Carolina wanted Wilson to back up Cam Newton

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Read this and it's pretty pathetic. I love how there have been multiple teams that now claim they wanted Russell.

Carroll and Schneider were the only 2 with the stones to draft him and start him.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Replace that kid from Cam's play 60 commercial with Russell. Yup.

Subzero717

Reaction score
The Carolina personell department doesn't make this anything to brag about. Didn't they fire their GM midseason?

SE174

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2p0hsl2i said:
Replace that kid from Cam's play 60 commercial with Russell. Yup.
:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

nategreat

Reaction score
Probably would have been a good move on their part then. I imagine they could have gotten a LOT for Cam Newton in a trade.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Funny how many front offices are coming out of the woodwork to say they recognized Wilson's talent in an attempt to save face. I call B.S. Wilson never even ran read option in college, and now Carolina wants to say he's the guy they wanted as their read option back up. Right. They probably never even scouted the kid based on his height.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
**BREAKING NEWS**

The Seahawks would have taken Peyton Manning if he were available at their pick in the 98 draft.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wilson would have taken the top spot from Newton.

But if you were able to put Wilson's head on Cam's body... that would be just rediculous.

pinksheets

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ku6fnoq said:
**BREAKING NEWS**

The Seahawks would have taken Peyton Manning if he were available at their pick in the 98 draft.
I heard they were also heavily considering Andrew Luck at the #12 spot in last year's draft.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
I believe it. I think the Panthers had more pressing needs with their 3rd round pick than a back up QB though. Cam isn't a bad QB like some uninformed people believe. The guy did have 27 TD's last year. He's never missed a game, and he's more of a running threat than Wilson. Yes, he pouts like a baby and he's not the leader most would want but he didn't play bad enough last year to be benched either. It worked out for Wilson.

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":1nfgi35r said:
I believe it. I think the Panthers had more pressing needs with their 3rd round pick than a back up QB though. Cam isn't a bad QB like some uninformed people believe. The guy did have 27 TD's last year. He's never missed a game, and he's more of a running threat than Wilson. Yes, he pouts like a baby and he's not the leader most would want but he didn't play bad enough last year to be benched either. It worked out for Wilson.
Ummmm... who, in the history of the world, has ever uttered the words, "Cam is a bad QB"? No one. Ever.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
MissoulaHawk":5x0jryka said:
Stoned Cold":5x0jryka said:
Ummmm... who, in the history of the world, has ever uttered the words, "Cam is a bad QB"? No one. Ever.

Fine I'll rephrase it for you. He isn't as bad as some people think. I was misquoted like Richard Sherman. I said it in generalization and you took it literally.

two dog

Reaction score
Everybody knew all about Wilson and the Seahawks were stupid to wait until the
third to pick him. If they were so smart, why didn't the Seahawks take him in
the first and blah, blah blah, blah.

Everyone would like to draft using a season's hindsight. I look at Seattle's draft
last year and it still seems like something you would make up if you were blue skying.