Guess it's now official that Leroy Hill won't be back

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• his time has come...and gone...nothing to see here...
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• Wattaway to find out you've been dumped. They could have atleast texted him.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• lol.... it's a cold hard world out there..lol
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Wattaway to find out you've been dumped. They could have atleast texted him.

Interesting perspective.

My view is the Hawks owe him nothing.

But I, as a fan, say Thanks Leroy.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• I would hope the team talked to him, and let him know they didn't have any interest in bringing him back...

And he didn't find out by seeing the new Avril jerseys. That would suck.

I see #56 and I immediately associate it with Hill. I'm sure he does as well.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• After Leroy's latest arrest, I'm quite sure both sides looked at each other, nodded knowingly and parted ways. I appreciate Leroy The Seahawk through the years but Leroy The Man has some growing up to do.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• twisted_steel2 wrote:I would hope the team talked to him, and let him know they didn't have any interest in bringing him back...

That's funny I never thought about HIll after seeing that until your brought it up. Evidently most of you liked Hill more than I. He's been an ok player, but never was a great player. The last year 2 years he was average IMO, so I'm not sad to see him go.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• Leeroy has been a free agent since the FA period began. I think he already got that memo and wasn't just sitting around refreshing the pro-shop to confirm it. Just a guess.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• 400WattHPSHawk wrote:Wattaway to find out you've been dumped. They could have atleast texted him.

Kinda like how Michael Anthony learned he was fired by listening to Howard Stern interview Eddie Van Halen.
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:I would hope the team talked to him, and let him know they didn't have any interest in bringing him back...

I agree....that jersey just doesn't look right!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I have been rewatching the games and I was surprised how many times I caught myself sayying, "great play leroy." He was extremely good at shedding blocks and next to wright was our best run defending linebacker in my opinion. He will be missed more than most think. I also like him because of his flaws. We can't all be choir boys...
    "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• smashmouth59 wrote:I have been rewatching the games and I was surprised how many times I caught myself sayying, "great play leroy." He was extremely good at shedding blocks and next to wright was our best run defending linebacker in my opinion. He will be missed more than most think. I also like him because of his flaws. We can't all be choir boys...

I agree. LeRoy wasn't exactly an All Pro last year (and he was a bit of a liability against the pass at times IIRC), but he was very good at what he was put in there to do. I thought at many times watching games last year that he was the most fundamentally sound tackler on the entire field; he would break down, square up, set his feet, explode his shoulder into the ball carier's center of mass, wrap up the legs and drag them down to the ground. Too many guys these days just try to blow people up to get on Sports Center, but LeRoy deserves props for sticking to the fundamentals.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Are you saying Leroy Hill is a Fundamentalist?
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• Wasn't Avril given #56 a couple of weeks ago?
    Holy Catfish! Touchdown Seahawks!
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

I associated the old jersey #56 with Hill. Not the new one so much.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• it aint over till the fat lady sings
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

• smashmouth59 wrote:I have been rewatching the games and I was surprised how many times I caught myself sayying, "great play leroy." He was extremely good at shedding blocks and next to wright was our best run defending linebacker in my opinion. He will be missed more than most think. I also like him because of his flaws. We can't all be choir boys...

Well said. Sometimes I've wondered if we expected more from Hill than what he was capable of giving. This and he took way too much flack for his pot use. That is just my opinion but I firmly believe that if a guy wants to smoke away from the facility (but not in his car) and it doesn't hinder his play...why should he not be able to do so? Without turning this into a NORML thread, there is obviously conclusive evidence that pot reduces pain. Pain is no stranger to NFL football players. Better this than getting them strung out on pain pills or feeding them copius amounts of other BS...like we did to the great #45.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• A London Hawk wrote:Wasn't Avril given #56 a couple of weeks ago?

Yes. He was listed as #56 on .com almost immediately after he signed.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• It's official: Leroy Hill has signed with the Broncos. This article from 10 days ago kinda slipped under the radar. Apparently both the Seahawks and Broncos are both benefitting from the two states' recent pot legalization laws, in the free agent recruiting wars.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22 ... ree-agents
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• olyfan63 wrote:It's official: Leroy Hill has signed with the Broncos. This article from 10 days ago kinda slipped under the radar. Apparently both the Seahawks and Broncos are both benefitting from the two states' recent pot legalization laws, in the free agent recruiting wars.

Uh... that article didn't say anything about Leroy Hill (well, at least not according to Ctrl F anyway). Wikipedia and Rotoworld still list Leroy as a free agent.

perhaps Leroy isn't the only one taking advantage of the new pot laws hmmmm?
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:.......perhaps Leroy isn't the only one taking advantage of the new pot laws hmmmm?

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

groovy!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• CANHawk wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:It's official: Leroy Hill has signed with the Broncos. This article from 10 days ago kinda slipped under the radar. Apparently both the Seahawks and Broncos are both benefitting from the two states' recent pot legalization laws, in the free agent recruiting wars.

Uh... that article didn't say anything about Leroy Hill (well, at least not according to Ctrl F anyway). Wikipedia and Rotoworld still list Leroy as a free agent.

perhaps Leroy isn't the only one taking advantage of the new pot laws hmmmm?

Gotcha! 10 days ago, from my original post, would be April 1...
    If I would have thought of this on April 1, I would have posted a separate thread. Yet another missed opportunity. Pass that joint.
    (In truth I don't toke because it doesn't do anything further for me beyond my natural state)

It almost seems like a plausible angle though. All the potheads will arrange to wind up in Seattle or Denver. Remember the old "Jail Blazers" edition of the Northwest's remaining NBA franchise? Bet they would have arranged to have most of their operations in Vancouver, just over the state line.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• Lol. funny guy.

BTW, your mom died 288 hours ago.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:
    smashmouth59 wrote:I have been rewatching the games and I was surprised how many times I caught myself sayying, "great play leroy." He was extremely good at shedding blocks and next to wright was our best run defending linebacker in my opinion. He will be missed more than most think. I also like him because of his flaws. We can't all be choir boys...

I agree. LeRoy wasn't exactly an All Pro last year (and he was a bit of a liability against the pass at times IIRC), but he was very good at what he was put in there to do. I thought at many times watching games last year that he was the most fundamentally sound tackler on the entire field; he would break down, square up, set his feet, explode his shoulder into the ball carier's center of mass, wrap up the legs and drag them down to the ground. Too many guys these days just try to blow people up to get on Sports Center, but LeRoy deserves props for sticking to the fundamentals.

To be honest, in nearly every game since 05 I found myself thinking at several points Leroy was the best linebacker out there both in tackling ability and in blitz-ability. And consistency-wise he has been a rock out there for what, 7 years? May have been a year he was injured in there?

Leroy has been a stud his entire career here. Off the field he had problems but on the field guy was a beast.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• CANHawk wrote:Lol. funny guy.

BTW, your mom died 288 hours ago.

That sucks, I was just about to call her! I guess the dream of sharing with my mom, that moment of the Seahawks lifting their first Lombardi trophy is over. Crap, now I'm way behind on her funeral arrangements, and it could cut into following the Seahawks draft or my time on .NET. Calling my auntie now to see if she's can get this handled for me...
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• He was already living on the edge before the season started last year cause of age and off field issues. I'm surprised to see it as a topic of discussion now, especially given his latest off the field issues.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information