How close have you been to the NFL? (offseason time waster)

How close to the NFL are you / football experience

• (Mere mortal) Just a fan. Nothing more

Votes: 98 44.5%
  • Played High School Ball

Votes: 66 30.0%
  • Played College Ball

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • NFL player (on a roster at all - even if you never made the 53)

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • I have a friend/family member in the NFL

Votes: 33 15.0%

• Total voters

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
No real point to this, I was just curious what the composition of our community is, as far as football experience. Also list connections you have to the NFL (family members, friends, etc).

For me it would be "mere mortal (just a fan)" - but I have a (very stupid) connection. Wife is friends with the wife of a guy who just got the job as assistant special teams coach with the Jags. So, I am married to a friend of a wife of a coach, whose boss is a former defensive coordinator for the Seahawks. I said it was stupid, but hey.

I regret not trying out for my high school team sometimes. I thought I was too small, but they had a running back that was shorter than me, so I was just being dumb.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have several ex-college players here, and maybe some lurking Seahawks players will fess up :)

Brahn

Reaction score
Got a buddy on the Texans practice squad. We are all hoping he can make the team full time this year. We really were hoping he would get a look up here in Seattle but he is doing well in Houston.

MrCarey

Reaction score
My neighbor, from when I was a little kid until about 16 when I eventually moved, was a starting guard for Virginia Tech, then got picked up by the Packers as an UDFA. He ended up getting hurt, and released, I believe. His name is Jaymes Brooks. Dude is humungous. I also went to high school with Antoine Bethea, but he was more my brother's friend than mine, because I was 2 years behind him.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
I had a friend, two actually, that were in the NFL. Both out of the league now.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I was a high school QB, got sacked 6 times in one game by a dude that had a cup of coffee in the NFL. He went to UW as an offensive linemen then bounced around practice squads and the lower part of team rosters for a few years. Can't remember his name, Whitfield, or Whitman, or something like that.

dbmack

Reaction score
I used to work with someone who is related somehow to Mack Strong's wife. He attends some of their family get togethers and she said he is really a good guy.

Erebus

Reaction score
My closest connection was my high school English teacher was Mac Bledsoe, Drew's dad. Drew didn't go to my school, but his brother Adam did, and he was the star QB as a senior when I was a freshman, so I never actually met him.

AZHawkfan

Reaction score
My high school History teacher was Art Kuehn who played center for the Hawks from 76-83. Thats the closest for me.

seahawks875

Reaction score
I'm a high school football player now and I think I'm gonna be able to go play college ball so my nfl dream is still alive

12thMode

Reaction score
My step father was a Barber, he used to cut Drew Bledsoe's hair when he came in to town (Ballard) to visit his family. He signed a football for me a long time ago, but I can't find it...I think my step father sold it on ebay damn him!

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
My husband (who tries to be as pretty as me but isn't) plays for some team in New England or New Hampshire. One of those states. Don't ask me what he does out there. It's so barbaric.

Cartire

Reaction score
One of my buddies from high school was Cory Procter. He was drafted by the Lions and also played for Dallas.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I played little league baseball with Randall Cobb and highschool football. His parents were my parents childhood best friends so when he comes to town we hang out sometimes. Also. When Peyton was qb for Tennessee they had to do community service to be on the team and Peyton worked at the boys and girls club that my mom was the manager of. When he comes to town sometimes he invites our family to dinner....its a littlw weird though because hes a grown man but still calls my mom "miss Linda".

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Dreadbelch":1roh65co said:
My husband (who tries to be as pretty as me but isn't) plays for some team in New England or New Hampshire. One of those states. Don't ask me what he does out there. It's so barbaric.
Nominated for official :187734: POTD

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I went to Junior High and High School with Brock Huard and Dane Looker. I was always JV while they were a year ahead of me. What was so cool about Brock was he was always a great role model. He was never into clicks and always took time to say hi to youngsters like myself.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I once jammed with Eugene Robinson. He was on sax, I play bass, there were about 7 - 8 musicians there. I didn't realize it was him. I just remember thinking, "Dang, that sax player looks like he's in really good shape!" Afterward, we were introduced. When I shook his hand, it felt like granite. Then I heard his name, and things made more sense.

Reaction score
My grandpa works with John Carlson's uncle. So my brother and I got personalized autographs from him. Also my moms friend, name is Chuck Butler played for the Hawks in 1984 as a linebacker.

Sac

Reaction score
I once took a trip to Vegas with Hass, his brother and sister in law, and Big Walt. Boy could i tell you some stories.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Just a fan here. I was a ****up in high school, so I never played.

No super close, current connections. But I was pretty friendly with Doug Jolley in the 90's. We went to high school together.

A college friend of mine, that i had a major crush on, married John Tait. Ya, I couldn't compete with that shit.