Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:23 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2216
In 2005 when the season was about half over, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle
Last year when we were getting hot and looked to be a playoff contender, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle.

Third time's a charm, right?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4306
Seattle - 13-3
St. Louis - 10-6
San Fran - 7-9
Arizona - 4-12

:mrgreen:

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
jlwaters1 wrote:
The Outfield wrote:
13-3 Hawks
12-4 Niners
9-7 Rams
6-10 Cards

I could see the Hawks and Niners swapping. I think it depends on how each of the rookie QBs do in their second year.


Kaepernick will be in his 3rd year.


Yes but I'd still call him a rookie last year since he only played for 5 pass attempts the previous year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:05 pm
Posts: 2070
Location: Kenmore WA
Hawks 13-3
49ers 11-5
Rams 10-6
Cards 5-11

I think the 49ers regress a little, but watch out for those Rams,...Fisher is a good coach !


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Hawknballs wrote:
In 2005 when the season was about half over, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle
Last year when we were getting hot and looked to be a playoff contender, my SB prediction was Denver/Seattle.

Third time's a charm, right?


Well, Denver does have the easiest strength of schedule (based on last year's teams) so I'd say they have a better chance of making it for that reason.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 am
Posts: 18
Location: Long Island, NY
Hawks: 14-2 * 1 Seed
Whiners: 12-4 # 5 Seed
Lambs: 9-7 (outside bubble looking in)
Turds: 4-12

TIME TO TAKE BACK WHAT'S RIGHTFULLY OURS!!! GO HAWKS

_________________
"We’re gonna reach down, grab grass, and go hat on hat.” - Chuck Knox


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:12 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:40 pm
Posts: 80
Hawks 12-4
49ers 9-7
Rams 8-8
Cards 4-12

TBH, I have a feeling that either the Hawks or the 49ers are going below 10 wins. I know the 49ers are a power house, some of the analysts have them as the #1 team. It just feels like one of us isn't making it to 10 this year.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:49 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:25 pm
Posts: 57
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

You make me sick.

.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:52 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Bay Area, CA
Seahawks 14-2
49ers 10-6
Rams 7-9
Cardinals 6-10

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3181
After that last post, I want to say 8-8 just to give bobk3333 a stroke.

Hawks 12-4. Until we get more consistent on the road, I can't go 14-2 or 13-3 which is what my gut feeling says.
Niners 11-5. We might split with them. The Rams for sure will split with them. That's 2-3 losses right there.
Rams 9-7. The talent is there, and with another year in the system, Fisher will have them ready. They aren't intimidated by a tough division.
Cards. 6-10. Palmer will be good for a few more wins, but they better shore up that OL in the draft as Carson isn't that mobile.

I have us going 8-0 at home. As a division, we could see both Wildcard berths. It would be tough as the first tiebreak is divisional record, but if we beat up everyone else outside of the division it's possible. I think it would be ironic....just a few years ago, we were the first divison to send it's divisional champion to the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and now we could be the first division to have 3 teams go to the playoffs.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2216
You're a buzz-kill if you think your football team will go 13-3 and clinch the #1 seed and feel like your estimate is being conservative?

Okay then.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:11 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
Posts: 207
Location: ..Location..Location
bobk3333 wrote:
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

You make me sick.

.


gotta admire the gusto...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 am
Posts: 83
Hawks46 wrote:

just a few years ago, we were the first divison to send it's divisional champion to the playoffs with a 7-9 record, and now we could be the first division to have 3 teams go to the playoffs.


That actually has happened at least one other time that I know of. In 2007 the Cowboys, Redskins, and Giants all made the playoffs. I'm not sure but it might have happened one other time aside from that.

_________________
"FIGHT MILK! The first alcoholic, dairy based, protein drink - for bodyguards, by bodyguards." - Mac


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
bobk3333 wrote:
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

You make me sick.

.

nice second post..you came out firing with both barrels.... hope you're right....

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:08 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 219
Hasselbeck wrote:
Seattle - 13-3
St. Louis - 10-6
San Fran - 7-9
Arizona - 4-12

:mrgreen:

I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

7-9? That's just dumb.

On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

Anywho:
49ers 12-4
Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
St Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

-Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
-St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
-SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.

_________________
JSeahawks wrote:
We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:34 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 am
Posts: 1012
Location: Olympia
I think the Rams will surpass the Niners this year.

The Seahawks will expand on dominating the last 8 games last year. I honestly can't predict a single loss though if i had to bet on 1 it would be at St. Louis.

I don't feel like the 9ers offense scares anyone and the Rams pass rush is the difference between those 2 teams. I also think the worst QB in the division plays for the 9er's.

Seatte 14-2
Rams 11-5
9er's 10-6
Cards 8-8

_________________
"I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4258
1: San Fran 12-4 (hard games at home, easy games on the road)
2: Seattle 10-6 (schedule maker screws us with multi 10 am east coast games and short weeks vs divisional opponents)
3: Rams 10-6
4 Arizona 7-9

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3309
Location: WA
Seattle 12-4 (5-3 road, 7-1 home)
San Fran 12-4
St. Louis 10-6
Arizona 6-10

Realistic side of me: This is the NFL, we were very lucky w/ injuries during the regular season last year (and fortunate that browner's suspension spanned 3/4 sub-par teams).

Homer side of me: This is a smokin' hot team we're looking at in '13. Probably be a couple of close calls but more than a couple of blowouts.

Personally, I think we should be talking about how many TDs Quinn or Turbin are going to get during garbage time next year as Seattle is clearly not going to let the 49ers win the division again for the foreseeable future. :49ersmall:

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:25 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7851
Seattle 11-5
Niners 11-5
Rams 9-7
Cards 4-12


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:55 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
60niners wrote:
Hasselbeck wrote:
Seattle - 13-3
St. Louis - 10-6
San Fran - 7-9
Arizona - 4-12

:mrgreen:

I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

7-9? That's just dumb.

On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

Anywho:
49ers 12-4
Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
St Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

-Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
-St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
-SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.


Pssh... :177692: You're a 49ers fan, you're clearly biased! :mrgreen:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7707
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
Seahawks 12-4
49ers 10-6 (wildcard)
Rams 8-8
Cardinals 5-11

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:40 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 85
Location: Selah, Washington
bobk3333 wrote:
Seattle Seahawks 16-0
Arizona Cardinals 11-5
San Fran 10-6
St Louis Rams 8-8

I am sick and tired of this 14-2, 13-3 garbage.

You people are too negative, just as you were about Russell Wilson before last season.

Open your friggin eyes. This is a great team that will dominate.

This season will be the biggest thing to hit Seattle since the '79 Supersonics - bigger than the 2001 Mariners, because this team will go all the way as the most dominant NFL team ever.

You people make me sick. I don't even want to be around people who aren't capable of seeing how good the Seahawks are. You are buzz-kills. You are not true Seahawk fans. You should not be allowed to wear #12. You shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Century Link.

This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. It should be obvious how good this team is. Get your acts together, or get out. We don't want you jumping on our bandwagon after it becomes clear how dominant they are.

You make me sick.

.



LMAO! Geeezuz Keeryste! :2:

_________________
GO SEAHAWKS!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 219
The Outfield wrote:
60niners wrote:

Pssh... :177692: You're a 49ers fan, you're clearly biased! :mrgreen:

Well duh lol :mrgreen:

_________________
JSeahawks wrote:
We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2263
60niners wrote:
-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home


Pssssht, whilst that may be true, look at last season again:

We won 4 roads games and lost 6
In the 6 losses we had the lead with less than 2 minutes to go three times, had the ball in the redzone for a potential winning TD (and managed to drops also), and played badly in 2 games (Rams and 49ers), and still lost both by a combined 13 points.

We're not far off of being a GOOD road team (not just a decent road team, but one that is expected to win wherever they play), and when the additions of Avril and Bennett tackle what was a huge weakness (particularly in the 3 matches we were leading with <2 minutes to go) and a bona fide playmaker, that should come to fruition this year


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:15 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4306
Location: Auburn, WA
60niners wrote:
SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D



There isn't an "UNLESS" that gets the Niners a win in the CLink. It just isn't going to happen. Regardless of when the game is played. :stirthepot:

I can "see" things too. In fact, I can "see" the Niners opening up at the Clink and being choked out so bad that the Hawks send the Niners into a downward spiral of futility that will make the 2010 losing streak look like a title run. Then, right when the Niners think they are recovering the Hawks will slap them down again to celebrate never again having to play in that dump called the stick.

:49ersmall:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:22 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
The Outfield wrote:
60niners wrote:
Hasselbeck wrote:
Seattle - 13-3
St. Louis - 10-6
San Fran - 7-9
Arizona - 4-12

:mrgreen:

I want to answer this thread seriously but posts like this make it hard to not just start talking trash.

7-9? That's just dumb.

On to seriousness, I DO think the 49ers will win the division again, but I believe it will probably be the same effect as last season; either at/or tied with Seattle record-wise. Some of these 14(+) win predictions are.... well...

Anywho:
49ers 12-4
Seattle 12-4 or 11-5
St Louis 8-8
Arizona 6-10

-Arizona will need another season or so to climb out of their funk.
-St Louis will play really tough against SF and Seattle but will lose some serious head-scratchers to bottom-feeding teams.
-Seattle still does not play nearly as well on the road as they do at home
-SF will likely split with Seattle, UNLESS, the game in Seattle is early in the year, in which case I could see SF taking both games :D

Seattle has had a great off-season so far, and appear to have improved on paper. The Niners have also had a pretty good off-season, and in every position but 1 have improved; if they draft a top-flight safety, I'd feel confident saying that the loss of Goldson would be less crucial.


Pssh... :177692: You're a 49ers fan, you're clearly biased! :mrgreen:

AND... you've borderline broken a forum rule. Attack the post, not the poster. You sort of did both. To me, comes across that you've called someone dumb.
Others have scoffed at such suggestions when they have superiority complexes like your team and your fanbase does. Just an overall opinion (shared by many and from multiple teams), not a singular, personal attack. ;) I could honestly see a 49ers fade because other teams will have a recipe for how to beat the Niners + will bring everything they've got Any Given Sunday to beat a team who was in the Super Bowl. On the other hand, no team blew out the Seahawks last year and isn't prone to getting blasted occasionally like the Niners. Something is going on there to have that happen and teams will be looking to capitalize on those weaknesses. The Rams are well coached and have talent. The 49ers couldn't beat them last year. I'm not one for predictions... but, I will not be surprised to see the 49ers finish 3rd in the division. CK is a running QB who can throw. I think he's going to get figured out. Russell Wilson is a QB who can scramble. There's a difference and, thus, RW is the superior QB... by far. Once this happens, KC starts looking like geniuses in that trade and the rest of the league has their way with SF. It's not uncommon that a QB is found out to merely be the flavor of the month. Again, I'm not predicting it. I just think there are enough Questions regarding the chemistry of SF going into a new season that it's not absurd to suggest the Rams could overtake them for 2nd place. I think you, 60Niners, might consider an apology to one Hasselbeck.

There you go.

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:36 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5468
Location: Kansas City, MO
Seahawks 12-4
49ers 11-5
Rams 8-8
Cardinals 6-10

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 219
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
AND... you've borderline broken a forum rule. Attack the post, not the poster. You sort of did both. To me, comes across that you've called someone dumb.
Others have scoffed at such suggestions when they have superiority complexes like your team and your fanbase does. Just an overall opinion (shared by many and from multiple teams), not a singular, personal attack. ;) I could honestly see a 49ers fade because other teams will have a recipe for how to beat the Niners + will bring everything they've got Any Given Sunday to beat a team who was in the Super Bowl. On the other hand, no team blew out the Seahawks last year and isn't prone to getting blasted occasionally like the Niners. Something is going on there to have that happen and teams will be looking to capitalize on those weaknesses. The Rams are well coached and have talent. The 49ers couldn't beat them last year. I'm not one for predictions... but, I will not be surprised to see the 49ers finish 3rd in the division. CK is a running QB who can throw. I think he's going to get figured out. Russell Wilson is a QB who can scramble. There's a difference and, thus, RW is the superior QB... by far. Once this happens, KC starts looking like geniuses in that trade and the rest of the league has their way with SF. It's not uncommon that a QB is found out to merely be the flavor of the month. Again, I'm not predicting it. I just think there are enough Questions regarding the chemistry of SF going into a new season that it's not absurd to suggest the Rams could overtake them for 2nd place. I think you, 60Niners, might consider an apology to one Hasselbeck.

There you go.

I believe I did attack the post. I didn't say "you're dumb", I said the idea that the 49ers would finish 7-9 was dumb to me.

I could see a 49ers fade also, just as much as I can see a Seattle fade. Personally I think the Niners were better in 2011 than they were in 2012. Surprised everyone in 2011, played with hunger and fire and then more often than I care to remember played very flat in 2012. For your sake, hope the Seahawks don't do the same thing (and don't say that it's impossible).

There's no recipe for beating the 49ers as much as there is a recipe for beating any team. The entire league has had 10 years of film on the Patriots and that hasn't worked yet. When the team is good at what they do, it's the other team's job to be better at stopping it. Hopefully the 49ers are better at doing what they do this year than the other team who is trying to stop it. I don't think they're trying to deceive anyone with their scheme.

Lastly, personally I think CK is a pocket passer who also happens to be sensational at running. If he couldn't run at all, he'd still be a great passer. He's got a strong arm and great touch when he needs it. I'm not really sure what questions you were referring to regarding the 49ers going into this season?? The only question I have as a fan who follows them very closely is at the safety position.

loafoftatupu wrote:
There isn't an "UNLESS" that gets the Niners a win in the CLink. It just isn't going to happen. Regardless of when the game is played. :stirthepot:


You have to understand that as I write this post from my biased standpoint, I still view the 49ers as the better team. So it's not illogical to me that they can beat the Seahawks in Seattle.

They've won there in 2006 and 2008 when they were much worse teams...
And of course they won there in 2011 when Seattle was on an upswing.

_________________
JSeahawks wrote:
We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4306
Location: Auburn, WA
60niners wrote:

There's no recipe for beating the 49ers as much as there is a recipe for beating any team.



Wrong.

Physical defense and balanced offense.

Worked for the Giants, Vikings, Rams, Seahawks and I don't need to remind you of the Ravens.

Niners thrash teams that are one dimensional, which is a large portion of the league. Pats, Packers, Saints, Lions, Bears. Pound on the Jets, Bills, Cards and such, but even the Dolphins at the Stick, kind of gave the Niners a game with that method of attack.

The opponent doesn't have to be exceptional with their offense, just "good" enough in both aspects to force the Niners into playing straight up defense. If you are a pass-happy team, the Niners will kill your QB, if you are a power run team, the Niners will stuff the middle and contain on the edge, but if you can have something resembling success in both? Now you are working that defense and keeping that offense on the sidelines. When they come out out of rhythm against your physical defense, you can be disruptive and create problems for the Niners.

Its no secret, it works against most teams, but if the Niners are going to lose, that is how.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
60Niners:

for every ridiculous prediction post you find on here, you'll find 10 on your sites...

As far as we're still a bad road team... unless you have an actual working crystal ball or something, how do you possibly know what type of team we'll be on the road next season... spectulation? hopeful thinking? or are you just going off history ?

Where we've improved (not on paper) but actual real life, with the signing of Harvin, Winfield, and the D Line we have strengthend an already strong team, whether that pans out throughout the season , time will tell.. injuries/off field problems happen unfortunately.

niners have also made some moves , however you have yet to strengthen the weakest part of your team, your secondary, which has actually gotten worse in the off season.. we've kept our team intact for the most part and improved our recieving core (dramatically), where you've weakend your defensive backfield... i would say Seattle has the advantage at this point... and i don't see you bringing in a hot shot rookie from the draft to take over at safety and have any real impact in his first year?

how will the niners over come these disadvantages?

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:28 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 am
Posts: 238
How is anyone predicting us to do worst or the same as last year with all the additions we've made, I think we will be at least 13-3


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
Posts: 2504
Location: South of Heaven
I like what Fischer is doing for the Rams.
Sam Bradford is not in opinion the quarterback that gets the franchise back into the black.

eight and eight

Carson Palmer will pad Sherman's stats.
There defense will be less formidable.

six and ten

The Niners will be real good again and will be good as their defense. The Smiths health with be a major factor.

eleven and five

The Seahawks will be better offensively as a surprise rookie tight end makes his bid for the pro bowl. However the d line has many new components and takes eight games to get sordid out.

eleven and five Superbowl Champs.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:16 pm 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10155
Location: Vancouver, WA
Atradees wrote:
I like what Fischer is doing for the Rams.
Sam Bradford is not in opinion the quarterback that gets the franchise back into the black.

eight and eight

...........

The Lambs are really tough for me to get a handle on as I agree with what you say here. Fisher is a helluva coach and judge of talent but I just don't see Bradford as ever being a championship caliber QB. On the other hand, their defense is quite good too. A very tough team to predict IMO.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
Posts: 2504
Location: South of Heaven
yes. They added a good left tackle too.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
Posts: 3309
Location: WA
Atradees wrote:
yes. They added a good left tackle too.


They picked up Long didn't they? Good left tackle can make a big difference, obviously.

Rams could surprise a lot of ppl this year.

_________________
RockHawk wrote:
This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:00 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 109
I'd love to say 12-4. But really, I see 10-6 with the 5th or 6th seed. That is a brutal schedule.

_________________
It is what it is...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
60niners wrote:

I believe I did attack the post. I didn't say "you're dumb", I said the idea that the 49ers would finish 7-9 was dumb to me.

Well, words don't just write themselves, pal. Someone wrote it and you called it dumb. Just like this poor justification instead of admitting you're wrong... you couldn't write fast enough to disagree with everything I said about how poster Hasselbeck's prediction could actually happen. Your basic comeback is, "Oh Yeah?" I believe another poster did you a service of further sizing up what you can expect come this season with the recipe to beat the 49ers that you just don't want to believe. I'm not even going to try with you or other 49er fans anymore. Why are you even in our forum? You only seem to be contributing what Seahawks fans loathe about your fanbase.

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:00 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:38 pm
Posts: 1111
Man, this will most likely be the best Seahawks team to step on the field.... well, ever. My hope are a lot higher, even against playing in the toughest division on the NFL and with all those east coast road games this season.

Seahawks 16-0, GIVE ME MY DAG GONE SHOOTIN' SUPERBOWL WIN!!!
San Franciso Who-Cares
St. Louis Good-Luck
Arizona Child-Please


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:45 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 219
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
60niners wrote:

I believe I did attack the post. I didn't say "you're dumb", I said the idea that the 49ers would finish 7-9 was dumb to me.

Well, words don't just write themselves, pal. Someone wrote it and you called it dumb. Just like this poor justification instead of admitting you're wrong... you couldn't write fast enough to disagree with everything I said about how poster Hasselbeck's prediction could actually happen. Your basic comeback is, "Oh Yeah?" I believe another poster did you a service of further sizing up what you can expect come this season with the recipe to beat the 49ers that you just don't want to believe. I'm not even going to try with you or other 49er fans anymore. Why are you even in our forum? You only seem to be contributing what Seahawks fans loathe about your fanbase.

Because this thread was about NFCW predictions, and I gave mine. This thread wasn't started so the Niner fan can cause a ruckus and make everyone get defensive. SOOOOO... If I keep responding in kind, it completely derails the topic at hand.

But since you insist, I'll try to make it quick:

The "recipe" that loafoftatupu elaborated on in my opinion is just a general outline for playing good football. It works on every team in the league; I hardly see that as the secret code to beating the 49ers. Every team can be beat, as evidenced by only two undefeated regular seasons in NFL history (not AFL or AAFC or anything else). The "recipe" for beating good teams is to play better than them - play good solid football.... But I suppose I'll concede a bit and say that there are certain styles of play that work better against certain teams.

Everything you stated as fact that I can expect, is nothing but subjective conjecture, so what's the point in me arguing with it? You can have your opinion, I don't hate you for it and I don't intend to rob you of it either. I disagree with you, and I stated why, but I will not lose sleep over it.

Just as you say, "Well, words don't just write themselves, pal", how do you suppose I am to attack the post not the user, if attacking the post IS attacking the user because words don't just write themselves pal? Just sayin. If you want to know why I'm here, PM me. I enjoy my time here and prefer to be a contributor not a distraction.

_________________
JSeahawks wrote:
We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
60niners wrote:
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
60niners wrote:

I believe I did attack the post. I didn't say "you're dumb", I said the idea that the 49ers would finish 7-9 was dumb to me.

Well, words don't just write themselves, pal. Someone wrote it and you called it dumb. Just like this poor justification instead of admitting you're wrong... you couldn't write fast enough to disagree with everything I said about how poster Hasselbeck's prediction could actually happen. Your basic comeback is, "Oh Yeah?" I believe another poster did you a service of further sizing up what you can expect come this season with the recipe to beat the 49ers that you just don't want to believe. I'm not even going to try with you or other 49er fans anymore. Why are you even in our forum? You only seem to be contributing what Seahawks fans loathe about your fanbase.

Because this thread was about NFCW predictions, and I gave mine. This thread wasn't started so the Niner fan can cause a ruckus and make everyone get defensive. SOOOOO... If I keep responding in kind, it completely derails the topic at hand.

But since you insist, I'll try to make it quick:

The "recipe" that loafoftatupu elaborated on in my opinion is just a general outline for playing good football. It works on every team in the league; I hardly see that as the secret code to beating the 49ers. Every team can be beat, as evidenced by only two undefeated regular seasons in NFL history (not AFL or AAFC or anything else). The "recipe" for beating good teams is to play better than them - play good solid football.... But I suppose I'll concede a bit and say that there are certain styles of play that work better against certain teams.

Everything you stated as fact that I can expect, is nothing but subjective conjecture, so what's the point in me arguing with it? You can have your opinion, I don't hate you for it and I don't intend to rob you of it either. I disagree with you, and I stated why, but I will not lose sleep over it.

Just as you say, "Well, words don't just write themselves, pal", how do you suppose I am to attack the post not the user, if attacking the post IS attacking the user because words don't just write themselves pal? Just sayin. If you want to know why I'm here, PM me. I enjoy my time here and prefer to be a contributor not a distraction.

:34853_doh: It's no "secret". Your team can be beat. Teams will know how to game plan against the 49ers. They are a talented team and have a chance to be a factor. But, to simply dismiss the Rams as not having a chance to overtake them... you're arguing for that possibility while at the same time saying there's no way it will happen (or in your words, dumb to suggest it.) The things I had to say are not simply subjective conjecture as you say. I gave reasons why it's not far fetched. They are real factors. I'm no "all-knowing" being and never suggested such a thing. All we have beyond our opinions is reasoned arguments. You dismiss my reasoned arguments as subjective conjecture. To say it's nothing but subjective conjecture isn't exactly so. Further, it's Bad form. You haven't exactly pulled the rug out from under my argument as you think. Others have tried to reason with you, but I haven't seen you really grant any point as valid. The only points you wish to hear are those that would speak of your teams superiority. How is that contributing? I would personally not be going onto a 49er board in the first place... but, if I did - I certainly wouldn't be carrying on as you are doing. Who is going onto 49er boards and asking you guys to come here to contribute? Or, are you doing us a favor?

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:02 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm
Posts: 219
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
:34853_doh: It's no "secret". Your team can be beat. Teams will know how to game plan against the 49ers. They are a talented team and have a chance to be a factor. But, to simply dismiss the Rams as not having a chance to overtake them... you're arguing for that possibility while at the same time saying there's no way it will happen (or in your words, dumb to suggest it.) The things I had to say are not simply subjective conjecture as you say. I gave reasons why it's not far fetched. They are real factors. I'm no "all-knowing" being and never suggested such a thing. All we have beyond our opinions is reasoned arguments. You dismiss my reasoned arguments as subjective conjecture. To say it's nothing but subjective conjecture isn't exactly so. Further, it's Bad form. You haven't exactly pulled the rug out from under my argument as you think. Others have tried to reason with you, but I haven't seen you really grant any point as valid. The only points you wish to hear are those that would speak of your teams superiority. How is that contributing? I would personally not be going onto a 49er board in the first place... but, if I did - I certainly wouldn't be carrying on as you are doing. Who is going onto 49er boards and asking you guys to come here to contribute? Or, are you doing us a favor?

Yes, the 49ers can be planned for, and the simple point I was attempting to make was that the Pats can be planned for as well, but that doesn't mean that the other team always wins because they know the plan or recipe.

You took subjective conjecture out of context, it was not meant to be derogatory. It is in fact subjective conjecture because until it's proven, all it would be is theories and guesses. It wasn't a slight against you: because 60niners does not attack other posters. (Cue OMFG now the whiner fan talks in third person!!1!!) The reason I did not address the other points was because there are just too many... If I addressed every post that was just directed to me it would completely detract from the point of the thread. NFCW predictions. Not, badger 60niners. If you all want to make another thread, a "ask the goofy whiner fan" thread, ask me any question you want and I'll take my time to respond in a thoughtful and insightful manner - but personally I don't think it belongs here. That, would be bad form.

_________________
JSeahawks wrote:
We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
60niners wrote:
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
:34853_doh: It's no "secret". Your team can be beat. Teams will know how to game plan against the 49ers. They are a talented team and have a chance to be a factor. But, to simply dismiss the Rams as not having a chance to overtake them... you're arguing for that possibility while at the same time saying there's no way it will happen (or in your words, dumb to suggest it.) The things I had to say are not simply subjective conjecture as you say. I gave reasons why it's not far fetched. They are real factors. I'm no "all-knowing" being and never suggested such a thing. All we have beyond our opinions is reasoned arguments. You dismiss my reasoned arguments as subjective conjecture. To say it's nothing but subjective conjecture isn't exactly so. Further, it's Bad form. You haven't exactly pulled the rug out from under my argument as you think. Others have tried to reason with you, but I haven't seen you really grant any point as valid. The only points you wish to hear are those that would speak of your teams superiority. How is that contributing? I would personally not be going onto a 49er board in the first place... but, if I did - I certainly wouldn't be carrying on as you are doing. Who is going onto 49er boards and asking you guys to come here to contribute? Or, are you doing us a favor?

Yes, the 49ers can be planned for, and the simple point I was attempting to make was that the Pats can be planned for as well, but that doesn't mean that the other team always wins because they know the plan or recipe.

You took subjective conjecture out of context, it was not meant to be derogatory. It is in fact subjective conjecture because until it's proven, all it would be is theories and guesses. It wasn't a slight against you: because 60niners does not attack other posters. (Cue OMFG now the whiner fan talks in third person!!1!!) The reason I did not address the other points was because there are just too many... If I addressed every post that was just directed to me it would completely detract from the point of the thread. NFCW predictions. Not, badger 60niners. If you all want to make another thread, a "ask the goofy whiner fan" thread, ask me any question you want and I'll take my time to respond in a thoughtful and insightful manner - but personally I don't think it belongs here. That, would be bad form.

Never said "the other team always wins". Just a point that was originally made that you misunderstood, didn't like, and got all bunched up over. You don't like the thought that your team may not be as unbeatable as your fan base might think. You're jumping to conclusion after conclusion because someone dared to disagree with you? Again, how is this contributing to discussion of THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS in this .net fan MAIN FORUM? This is not about the 49ers. This main forum is about THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS. Go Hawks!

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:36 am 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4306
Location: Auburn, WA
60niners wrote:

The "recipe" that loafoftatupu elaborated on in my opinion is just a general outline for playing good football. It works on every team in the league; I hardly see that as the secret code to beating the 49ers.


That why I said that it is no secret and that it works against most teams. However, it works against the Niners consistently and their are not many teams that can do it. Seattle IS one of those teams.

Since you pointed out that there wasn't a recipe for the Niners, I would be interested in seeing what the recipe to beating the Hawks is. It isn't that same thing as the Niners. With the exception of NYG, who Seattle didn't play, the teams that beat the Niners lost to the Seahawks.

There was nothing consistent enough to develop a "recipe". In 3 of their losses, the Hawks defense allowed a few last minute/second scores, but that is hardly a recipe. I just couldn't come up with anything consistent, where with the Noners, it could be easily identified.

_________________
Image


Last edited by loafoftatupu on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:37 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
Posts: 1619
Location: Spokangeles
Seahawks 12-4
Niners 11-5
Rams 9-7
Cards 8-8

All teams come out black and bruised after playing each other. We sweep at home, lose to the Rams and Niners away. Three NFC West teams in the Playoffs (choke on THAT East Coast Media!).

_________________
...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
loafoftatupu wrote:
60niners wrote:

The "recipe" that loafoftatupu elaborated on in my opinion is just a general outline for playing good football. It works on every team in the league; I hardly see that as the secret code to beating the 49ers.


That why I said that it is no secret and that it works against most teams. However, it works against the Niners consistently and their are not many teams that can do it. Seattle IS one of those teams.

Since you pointed out that there wasn't a recipe for the Niners, I would be interested in seeing what the recipe to beating the Hawks is. It isn't that same thing as the Niners. With the exception of NYG, who Seattle didn't play, the teams that beat the Niners lost to the Seahawks.

There was nothing consistent enough to develop a "recipe". In 3 of their losses, the Hawks defense allowed a few last minute/second scores, but that is hardly a recipe. I just couldn't come up with anything consistent, where with the Noners, it could be easily identified.

Yup. Well said once again. You shouldn't have needed to clarify, but great job. Excellent points.

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:41 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Orlando, Florida
Seahawks 13-3
Rams 10-6
Niners 10-6
Cards 7-9


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:12 am 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:40 am
Posts: 52
Location: Phoenix, AZ
I see a stuble with Carolina and SF in the first 2 weeks, then we get it figured out,


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2269
good grief guys give the guy a break. Of course he love his 49ers and beleives they are the better team. Infact All of the pundits on NFL network picked the 49ers because "They've gotten better this offseason." Only Brian Baldinger picked Seattle to make the Super Bowl. There argument is they've added Bolden and Nnamdi (as if both are still elite players, and not on the tail end of their careers.

Forgetting to mention they lost their best Safety in Goldson, As far as I can tell their starting DT in Issac Sopoago and his backup Rickey Jean Francios. They also lost Their valuable H-back in Delanie Walker. IMO Opinion this all nets out to zero as you gains matches your losses.

Meanwhile Seattle loses Branch, but picks up Harvin, Avril, Bennett, and Winfield, and that to me is a Significant upgrade. A major positive wheras the 49ers moves were a net change of 0 or perhaps a modest + gain. (But I think that's very debatable)


At any case Seattle will be a better team this year. I would be sorely disappointed if we didn't win 7 of 8 home games, I think we've got a shot at repeating last year's 8-0 mark. The toughest road games will be ATL, 49ers, NYG, HOU. The rest are less concerning.

I think Seattle can go 14-2

49ers- 11-5
STL- 9-7
AZ- 7-9

I think the thing that bothers me most about the 49ers is the UNBELEIVABLE HYPE Kaepernick is getting from the Media. Sure he helped smack the Bears before they fell apart. But the narative the media is putting out is that Kaepernick was unstoppable last year and that teams could only hope to contain this unbeleivable playmaker. The reality is he was far less consistent and dominant as the media would have you beleive.

Examples-- Against the Saints they score 30+ points, but 14 of those were PICK 6's, so in reality the offense AGAINST the worst defense in the league scored a measily 17 points (and won because of th defense). Against the Rams twice. He was stopped pretty effectively. (he played almost the entire game.) Throwing for a measily 117 yards in game 1. Only scored 13 points in the 2nd game. Against, Seattle got destroyed and looked like a lost puppy dog.

As for a way to stop SF. It is my opinion that while Kaepernick is very athletic and fast. I beleive he's more dynamic when running in a straight line. He's got long strides and he can really move. Where he struggles is he lateral quickness and shiftiness moving side to side, in other words his agility. Which is what Wilson excels at. If we can make him move sideways I think he's much easier to contain.

Both teams are good. The first 2 weeks for BOTH teams will be critical. There's agood change after week 2 49ers will be 0-2 and Seattle will be 2-0


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:40 am 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 am
Posts: 1012
Location: Olympia
Loafoftatupu, If it's ok with you i would like to make this sentence,

"I can "see" the Niners opening up at the Clink and being choked out so bad that the Hawks send the Niners into a downward spiral of futility that will make the 2010 losing streak look like a title run."

My new sig. That last part about the making there 6 game chokefest look like a title run is pure hyperbolic beauty.

_________________
"I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 NFC West Predictions
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:54 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 281
Seahawks 12-4
49ers 12-4
Rams 8-8
Cardinals 6-10

Seahawks win tiebreaker due bending the 49ers over and kicking them in their posteriors twice in the season


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.