Old Seahawks Joke..

zayden185

Reaction score
the topic of Seahawks rushmore made me think of this...for some was before your time so please forgive me if you dont get it

What was the most common phrase said during the 80's around Seattle Sports bars?

The Radish

Reaction score
zayden185":1ghlnfe1 said:
the topic of Seahawks rushmore made me think of this...for some was before your time so please forgive me if you dont get it

What was the most common phrase said during the 80's around Seattle Sports bars?

The city of Spokane wants an NFL team but the league won't allow it because then Seattle would want one.

That's one I remember.

Unless you're referring to Zorn to Largent.

Axx

Reaction score
Is it, its sleepless in seattle?

drdiags

Reaction score
"Knox Tawks Hawks!"

Knox was my boy but I wanted to take that clicker and stomp it when he had his weekly show on King 5 (or was that Komo with Bruce King?).

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Radish":29mqmzbl said:
zayden185":29mqmzbl said:

The city of Spokane wants an NFL team but the league won't allow it because then Seattle would want one.

That's one I remember.

Unless you're referring to Zorn to Largent.

LOL! That is funny (now).

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
i got this one after are super bowl from steelers fans

how do the seahawks tell time

0-1
0-2
0-3 ........ and so on

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Well Im originally from New York and the few times I got to watch the hawks it always seemed like the commentators always used the term "Ground Chuck". Which I never understood because even though I was young It didn't seem like Seattle ran or passed more or less then other Nfl teams.

HawkWow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":nfrw5d3b said:
Well Im originally from New York and the few times I got to watch the hawks it always seemed like the commentators always used the term "Ground Chuck". Which I never understood because even though I was young It didn't seem like Seattle ran or passed more or less then other Nfl teams.

KNox started out the king of ground and pound. His mindset was that only 3 things can happen when you pass...and two of those were bad. Excellent point. I forget the circumstances, but he later threw caution to the wind and opened up the passing game (with success, IIRC).

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
An early 90s joke I remember from the elementary school yard goes like this:

A young boy is standing before a judge. It's a child-mistreatment case so the judge asks the boy, "who do you want to live with, your mother?"

The boy replies, "no sir. My mother beats me."

"Your father then?" asks the judge.

"No sir. My father beats me even worse."

"Well, who then, boy? Who do you want to live with?"

To which he finally replies, "I want to live with the Seattle Seahawks. THEY never beat anybody!"

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
HawkWow":ab2o3n38 said:
seahawkfreak":ab2o3n38 said:

KNox started out the king of ground and pound. His mindset was that only 3 things can happen when you pass...and two of those were bad. Excellent point. I forget the circumstances, but he later threw caution to the wind and opened up the passing game (with success, IIRC).
That happened out of necessity when Curt Warner blew out his knee in the 1984 season opener against the Browns.

Had that not happened I believe that Curt had the potential to be a HoF RB... but we'll never truly know.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
You've got about 2 hours to give us the punchline before I stop reading this thread. You have been warned.