Leadership

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Leadership
Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:55 pm
  • Of the players on the Seahawks, who do you think best represents a leader; And how do you apply THAT leadership ability to your daily profession?
    The HAWK..ing
    StevenHAWKing
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Leadership
Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:03 pm
  • I'm a substitute elementary school teacher. I like to ridicule the students as if they're Roddy White or Skip Bayless and i'm the great leader Richard Sherman.

But the obvious answer is Russell Wilson. And I leave sticky notes for Sadhappy, RAdish, Sailor and ABsolute in hopes of them becoming better mods.

Honestly, I dont take any lessons or life inspiration from any of the Seahawks. I take the knowledge, wisdom, inspiration and strength I need from my parents, sisters and grandfather. I take entertainment from Russell Wilson and the boys, and thank them for that.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:08 pm
  • Well I think the obvious answer is Russell Wilson. I think his work ethic has made a lot of us feel like we can always work 1 more hour, lift 1 more package, build 1 more wall, visit 1 more investor, do 1 more set of squats, study for a test 1 more time, run 1 more mile....
    The HAWK..ing
    StevenHAWKing
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 pm
  • Russell Wilson is the obvious extraordinary leader on the Seattle Seahawks. Pete Carroll's WinForever program has helped me out a lot in life in finding myself, my philosophy and living off of that. But back to Wilson.

I live by the 3 P's he's mentioned on numerous occasions. I am a student (Junior in high school, should be Senior.) and a 2-sport Varsity athlete (Swimming and Lacrosse). I am constantly asking myself how I can be a positive influence on those around me. I try my best to be a community leader. I am active in groups such as FCCLA, a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance (I am straight.) and Anti-Bullying Club at my school, and possess some of the best standardized testing scores my high school has ever seen. I plan on majoring in secondary education at the University of Delaware and being a high school teacher and coach, perhaps transitioning into politics somewhere down the road.

All this coming from a guy who never got one passing grade in middle school and was on a bad, bad road in life. I've straightened myself up in a quest to be extraordinary and make a difference, and influence others to live up to their potential. Just like Mr. Wilson did for me and many others, I assume.

In life, always persevere, always have a great perspective, and always have purpose in things you do.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Russell Wilson is the obvious extraordinary leader on the Seattle Seahawks. Pete Carroll's WinForever program has helped me out a lot in life in finding myself, my philosophy and living off of that. But back to Wilson.

I live by the 3 P's he's mentioned on numerous occasions. I am a student (Junior in high school, should be Senior.) and a 2-sport Varsity athlete (Swimming and Lacrosse). I am constantly asking myself how I can be a positive influence on those around me. I try my best to be a community leader. I am active in groups such as FCCLA, a member of the Gay-Straight Alliance (I am straight.) and Anti-Bullying Club at my school, and possess some of the best standardized testing scores my high school has ever seen. I plan on majoring in secondary education at the University of Delaware and being a high school teacher and coach, perhaps transitioning into politics somewhere down the road.

All this coming from a guy who never got one passing grade in middle school and was on a bad, bad road in life. I've straightened myself up in a quest to be extraordinary and make a difference, and influence others to live up to their potential. Just like Mr. Wilson did for me and many others, I assume.

In life, always persevere, always have a great perspective, and always have purpose in things you do.

Awesome! Keep it up!
    The HAWK..ing
    StevenHAWKing
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:05 pm
  • [quote="JSeahawks"]I'm a substitute elementary school teacher.

haha!

you honor me too much sir. our teachers deserve a lot more then they get..

but you can make light of my post if you want... but its an honest question.... which demands an honest answer... Of the players on the Seahawks, who do you think best represents a leader; And how do you apply THAT leadership ability to your daily profession?

is this a football post? no, its not x's and o's

but leadership has to do with x, o, m, h, w, a, and p.

Im a college student by the way.

The objective of this post was to initiate a conversation about leadership styles... I obviously struck a nerve
    The HAWK..ing
    StevenHAWKing
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:25 pm
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 pm
  • Moffitt would be a blast to work with! Just sayin'
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:32 pm
  • John Moffit.. wearing a kilt... Sales Manager?
    The HAWK..ing
    StevenHAWKing
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:11 am
  • minormillikin wrote:Image

THIS IS GOING ON MY WALL!!!

....inside my closet

......behind the clothes
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:23 am
  • Earl Thomas as a leader is little underrated on this board. I follow our team on twitter. I have seen every played mess around with one another besides Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas. No one says anything to them even as a joke. They all seem to respect these two A LOT.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:27 am
  • It seems to me whenever the players are gathered around Mr.Michael Robinson is the one doing the talking.I follow him on Twitter and he seems like a pretty cool cat.
    yummy down on this throbbing pole of hot man chicken.
    legend38
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:41 am
  • SeahawksFanForever wrote:Earl Thomas as a leader is little underrated on this board. I follow our team on twitter. I have seen every played mess around with one another besides Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas. No one says anything to them even as a joke. They all seem to respect these two A LOT.

you must have missed the Madden discussion between Earl, Sherm and Kearse among others yesterday then.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 am
  • Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
    SeahawksFanForever wrote:Earl Thomas as a leader is little underrated on this board. I follow our team on twitter. I have seen every played mess around with one another besides Russell Wilson and Earl Thomas. No one says anything to them even as a joke. They all seem to respect these two A LOT.

you must have missed the Madden discussion between Earl, Sherm and Kearse among others yesterday then.

I saw that but it's never as bad as other conversations that they have. Sherman n Baldwin are always clowning on everyone including each other. They don't take things to that level with ET.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:11 am
  • A lot of cred to Pete Carroll for the belief system he installs. As trivial as it may seem to some, the nuances of "always compete" and his versions of Coach Wooden's philosophies has been very inspiring to me.

I was very concerned about the FO in their first year cutting 10-20 guys a week (it seemed) and gaining a bad reputation in the league where you don't go to Seattle because you're liable to get cut the next day. But the belief system is right out there for players to see. I think they are told when they walk through the door that it's their opportunity to succeed and compete - if they fail, that's on them because they are given a true opportunity.

In our normal, non-sports civilian world - being forthright with those around you that the correct point of view is not to focus on how awful things are around you - but instead the opportunities and positive aspects, along with having a commitment to be better each day. This is a better approach than allowing someone to wallow in self-pity. When people "get it", their lives can change dramatically.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:21 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:...............And I leave sticky notes for Sadhappy, RAdish, Sailor and ABsolute in hopes of them becoming better mods.....................

You haven't given up hope on Radish being a better mod yet? Damn you are one optimistic guy J.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:32 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    I leave sticky notes for Sadhappy, RAdish, Sailor and ABsolute ..

Ewwww
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:30 pm
  • Ye gods, the offseason. I guess it's better than the old Tjack wars or Matt-vs-CBJ.

Of course it's a college student, nobody younger or older could ask something like this with a straight face. Of course you struck a nerve, it's hard to facepalm as hard as I just did and not feel it.

People are formed much more as JSeahawks said, by family, life experiences, etc. They may take inspiration from how hard Russell works, but nobody's life is being altered here.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:59 pm
  • I think Marshawn has actually developed into quite the leader on this team. Everyone on the team respects him for always putting everything out there on the field, and I know I've seen him on the sidelines talking guys up after big plays. Most memorably from last season, I remember him talking in Big Red's ear after the blocked FG against San Francisco. You could tell by the look on Red's face that Marshawn was hyping him up.

In terms of guys who are able to vocally inspire, gotta go with Mike Rob. Shout out to Leon Washington in this category, too. Gonna miss that guy.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 pm
  • hawk45 wrote:Of course it's a college student, nobody younger or older could ask something like this with a straight face. Of course you struck a nerve, it's hard to facepalm as hard as I just did and not feel it.

People are formed much more as JSeahawks said, by family, life experiences, etc. They may take inspiration from how hard Russell works, but nobody's life is being altered here.

Yes i'm a college student. I'm also 27. But please, AGAIN, try and read the original post. Why do some people respond with intelligent answers with regard to the actual questions, and others... well... facepalm themselves? I was not asking if anyone's life has been altered. Go Hawks!
    The HAWK..ing
    StevenHAWKing
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:40 pm
  • For me it's Robert Turbin. I remember seeing that video of him at Utah State before the draft last year where he talked about how he'd always make the block, how he'd always catch the ball- he was a guy you could depend on and he wanted you to know that. That's the kind of impression I try to give with people on the job. I may not be the best, but you can always count on me to get the job done, put in the extra work, and show up when someone needs to step up to fill a void. Hearing that from Turbin definitely resonated with me. Is that leadership? I think responsibility and dependability and having a great attitude are forms of leadership by example.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:44 am
  • I think Antoine Winfield will immediately become a leader of this team. If he makes the kind of plays that he made in Minnesota, he'll instantly be revered in this town. If he plays the way he did in Minnesota, even guys like Russell Wilson will draw inspiration from his play. The fact that he's going to be 36 and having gone 14 years without a ring will make people respect him even more. Especially in Seattle.

This guy has played 14 seasons in the NFL and never won a ring and despite that he chooses to play for Seattle for his last chance at a ring, despite the fact that they've never won a ring either, because he thinks they give him the best chance to win one. That right there should tell you all you need to know about the job Pete Carroll and John Schneider have done since they've been here. We've gone from the NFL's barren outpost to destination numero uno within the blink of an eye. 2010 seems like decades ago because these guys sold me the future and it actually came true, but the memories of BeastQuake are still SO real. I still can't believe that this is happening to my favorite sports team of all-time, especially considering the history of this team. It almost defies logic at this point. Just so many amazing moves.

Sorry. Hard for me to keep my train of thought right now, I'm just too hyped. Point is, Antoine Winfield is going to be a leader out there. And like kearly in the work place, he's going to lead by example.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:09 am
  • I'm going off on a weird limb and saying Heath Evans is a great locker room presence.

What he does on ST, is something that you don't see with a lot of teams. Every since Real Rob talked to him about getting every tackle on kickoffs, I started looking out for him. Sure enough, he was pretty much the first guy there or making the tackle, a lot of the time. I think the effort he puts out every week echoes throughout the locker. I would love to see what some other players (beside Mike Rob) have to say about Evans. He may not be a vocal leader, but he definitely leads by his actions on the field (reminiscent of Earl Thomas).

Lord, I hope this makes sense in the morning... :179417:

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:06 am
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:I'm going off on a weird limb and saying Heath Evans is a great locker room presence.

What he does on ST, is something that you don't see with a lot of teams. Every since Real Rob talked to him about getting every tackle on kickoffs, I started looking out for him. Sure enough, he was pretty much the first guy there or making the tackle, a lot of the time. I think the effort he puts out every week echoes throughout the locker. I would love to see what some other players (beside Mike Rob) have to say about Evans. He may not be a vocal leader, but he definitely leads by his actions on the field (reminiscent of Earl Thomas).

Are you talking about Heath Farwell?
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:58 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    SouthSoundHawk wrote:I'm going off on a weird limb and saying Heath Evans is a great locker room presence.

Are you talking about Heath Farwell?

I think he is and therefore my friend, it didn't make sense in the morning......but it had a chance. LMAO ;)
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information