Winfield agreed in principle - 1 year

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Winfield agreed in principle - 1 year
Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:03 pm
  • Re-tweeted by Sandon. Original tweet by Josina Anderson whoever that is but I don't think Sando re-tweets unless reliable

EDIT: Changed from signed to agreed in principle which is you know 99% the same thing :)

Moderator -- I thought the other thread at 16 pages was long enough about everything else so created new thread. Please close if you disagree.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mikeak on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Re: Winfield signed - 1 year
Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:04 pm
  • I like the move. Papa Smurf - teach your little Smurflings how to get the job done.
    nsport
    * NET Sports Handicapper *

Re: Winfield signed - 1 year
Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 pm
  • holy sheeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiit!

Good luck NFL offenses, you will need it this year when you play Seattle
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• *Must resist the urge to make comments about bodily fluids leaving my body*
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks Defense this year? Wow. Season Of Da Siccness! Gonna be FEASTIN' on offenses! Motivated & Hungry! Love it!
    Red Beard
    NET Rookie

• Hell ya! Great news!!
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

• YESSSSSSSSS. Best secondary in the HISTORY of the NFL. This is awesome!

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• I guess this means ET won't get this reps at nickel like he wanted.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I don't think ET is too upset

Earl Thomas ‏@Earl_Thomas 9m
    Lockdown Texas....are should I say lockdown Seattle ...#L.O.B!!!!!
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Excited that he agreed to just a one year deal. Was worried that interest from other teams and extra push from Vikings might have upped it to a 2 year gig.

Good stuff.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Winfield wants to win, it seems.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• I kinda want to see what that one D bag on twitter will say after tweeting every big name NFL reporter that Winfield resigned with Minny
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:I kinda want to see what that one D bag on twitter will say after tweeting every big name NFL reporter that Winfield resigned with Minny

CRAZY 12th MAN ‏@SeaHawkFORLife 13m
    Well everybody guess I was wrong and I apologize for the wrong info but that I was told! Sorry everybody

He seriously might want to consider an English class.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• From the NFL.com article "The organization is certainly keeping up in the arms race with its rival San Francisco 49ers." It's a Cold War NFC West style!
    Follow me on twitter @LoudSeahawksFan
    seahwkfvr
    NET Rookie

• Oh my gosh! It will almost be unfair when other teams play the Seahawks. Roger Goodell is liable to push for a new rule change that spots opponents of the Hawks an automatic 7 points. 100 Tackles ... 12 Passes Defensed ... 8 Tackles for Loss ... and one of the very best slot CB's in the NFL last year. I agree with others in saying that this just might be the move that put the Hawks over the top.
    Last edited by Hawkscanner on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• The Outfield wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:I kinda want to see what that one D bag on twitter will say after tweeting every big name NFL reporter that Winfield resigned with Minny

Well everybody guess I was wrong and I apologize for the wrong info but that I was told! Sorry everybody

Haha thanks! I think his pathetic writing and spelling pissed me off more than his ridiculous amateur reporting.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• And the Great Minnesota Migration continues...
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Nice.

It seems vikings were at one time pillagers and plunderers.
    Hell yea we raped them mofos huh? This is almost as good as the NFL season. Who do we do next?
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• The Outfield wrote:
    Missing_Clink wrote:I kinda want to see what that one D bag on twitter will say after tweeting every big name NFL reporter that Winfield resigned with Minny

Translation: sorry I got caught pulling something out of my @$$ in a desperate attempt to look like I have sources when in reality I just make things up.

Assuming this 1-year contract isn't excessive, I love the signing and am going to have an even harder time waiting for football season to get here!
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Jesus, I guess we'll be drafting for uh depth then? I don't remember an offseason where we went after every single speck of weakness in the team and addressed it. Nickel corner was the one area where I thought we could be had still in the secondary, and it just got a lot stronger.

Jeepers, who cares if the pass rush ever gets there. Throw it into our defensive backfield at your own peril.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• - Harvin for Washington.
    - Bennett for Jones
    - McDaniel for Branch
    - Avril temporarily for Clemons.
    - Winfield for Trufant
    - Quinn for Flynn.

How much the talent improvement will overcome the loss of some impact locker room leadership will answer the question whether this is Dream Team 2.0?

Folks are boasting about things they are assuming. Just like the pre-mature celebration for the return of the Sonics. Just cannot help ourselves. Until it happens, it hasn't happened. That was my Debbie Downer comment for the day. Now back to the celebration.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• mikeak wrote:
    Moderator -- I thought the other thread at 16 pages was long enough about everything else so created new thread. Please close if you disagree.

Thanks!

Oh Thank God! There should be a rule limiting a post to 9 pages or less and add one that makes it okay to start a new thread if the new post was worthy of it's own thread to begin with. I just can't deal with a thread that has been around so long that the topic has been edited 5 times.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Also:

We basically traded one year of Matt Flynn for one year of Antoine Winfield + two fifth rounders.

Note to haters: trust this front office.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• drdiags wrote:- Harvin for Washington.
    - Bennett for Jones
    - McDaniel for Branch
    - Winfield for Trufant
    - Quinn for Flynn.

How much the talent improvement will overcome the loss of some impact locker room leadership will answer the question whether this is Dream Team 2.0?

Folks are boasting about things they are assuming. Just like the pre-mature celebration for the return of the Sonics. Just cannot help ourselves. Until it happens, it hasn't happened. That was my Debbie Downer comment for the day. Now back to the celebration.

no DreamTeam references PLEASE :)
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• DavidSeven wrote:Also:

We basically traded one year of Matt Flynn for one year of Antoine Winfield + two fifth rounders.

Great way to look at it.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• *reads latestest news...rereads...faints*
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Not a bad move, he will not only help in the Nickle, but will also improve the run d that began to wear down near the end of last year.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Great "imminent" signing. Just one more thing...a replacement for Hill and we are SET!
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Im excited as much as the next fan, but remember when the Eagles loaded up for a SB run a few years back.

Takes more than talent to win games.
    Donk70
    NET Veteran

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    drdiags wrote:- Harvin for Washington.
    - Bennett for Jones
    - McDaniel for Branch
    - Winfield for Trufant
    - Quinn for Flynn.

no DreamTeam references PLEASE :)

Yessir!! ( pssss.. Anybody think our team could take on the AFC All-Star team?)

By the way Loafoftatupu your avatar needs to put his pants back over his face. ;)
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

• Well as I said in the other thread. I am BUCK AND HAWK and this just made my birthday just even more sweet. I guess I will be getting his jersey. I was torn who to get but now I know. They should make a t shirt with all the teams numbers and that would be my favorite shirt. I am so happy right now I might drink to that! GO HAWKS!
    streets24
    NET Bench Warmer

• DavidSeven wrote:Also:

+ cap space next year to extend Sherm.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• Russ Willstrong wrote:Nice.

It seems vikings were at one time pillagers and plunderers.
    Hell yea we raped them mofos huh? This is almost as good as the NFL season. Who do we do next?

Blair Walsh please. :D
    35!
    AHH-OOH!
    KK84
    NET Veteran

• Nice! I honestly thought he'd go back to the Vikings, on a better deal.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

• Nothing but smiles what a great way to start my weekend i'm jacked about this pick-up.
    Digsbone
    Alaskas Biggest Seahawks fan.
    Digsbone
    NET Rookie

• drdiags wrote:- Harvin > Washington.
    - Bennett > Jones
    - McDaniel < Branch
    - Avril temporarily for Clemons. Realistically it's just a + for the team
    - Winfield > Trufant
    - Quinn < Flynn.

Interesting way to look at the additions this offseason.
    Last edited by The Yugoslavian on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• Digsbone wrote:Nothing but smiles what a great way to start my weekend i'm jacked about this pick-up.

Everyone pour a drink to celebrate this great news!!!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Sweet...let the good times role. Then the draft when we reach a yet higher high.
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• Hawkscanner wrote:Oh my gosh! It will almost be unfair when other teams play the Seahawks. Roger Goodell is liable to push for a new rule change that spots opponents of the Hawks an automatic 7 points. 100 Tackles ... 12 Passes Defensed ... 8 Tackles for Loss ... and one of the very best slot CB's in the NFL last year. I agree with others in saying that this just might be the move that put the Hawks over the top.

Don't give Rog any dumb ideas, he comes up with enough of them on his own.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Wow...I can't think of a backfield this stacked.....and I am an old goat, too!
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• It's time to gel this defense now. All the talent doesn't mean squat if they're not on the same page.
    Go Hawks!
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

• seahwkfvr wrote:From the NFL.com article "The organization is certainly keeping up in the arms race with its rival San Francisco 49ers." It's a Cold War NFC West style!

This whole "arms race" thing is so laughable to me. It's driven by the media obviously, but they make it out as if each move is equal to each other. In reality the Seahawks are well ahead in what they've acquired over the 49ers when you factor in age, productivity and what each team lost.

Percy Harvin (24) > Anquan Bolden (32)- Harvin's younger and more dynamic. Bolden in on the downswing in his career.
    Michael Bennett (27) > Glenn Dorsey (27)- Dorsey's never lived up to his top 5 pick status, coming off just 7 tackles last year- indicating injury or non-production. Bennett is coming off his best year.
    Cliff Avril (27)> ?????
    Winfield (36) > Nnamdi (31)- Nnamdi is coming off 2 regrettable years in Philly. Winfield is beyond productive in the slot even at his age.

IN addition Seattle lost - Alan Branch (DT- starter), Pass rusher DT/DE Jason Jones (Ended year on IR),
    IN addition 49ers lost- Dashon Goldson (SS- starter), Delanie Walker- Hback/TE, Issac Sopoago (DT), Ricky Jean Francois (DT). 4 Significant losses. IMO. 2 starters (Sopoago and Goldson) and 2 significant contributors.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• drdiags wrote:Folks are boasting about things they are assuming. Just like the pre-mature celebration for the return of the Sonics. Just cannot help ourselves. Until it happens, it hasn't happened. That was my Debbie Downer comment for the day. Now back to the celebration.

im with ya. i remember the offseason after XL and everyone was excited that our defense was bringing back all of our starters. i must say though, this has a COMPLETELY different feeling to it.

mr. Winfield, welcome to Seattle where the players play.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

• Donk70 wrote:Im excited as much as the next fan, but remember when the Eagles loaded up for a SB run a few years back.

Takes more than talent to win games.

That is my only major fear, we saw what a great FA they had and boy it didn't help them. Hopefully it doesn't happen to us.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Thank you for the post telling me I now had locked a string and pointed to another string that was locked.

hahahahahahahaha

Good one on me and thanks for the help

:th2thumbs:
    No last minute heroics will be needed this time.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Next

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information