they can't add seats, and they already have the maximum amount of seats available for season tickets.

(Caveat: They did add standing room only seats for some games, but these are not available for season ticket ownership, from what I understand, and these are only added for certain games anticipating high demand, like playoff games.)

(Caveat: There are plans available that were developed at the very start for bringing the stadium up to 72,000 seats, the minimum for a Super Bowl, which would involve filling in the upper South bowl, around the 12th Man flag. There are also rumors of plans that would fill in the area around the Hawks Nest, further increasing capacity, but I have no idea how real that option is. Either one would require some construction, and we'd all hear about it before they broke ground, I'm sure.)
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:09 pm
  • Riley12 wrote:While I understand your disappointment, 5fan, you also have to realize that even though there are quite a few people who don't renew
    their seats in a typical year, this year is far, far from typical. The agent should have mentioned that "past results don't guarantee future success."

The BEST time to get seats is in down years. We sure could have used your voice, and many others, during the Husky Stadium days and the
    early years of Seahawks Stadium. Heck, even a couple of years ago during the Mora years you could have had really good seats.

Part of me just shakes my head at the mad scramble for season tickets and wonders why more people don't follow the team win OR lose.

Quoted for truth. We got our seats at the tail end of the Erickson era, and I'm not just saying that to say "wow, look at me, I got mine early" more to say that I was excited for games regardless of the coach or who was playing. I'd hazard to say that in the last ten years, at least seven of those ten, if you checked, there were thousands of tickets available for season ticket purchase and no waiting list.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:32 pm
  • 5fanfamily wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:Just got my season tickets locked in. They are ADA seats because my dad has a leg brace, so not sure what that means for anyone trying to get regular seating. Pickens were slim but we also just want tickets and aren't super picky, we just love to be there.

last year we had a 5-game plan, and at the end of the season put a deposit down, so I guess maybe they have gone through all the upgrades and should now be getting to anyone in that same boat.

I put in a deposit in January and was told we'd get 4 seats and that he'd get back to me about sections/rows in the spring. I was told we would get seats but he didn't know where yet but that he was sure he could get me ones that were good and not to worry.
    I heard nothing so I called the other day when I saw on Facebook that now people are only being signed up for Blue Pride and now suddenly he said that it is unlikely we will get tickets. I was totally misled and I am so disappointed. If I had been told outright my deposit didn't mean anything, that would be different, but I told my kids we had season tickets after I talked to him the first time and put the deposit down and they were soooo excited! With everyone buying them up to sell it is likely to price us out of seats for even a few games. The prices for the game we went to last year were so high that I just figured we'd be better off getting season tickets instead of paying almost as much for single game tickets. : (

So, now do they get to keep my deposit until next year if I stay on the list? How does this work?

Yeah, I wish I could have afforded it in years prior and I would have snapped them up if there had been any way. We lived 1000 miles away for years with no money to travel to games then moved much closer and I took my kids to a game a year while putting my money toward graduate school. Those were some tight years. Finally not feeling the pinch and felt good at the new year knowing I could afford it and happy to finally be able to offer my kids something like that, which for us is pretty new. Kicking myself now, for sure.
    Live and learn, I suppose. I guess I should remember that people trying to sell things aren't always honest. I'll stay on the list --we are forever fans (same with the TrailBlazers---good or bad, we watch and go to a game here and there!) and not with the new masses so when the hype dies down we will still be here. Just a bummer is all.
    5fanfamily
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:41 pm
  • Not a new fan here or a fair-weather fan----just a poor one who couldn't afford more than a game a year for a long time. I didn't even make it to a live game until I was 34 years old but I watched and always wanted to go, and was determined to take my kids (also fans) at much younger ages so they didn't have to wait and dream like me for years.

Bad timing, yes, as of course as I can finally afford it, all of a sudden the demand skyrocketed, but I have been a loyal fan for ages and my daughter, at just 3 yrs old, picked a Seahawks poster for her room over Dora the Explorer, Spongebob, and every other option in the store. It is still on the back of her door.
    5fanfamily
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:45 pm
  • added a 2nd pair to my account. pretty painless.
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:14 pm
  • I suppose this could serve as an introduction as well as an answer to some of the comments listed above. I live in Oregon and for the most part I followed NCAA football. I never really had a NFL team but followed it due to my obsession with fantasy football. I had never been to NCAA football game or NFL game due my financial situation. However, last year, me and my wife decided to go to a Seahawks game and asked my brother in-law, who is originally from Boston (annoying as hell Patriots fan) to see if him and his wife wanted to go to the game with us. Needless to say we bought a couple of tickets and headed up to Seattle. Also, I had never been to Seattle. I know, I need to get out more.

Anyway, I was blown away by the energy of the 12th man, and the Seahawks. The 300 level seats on the 50 yard line were great, fans around me were friendly and loud as hell. Not to mention that game was just amazing. I put a deposit down for season tickets shortly after, and bought a couple tickets for the last game of the season Seahawks vs Rams. I wish I would had gone to more games sooner and now I can't wait for next season. If I need to wait for a couple of years for season tickets oh well.

Go Hawks! Go Ducks!
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:51 am
  • xkj1985x wrote:Hey guys...to those of you who are potential new season ticket holders this year:

When did you put your deposit down for seats? I put mine down in mid-late December and was just e-mailed by the Seahawks and they basically told me that I'm "very close" to the area where they will be able to fulfill tickets for this season. If I don't get them this year then I'll be shifted to the "Blue Pride" club or whatever with my spot being held for the 2014-2015 season.

That was kind of a bummer to read, I was told when I placed my deposit in December that I would be able to secure tickets with no problem since my deposit was put down in December but now that doesn't seem like such a good chance.

Just wanted to relay what I had heard to those of you who have deposits on new seats for this season. Should find out regardless in the next 2-3 weeks but I'll remain with my fingers crossed and hope I'll be able to get into the building.

Exact message:

Your deposit placed back in December is already included in our Blue Pride waiting list with the same priority date. We will begin contacting deposit holders shortly and you are very close to the cut-off of what we think is available. Regardless, you will know soon if you can get seats or what your spot in line is moving forward!

They were probably assuring based upon historical renewal rates.. This year is different, much like after the 05/06 seasons when renewals were close to 90%.. Basically, more people renewed than projected so you are being bumped in order to fulfill existing STH first.

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:00 am
  • I empathize for those of you that are wanting to come join the STH community, but one positive is that you don't have to pay full price for two meaningless games in August. Use that extra money to purchase tix for the primetime games that will be at a premium in the secondary market.

Be thankful it is only 1-2 year wait for tickets.. I have friends in Pittsburgh that have been on their waiting list for 10 years and still have about 10 more before they get the call.. Took my friend in Boston 13 years to get his name on the list.. each year they pay a non-refundable deposit as well to keep their place in the line.

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm
  • Barthawk wrote:I empathize for those of you that are wanting to come join the STH community, but one positive is that you don't have to pay full price for two meaningless games in August. Use that extra money to purchase tix for the primetime games that will be at a premium in the secondary market.

Be thankful it is only 1-2 year wait for tickets.. I have friends in Pittsburgh that have been on their waiting list for 10 years and still have about 10 more before they get the call.. Took my friend in Boston 13 years to get his name on the list.. each year they pay a non-refundable deposit as well to keep their place in the line.

If you plan on going to all the regular games or maybe 6/8. You might as well get a season ticket and pay for the two "meaningless games" worst case you sell those tickets at half price. And primetime games end up costing 3-4x the face value. So you're still better off getting season tickets. Unless you plan to go to only 1-2 games a year.

i.e my ticket last year $750/season ($75/game). Ticket value for same seat for game = $200, Patriots game = $150, Niners game = $200. 3 games = $550. I can say I basically paid $28.50 for each of the other 7 games. I'm basing my values off the girl who sat across me in sec 339 (i'm in 338) who sold off all her big ticket games. So theoretically my seat could have even made more $.

Anyway, I just added 2 extra seats. Not sure which 2 of the 4 I'm gonna keep and sell off.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:06 pm
  • Random aside, it's basically impossible to get anything for the preseason tickets. I've seen them given away on the street before games.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:10 pm
  • I like going to the preseason games. i'ts a great way to just go have fun with a game that doesn't matter, so you get to hang with fans, cheer for the team when they come out of the tunnel, and don't have to be stressed about the outcome. Plus I like seeing the young guys compete.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:15 pm
  • I'd love to go to a preseason game. Maybe I'll drive to Seattle and hang out in hopes people will give them away!

I'm hoping for club seats. I figured a way I can swing it if by the time they finally get to me they are the only seats left. I'm holding out hope. I guess I don't get my deposit back in any case.
    5fanfamily
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:59 pm
  • xkj1985x wrote:Hey guys...to those of you who are potential new season ticket holders this year:

Exact message:

I placed my deposit late Oct early Nov. My deposit invoice said position numbers where in the teens. Not sure if these numbers matter much since I think they get reset.
    RabidFrenzy
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:52 am
  • Well, I have 4 seats, one pair I have in JJ that we got in hopes to relocate closer to our other seats, but have not been able to do that the last couple years.

Any hawk fans want to purchase more than half the games at season ticket holder price? I was going to post them but noticed people that want season tickets won't get the chance. I would rather have hawk fans obtain them.
    Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
    -Voltaire
    HawkMeat
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:48 am
  • Just curious anyone here who has sideline seats in the 300 section in the single letter rows. How long did it take you to get those seats?

I got my first season tickets for last season, and this season I wasn't able to go down any rows, just move maybe one section closer to the 50 yard line. My end goal would be to be on the sideline view (332-338) somewhere between row K-0, but I'm feeling like at this rate (understandably this is a big year) it's going to take me like 10 years to pull that off.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:30 pm
  • I can't speak for the sidelines but i moved from 328 X to 316 L last year. Not moving this year though...we're unbeaten in those seats. :)
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:52 pm
  • HawkMeat wrote:Well, I have 4 seats, one pair I have in JJ that we got in hopes to relocate closer to our other seats, but have not been able to do that the last couple years.

Any hawk fans want to purchase more than half the games at season ticket holder price? I was going to post them but noticed people that want season tickets won't get the chance. I would rather have hawk fans obtain them.

Where is JJ at exactly? I've only been there a handful of times so I'm not terribly familiar with all the lettering.

But if I am unable to be picked for season tickets this year (should find out in the next two weeks) then I'd surely be interested in doing something like this.
    xkj1985x
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information