vin.couve12

Reaction score
[youtube]C6UmX-6m0s8[/youtube]

Newish vid I've seen. It's awesome that we have Hulk if the Beast goes down. The article on the front page suggests ligament Lattimore could be had late. Wouldn't be a bad idea in reality. We'll probably add a talented player possibly with some red flags if they check out. 3rd string RB is up for grabs.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Turbin is pretty good. As a 4th rounder we got a nice, tough, quality back on the cheap. The only major thing he's missing is some patients. Sometimes he runs into tackles. If you watch that highlight reel subjectively you can see what I mean. Also, I don't think Lattimore will still be available when we draft in the 3rd. Lattimore is the most talented back in this draft imo. McGahee and Gore weren't considered as good as Lattimore and they had similar injury issues yet they were off the board before we will draft in the 3rd.

BASF

Reaction score
I fully expected this thread to be about Dave Brown, who was almost as good as Richard Sherman.

I really like Turbin and what he brings. His quickness when he gets the edge hasn't shown up yet for us, but it will soon and a lot of people's heads will turn. As for third string, I think that Lattimore is not the type of "scat" back that I believe we will be looking for.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I think had Lynch gone down last year, Turbin would have stepped in and done well. Granted he's a rook and is going to run into a few tackles but I think that vision will come to him as he adjusts to the speed of the NFL. Guy is fast up the hole, and well all know he is strong.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Good find, thanks for that!

Geez, from this video it feels like Turbin averaged at least 10 yards per carry and 10 yards per reception! He does an excellent job of finding the first down marker consistently, too. I'm really high on Turbo so I'm hoping that the older Marshawn gets, the more looks start going Turbo's way to keep the Beast as fresh as possible.

I'm expecting quite a few blowout victories this season. I would love to see a ton of Robert Turbin in garbage time this season.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I just hope he's been working hard this offseason developing his biceps! Seriously, I'd like to see Kaepernick try to kiss his biceps while standing side by side next to Turbin.

NYCoug - In addition to the high likelihood for blowout victories, I have a feeling that the Seahawks' point differential will rank in the top-5 all time once the regular season ends. I'm that optimistic.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Turbin is a great player. Infact I'd go so far as to say the best backup we've had since I've been following the team (2003). He's way better than Mo Morris. I love his power and his burst. He really get's going. I can't wait to see him score his first TD (It's amazing he wasn't able to get into the endzone last year).

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Turbin was a great pickup.

What's funny though is that my mancrush won't allow me to take my eyes off wilson even in someone else's highlight video and it's incredible to see all the little things he does.

Reaction score
I love how he is always falling forward at the end of his runs. Did a good job of knowing where the first down marker was and getting to it. Not a bad year for the rookie.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Turbin made some great clutch catches last season, he should only get better. Glad he didn't give up the rock at all!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Turbin has such soft hands. It's beautiful to watch him go up and catch a football.

He was also getting ankle-tackled quite a bit in the pre-season and early in the season, but he seemed to correct some of those issues as the year went on.

I really like him as our RB2 and maybe eventual RB1.

EDIT: Also, watching the highlights of the second Arizona game in general is amazing. I can't remember ever seeing running backs not get even touched until once they were seven or eight yards past the line of scrimmage on pretty much every running play of the game. The ball would be snapped and our tackles would blow their D-Linemen about five yards back immediately.

hai

Reaction score
I think as Turbin keeps learning the way Lynch runs with wide feet, he will be able to break some tackles with that huge arms of his. I've noticed in the beinning Turbin within the fist contact would almost stumble or trip up, by the Playoffs and with that last run on the vid, he did a nice cut and broke several tackles with that wide base that Lynch does, Turbin is also fast, going to be fun watching him in the future.

cacksman

Reaction score
That was beastly, Turbin is a legit 3 down back. I don't think we need to spend another pick 2-4 round on a RB, unless someone like Michael is there in the 4th.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He had a pretty nice year. I wish he had gotten in the end zone. What I REALLY wish is that he had caught that would-be TD going down the sideline in San Fran

Oh well. I don't think he is really that close to being on Lynch's level, but he is a fine backup. He could likely put up high quality stats playing full time on this offense.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
when we first got him I didnt realize how fast he was but he knows how to turn it up during game time.

That last play against the Falcons was really big

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I might be the only one, but dude looks like Emmitt Smith in some of those highlights.

I remember wanting Chris Polk, last year, but I'm glad the Seahawks picked up Turbin.

bellingerga

Reaction score
I think we're sitting on a gold Mine having Turbin. He just seems explosive, patient, and a playmaker. I really feel like he's going to stun alot of people when it's finally his turn to take the lead.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This kind of stuff is why I feel the Seahawks are going to be good for an extended period of time. Carroll plays rookies that perform. With that, comes experience and depth. As veterans age or take big FA contracts, there will be a successor in many spots. Turbin is a player, the guy is going to have some carries and he is already contributing. He does remind me of Emmitt Smith, with a little more of both Power and Speed.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2paemlrg said:
I might be the only one, but dude looks like Emmitt Smith in some of those highlights.

I remember wanting Chris Polk, last year, but I'm glad the Seahawks picked up Turbin.

You're not the only one, I think that about Turbin nearly every time I see him play.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Turbin is great for this offense and I expect he will just keep getting better over the next couple years while he gets more opportunities.

Latest posts