Thus ends the last link to the 2005 Super Bowl team...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Cliff Avril has Leroy Hill's #, so he's gone. I think we've known that Trufant probably won't be coming back but i'd say Winfield's signing makes that a 100% certainty.

We now have no players left over from the Super Bowl team. Its amazing how fast rosters turn over in the NFL.

I'm not even sure we have any guys on our coaching staff or very many guys in the front office who are still left from the last run.

Is Paul Allen the only one?

Must be time to get back to another Super Bowl!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
There is some melancholy or bittersweet or something poetic in that.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't be entirely surprised to see the Vikings pick up Trufant.

I DEFINITELY expect them to draft his brother.

SE174

Reaction score
Just as one chapter ends, a new one begins. Very soon, we will have 95%+ of our superbowl players back. :th2thumbs:

blue 22

Reaction score
gotta keep up with the niners. cant be doin that with aging players. who knows? maybe leroy and tru stay as backups or get signed later in the season? you never know.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Really it's surprising how long Tru and Hill lasted as the last two Superbowl players. It had been just them for 2 or 3 years nous if I remember correctly.

themunn

Reaction score
Depends on the quality of players we draft, if we pick up a stud corner then he'll go I reckon.
People remember that Trufant let a lot of balls get caught in front of him... but how many did he let PAST him? He only allowed one TD all year too.

I reckon he stays another year - we know just how much Carroll loves a strong secondary and I hope he stays too, 10 years with the team I'd love to see him sign off with a ring.

drdiags

Reaction score
Farewell 2005 Super Bowl squad, gone but not forgotten. Time for some new legends.

EDIT: Trufant is a FA, so the team would have to re-sign him and I don't see that happening. Then again, I thought he wouldn't be back last year so who knows. Maybe we are burying the team too early?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I always felt people were too tough on Tru these last couple of years. There's a reason he was the last 2005 guy standing. Dude could ball. He had to transition to slot CB because the team didnt have depth there, and it's arguably the toughest cover position on the field. Our lack of pass rush did him no favors, and he was only meant to be a depth guy last year. The man made his tackles and was probably invaluable to the development of our young, elite DBs, too.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a wrap for him in Seattle, but I could also see them bringing him back as a pure depth guy.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
God bless that team for finally realizing a dream...Getting to the Super Bowl. All these years later, the .NET shirts I had made up in 2006 still stands true.

Unfinished Business.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1fxnxr0c said:

wait, when did we drop Trufant?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Marquand Manuel being on the coaching staff now is the only link that comes to mind. Hopefully there is an SA or Holmgren NFCCG flag raising to come.

drdiags

Reaction score
gspin2k1":2dykem33 said:
bestfightstory":2dykem33 said:

wait, when did we drop Trufant?

He came back last year on a 1 yr deal. He is a free agent.

Latest posts