Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Pete Carroll to host 2nd annual Seahawks Town Hall
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:59 am 
* NET Alumni *

Tomorrow night .... May 29th .... what ya gonna ask?

http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/05/28/pete-carroll-to-host-2nd-annual-seahawks-town-hall/

Edit: For those who didn't see the event.

Link to replay of Seahawks Town Hall video >>> http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Seahawks-Town-Hall/9c7faf14-f9e5-4d4d-93a3-3dbb58972276

Last edited by Jville on Thu May 30, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Pete Carroll to host 2nd annual Seahawks Town Hall
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:30 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

"Is the defense ready to hold leads to secure wins?"

Just re-watched some of last seasons games (AGAIN). We "should have" been 13-3 and we had no business losing that game in Atlanta after such a great comeback on the road.

Man...

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:11 pm 
NET Rookie

"What are you guys doing to ensure our Seahawks stay PED free...aside from telling them to poke holes in their pee cups"

bad joke, but "we're doing more than the league minimum" isn't really much info.

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:25 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

FlyingGreg wrote:

Just re-watched some of last seasons games (AGAIN). We "should have" been 13-3 and we had no business losing that game in Atlanta after such a great comeback on the road.

Man...

No offense, but given how our franchise is the envy of the league, don't you think this comes off a little whiny?

Anyway, if I had a question I would probably ask him to explain how he's going to use the SAM position this year, in great detail. The last couple seasons it was basically a run stopping role, but with Irvin and Avril getting looks there that indicates that Seattle probably won't be using a lot of vanilla 4-man rushes from here on out (which is great, if true).

Last edited by kearly on Tue May 28, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:26 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Boxers or briefs?

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:51 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

kearly wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:

Man...

No offense, but given how our franchise is the envy of the league, don't you think this comes off a little whiny?

Anyway, if I had a question I would probably ask him to explain how he's going to use the SAM position this year, in great detail. The last couple seasons it was basically a run stopping role, but with Irvin and Avril getting looks there that indicates that Seattle probably won't be using a lot of vanilla 4-man rushes from here on out (which is great, if true).

Perhaps, but it's an honest question and it's legitimate.

The only franchise that should be the "envy of the league" right now (how does one quantify that statement anyways...? Lol) is the Baltimore Ravens, since they are the defending champs. It does no good to have paper titles and feel-good stuff unless you are doing something with it.

And I sure hope we don't think we are the envy of the league, mostly because that's arrogant homerism but also because it isn't accurate. We may not even be the envy of our own division...for as much attention as the Niners get, we better watch the Rams nipping at our heels. It's a great time to be a Seahawk fan and the future is bright, but we haven't earned anything yet.

There's no way to sugar coat it...our defense screwed the pooch in clutch situations last season. That's undeniable fact. Whether or not it was Pete's fault, Gus's fault, lack of a pass rush, etc...who knows. I'm sure they diagnosed it and want to fix it, and Pete has said as much in interviews the last few months...carefully without throwing anyone under the bus.

And I wouldn't expect Pete to get into specifics on scheme or usage of players/positions. He's very adept at answering questions and being insightful without showing his cards.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:14 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Anyone going?

I was invited this year.

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:12 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm going and my question if allowed to ask it will be

"you and JS have built a dominant roster in record time from parts that don't necessarily fit the majority of schemes and therefore came "cheap". I think we all see a winning blueprint that will soon be heavily copied in a notoriously copycat league. When the league adopts your scheme specific players as its new "prototypes" Do you have flexibility within your preferred schemes to adopt a new direction, especially at expensive positions like CB and DE?"

"I have a lot of things built up in me that I'm ready to unleash on the field.....when it's time to explode, I will." - Percy

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:55 pm 
* NET Alumni *

For those who didn't see the event.

Link to replay of Seahawks Town Hall video >>> http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Seahawks-Town-Hall/9c7faf14-f9e5-4d4d-93a3-3dbb58972276

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]