Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: #22
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 pm 
NET Veteran

ivotuk wrote:
Dude is FAST! Man he just blows by defenders. Love how Russell recognizes a situation and dumps off the pass in a spit second.

Agreed, another thing I notice about Turbin is not only is he fast like you mentioned, he has a quick burst as well. Great pick by Schneider and PC.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:42 pm 
NET Veteran

Beast Mode 2.2

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 pm 
NET Veteran

I forgot how effective he was this year. He catches like Reggie Bush. Physical, fast, desicive. . Great find in the fourth.

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm 
NET Veteran

Man, this guy could do some serious damage this season. I sure hope he does!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:48 pm 
NET Starter

Sorry...That's a terrible highlight video. I heard exactly zero F-bombs and N-words. If experience has told me anything, it's that every self-respecting highlight video is backed by crappy rap music.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 pm 
NET Starter

I'm a big fan of Robert Turbin. From that highlight reel it is apparent that throughout the season he was an important safety valve, a counter against pressure on Russell. How many hot routes and dump-offs went Turbin's way that he totally delivered on? Many, and that is not to mention the times when he was running the ball right off the snap.

I just hope that adjustments made in the off-season by our opponents won't limit his production or his number being called during blitzes. Dude delivers.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:00 pm 
NET Veteran

Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:02 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Pstark3 wrote:
Pretty good feeling knowing that even if RW and the Beast go down, both their backups could probably win us a majority of our games

Really? I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe at RB, but not at QB.

But think there is still a HUGE drop off from 24 to 22. (and thats no knock against Turbin who I really like a lot).

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:09 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
Pstark3 wrote:

Really? I don't have that feeling at all. Maybe at RB, but not at QB.

But think there is still a HUGE drop off from 24 to 22. (and thats no knock against Turbin who I really like a lot).

With all the weapons we have on this team I feel Quinn could come in the game simply as a game manager and let the play makers make plays.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 pm 
NET Veteran

ivotuk wrote:

...and with incredible touch!

I felt Turbin often played the way a rookie back is expected to play (when spelling a legend in the making); Almost apologetic. Especially early in the year. ML would take a seat and RT would come in and basically hold onto the ball.

Though he obviously had the occaisional highlight run, more times than not it looked like he was either a bit too respectful of the tackler or ML, one or the other....but who could blame him? With a year under his belt he has seen that ML is very unselfish and I think he's gonna' run with similar abandon.
And score!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

Turbin gives as much effort as you'll ever see from a RB. I think that's what stands out the most about him. That and how he's really good at falling forward for extra yards.

Watching his highlights though, I think he's more Maurice Morris than Frank Gore. I know we are pretty set at RB for now with Lynch/Turbin, but when Seattle adds a 3rd RB this year I hope they are looking for a bell cow back with great upside, not just some situational player. Turbin's status as a proven starter down the road is far from settled, so it makes sense to add another starter capable prospect and if that means Turbin eventually becomes an awesome #3 RB, so be it.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]