Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Video Encouraging Crowd Noise to be allowed now
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2208
despite the sentiment here, I'm a little concerned about this hurting us more than helping. We made so much noise before without being prompted.... now it's likely we'll just become a lazy crowd who only gets rowdy when the screen tells us too. Hope that doesn't happen.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Encouraging Crowd Noise to be allowed now
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm
Posts: 2062
Location: Seattle
I realize this is sour grapes at this point, but the Atlanta stadium was using audio cues very late into our play clocks. Particularly noticeable on our 4th and 1 attempt, where the crowd forgot to make noise until the announcer got them going with a very loud/long "4th and 1" call with just a few seconds left.

Shortening the time may allow the league to be stricter with teams who violate these rules. If so, I think this is a positive change.

_________________
"Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Encouraging Crowd Noise to be allowed now
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:55 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 pm
Posts: 204
Hawknballs wrote:
despite the sentiment here, I'm a little concerned about this hurting us more than helping. We made so much noise before without being prompted.... now it's likely we'll just become a lazy crowd who only gets rowdy when the screen tells us too. Hope that doesn't happen.



I'm okay with the current queues, but wish they come up sooner...LOUD before/during the huddle...not After.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Encouraging Crowd Noise to be allowed now
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2208
gspin2k1 wrote:
Hawknballs wrote:
despite the sentiment here, I'm a little concerned about this hurting us more than helping. We made so much noise before without being prompted.... now it's likely we'll just become a lazy crowd who only gets rowdy when the screen tells us too. Hope that doesn't happen.



I'm okay with the current queues, but wish they come up sooner...LOUD before/during the huddle...not After.



either way it's better than SF's home fans.

They scream on offense. I was so confused. Then people who know they shoudln't be making noise when their team is on offense start screaming at the screaming people, pretty soon it's more noise than when the other team is on offense.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Encouraging Crowd Noise to be allowed now
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:06 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 85
Location: Selah, Washington
Hawknballs wrote:
gspin2k1 wrote:
Hawknballs wrote:
despite the sentiment here, I'm a little concerned about this hurting us more than helping. We made so much noise before without being prompted.... now it's likely we'll just become a lazy crowd who only gets rowdy when the screen tells us too. Hope that doesn't happen.



I'm okay with the current queues, but wish they come up sooner...LOUD before/during the huddle...not After.



either way it's better than SF's home fans.

They scream on offense. I was so confused. Then people who know they shoudln't be making noise when their team is on offense start screaming at the screaming people, pretty soon it's more noise than when the other team is on offense.




:lol: :lol: :lol: Figures!!

_________________
GO SEAHAWKS!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Video Encouraging Crowd Noise to be allowed now
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:25 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Posts: 147
Location: Seattle, WA
gspin2k1 wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
drdiags wrote:
Ram Rules allowed!

Clap it out ... hee hee


This is pretty much the first thing I thought about when I read the article. Some fan bases need all the help they can get. I'm not sure Century Link will get any louder because of this rule, but other stadiums where fans aren't quite as "on top of things" might benefit. And of course, if other stadiums start talking about how noisy they are, that will just crank up the 12th man pride to a whole new level if that is even possible



Where this COULD benefit is maybe getting our crowd to know exactly when to start getting loud. Because last year outside of the SNF game against the Niners. We tend to get loud when they are lining up about to hike the ball. And although our crowd noise gets loud in time to hopefully aid false starts. We still allow them to get their communication on during the huddle. If anything if they could use the video to get us to really get loud before they even huddle up, I think that could go a ways towards causing more issues with the opponents. We definitely got loud and early for the SNF game against the Niners and they struggled like hell. I mean a variety of factors come to play (including just the awesome play of the Seahawks of course), but I'd like to think the 12th man aided just a little :).


THIS. Our crowd needs to scream from the moment the visiting offense begins any formation of a huddle and we need to keep the noise up during no huddle formations

_________________
Follow me on twitter @LoudSeahawksFan


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.