Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
Funny how ESPN is reporting this as a done deal to Seattle pretty much. They must really trust their boys Werder and Clayton, although honestly, it seems like they are always wrong on things like this.

Or it could just be another example of ESPN making the drop from former worldwide leader in sports to guesstimating, sometimes right, most of the time wrong but who cares we'll just act like nothing ever happened, tabloid.

Yeah, my money's on the latter. Let's just hope they are right on this one for a change. It would be HUGE!

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6373
I read he has a kid playing HS sports in Minn so he's taking his time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:38 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 571
Not sure how much of a factor this will be in affecting his decision but OLD MAN WINTER has again thrown Minnesotans a miserable curveball today. I heard that some 5000 car crashes were reported throughout the state and its still early. 3-8 inches of snow ontop of sleet/ice that accrued overnight in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 am 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
Russ Willstrong wrote:
Not sure how much of a factor this will be in affecting his decision but OLD MAN WINTER has again thrown Minnesotans a miserable curveball today. I heard that some 5000 car crashes were reported throughout the state and its still early. 3-8 inches of snow ontop of sleet/ice that accrued overnight in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. ;)



Yeah, man, it's brutal today. LightRails are frozen and offline. My buddy who has many pair of Twins season tickets is getting slaughtered this year on resales. I was in Amsterdam two days ago and came back for this??

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:09 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am
Posts: 2772
Unfortunately bad weather there probably doesn't influence him because he has seen what the area is like in good weather too.

Unfortunately Seattle has a reputation for rain 365 days a year and when he was here the weather sucked. The problem is he hasn't seen what Seattle is like when the weather is nice so that bad weather could have cemented the rumors. Hope I'm wrong, I more excited about Winfield than Avril or Bennett.

_________________
The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:15 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm
Posts: 629
RichNhansom wrote:
Unfortunately bad weather there probably doesn't influence him because he has seen what the area is like in good weather too.

Unfortunately Seattle has a reputation for rain 365 days a year and when he was here the weather sucked. The problem is he hasn't seen what Seattle is like when the weather is nice so that bad weather could have cemented the rumors. Hope I'm wrong, I more excited about Winfield than Avril or Bennett.


You don't think there are people on this team he trusts to set that record straight?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:17 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm
Posts: 1733
Hard to know if we are being played in order to allow Winfield to get a better deal from Minnie?

Seems to me as the OP said , the longer it takes the better we start to look for Winfield.

_________________
Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. Until the OLine is strengthened the team will remain weak.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:19 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 571
Yea unfortunately it wont matter. That quote of 5000 reports of crashes seems high to me. I heard it on espn 1500 radio but cant confirm it. Any who im not celebrating folks misery. Hope you stay safe BFS. Cheers to snowball fighting in April.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:22 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1417
Location: Blaine, WA
jammerhawk wrote:
Hard to know if we are being played in order to allow Winfield to get a better deal from Minnie?

Seems to me as the OP said , the longer it takes the better we start to look for Winfield.


I kinda look at it the other way. The longer it takes, the more emotion wins out. And while his legacy lies in Seattle, Winfield's heart is likely in Minnesota.

_________________
<A>
<IMG></A>


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:38 am 
NET Veteran
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3077
Location: Anchorage, AK
RichNhansom wrote:
The problem is he hasn't seen what Seattle is like when the weather is nice .


He also hasn't seen Unicorns :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:38 am 
* NET Hottie *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 2117
Man, if it comes down to his kid, I don't think he comes here. Moving is very hard on children in their teens. I know. I lived it. Can't blame the guy if he chooses Minny for that reason.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4201
bestfightstory wrote:
Russ Willstrong wrote:
Not sure how much of a factor this will be in affecting his decision but OLD MAN WINTER has again thrown Minnesotans a miserable curveball today. I heard that some 5000 car crashes were reported throughout the state and its still early. 3-8 inches of snow ontop of sleet/ice that accrued overnight in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. ;)



Yeah, man, it's brutal today. LightRails are frozen and offline. My buddy who has many pair of Twins season tickets is getting slaughtered this year on resales. I was in Amsterdam two days ago and came back for this??



saw a car on 694 W near Woodbury facing the wrong direction... in the middle of the highway. that was at 7am.

Retribution for last year's 70 degree April i guess.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:57 am 
* NET Hottie *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 2117
Uncle Si wrote:
bestfightstory wrote:
Russ Willstrong wrote:
Not sure how much of a factor this will be in affecting his decision but OLD MAN WINTER has again thrown Minnesotans a miserable curveball today. I heard that some 5000 car crashes were reported throughout the state and its still early. 3-8 inches of snow ontop of sleet/ice that accrued overnight in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. ;)



Yeah, man, it's brutal today. LightRails are frozen and offline. My buddy who has many pair of Twins season tickets is getting slaughtered this year on resales. I was in Amsterdam two days ago and came back for this??



saw a car on 694 W near Woodbury facing the wrong direction... in the middle of the highway. that was at 7am.

Retribution for last year's 70 degree April i guess.

The Governor probably had something to do with it. ((The Walking Dead reference))
Anyways..I guess that crap is coming our way too(Michigan). Last year was an anomaly. We had a week of 80 degree weather IN MARCH. It's back to the normal non-springlike weather for the Midwest. Probably won't get a Spring like normal. Yep. It goes from Winter right into Summer out here.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:05 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11163
Location: Antioch, CA
According to PFT, more teams are jumping into the hunt for Winfield. This might take a while.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/more-teams-trying-to-get-into-the-mix-for-winfield/

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4201
Seahwkgal wrote:
The Governor probably had something to do with it. ((The Walking Dead reference))
Anyways..I guess that crap is coming our way too(Michigan). Last year was an anomaly. We had a week of 80 degree weather IN MARCH. It's back to the normal non-springlike weather for the Midwest. Probably won't get a Spring like normal. Yep. It goes from Winter right into Summer out here.



Lightining, Thunder and snow at the same time... definitely the oncoming zombie apocolypse.

Winfield should get is family out of there quick... get somewhere near mountains, and an ocean


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 2291
Sounds like this thing isn't going to be resolved very quickly.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:24 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Thanks a lot, Ed Werder. First, you publish an unsubstantiated report that the deal was close then you start a feeding frenzy for Winfield's services since teams are now more likely to copy what the Seahawks do. Poor reporting might cost us this one.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:27 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7708
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
DavidSeven wrote:
Thanks a lot, Ed Werder. First, you publish an unsubstantiated report that the deal was close then you start a feeding frenzy for Winfield's services since teams are now more likely to copy what the Seahawks do. Poor reporting might cost us this one.


Personally, I don't think that Werder is a poor reporter. But I do believe that he has shown that he'll disseminate without question whatever a team or agent wants him to. Wouldn't be surprised if Werder was told that a deal was close by Winfield's agent in order to spark that feeding frenzy.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
volsunghawk wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
Thanks a lot, Ed Werder. First, you publish an unsubstantiated report that the deal was close then you start a feeding frenzy for Winfield's services since teams are now more likely to copy what the Seahawks do. Poor reporting might cost us this one.


Personally, I don't think that Werder is a poor reporter. But I do believe that he has shown that he'll disseminate without question whatever a team or agent wants him to. Wouldn't be surprised if Werder was told that a deal was close by Winfield's agent in order to spark that feeding frenzy.


Yeah, I said this earlier in the thread. It felt like Winfield's people floated this info out there for leverage from the jump.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:37 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8857
Location: Covington, Washington
Werder isn't the culprit it is the other teams that played it coy until the 11th hour. In the end Winfield just needs to lick his wounds and head back to the Vikings. Seahawks tried playing it cool as well then struck but this time the player had to deal with an emotional tug at him as well. Avril and Bennett didn't have their former teams playing on their emotions and the deal was closed quicker.

To be honest, didn't think the team was even in the running only to see they had a ballpark figure they would jump in on and sounds like a few others are finding that they could make it work as well. No need to rush to a decision if you have a market.

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:22 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4201
DavidSeven wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
Thanks a lot, Ed Werder. First, you publish an unsubstantiated report that the deal was close then you start a feeding frenzy for Winfield's services since teams are now more likely to copy what the Seahawks do. Poor reporting might cost us this one.


Personally, I don't think that Werder is a poor reporter. But I do believe that he has shown that he'll disseminate without question whatever a team or agent wants him to. Wouldn't be surprised if Werder was told that a deal was close by Winfield's agent in order to spark that feeding frenzy.


Yeah, I said this earlier in the thread. It felt like Winfield's people floated this info out there for leverage from the jump.



I still disagree (although less) the Vikings released him... what kind of leverage does Winfield have? He has to limp back with a far more acceptable deal to the team that released him?

Thats not very good leverage.

Not saying he wont be back in Minnesota. but if he does it wont be anything close to what the Seahawks offered. It will be purely emotional.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:33 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Orlando, Florida
Hope he signs soon. This is killing me.


Last edited by Floridahawk79 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Uncle Si wrote:
DavidSeven wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
Personally, I don't think that Werder is a poor reporter. But I do believe that he has shown that he'll disseminate without question whatever a team or agent wants him to. Wouldn't be surprised if Werder was told that a deal was close by Winfield's agent in order to spark that feeding frenzy.


Yeah, I said this earlier in the thread. It felt like Winfield's people floated this info out there for leverage from the jump.



I still disagree (although less) the Vikings released him... what kind of leverage does Winfield have? He has to limp back with a far more acceptable deal to the team that released him?

Thats not very good leverage.

Not saying he wont be back in Minnesota. but if he does it wont be anything close to what the Seahawks offered. It will be purely emotional.


What better way to gain leverage than creating the perception of demand coming from the hottest front office in the league? Just because he's taking a pay cut doesn't mean he can't squeeze all he can out of a new deal. To say that it's pure coincidence that these "last minute teams" emerged immediately after someone reported Seattle had an offer on the table is a stretch. If this was by design, then Winfield has succesfully used the media and the Seahawks to make himself look like the hottest FA on the market. No one was talking about him two weeks ago.

We should all be glad that the deals with Harvin, Avril and Bennett were actually completed before being leaked to the media.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:05 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm
Posts: 1840
It would be nice to sign him, but in the bigger picture he would be the 5th back. That in itself would be hard to take for a starter and still a very good DB. I just can't seem him going back to MIN. They cut him, didn't by accounts try to get him to agree to a restructure or even let him know it was coming. Sounds like disrespect, and when ego is involved...

He sees what is happening with the older players that are FA. A lot are still available. He is just trying to milk some more $$ from someone.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:21 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm
Posts: 447
Happypuppy wrote:
It would be nice to sign him, but in the bigger picture he would be the 5th back. That in itself would be hard to take for a starter and still a very good DB. I just can't seem him going back to MIN. They cut him, didn't by accounts try to get him to agree to a restructure or even let him know it was coming. Sounds like disrespect, and when ego is involved...

He sees what is happening with the older players that are FA. A lot are still available. He is just trying to milk some more $$ from someone.



I am sure they are telling him "RW came in as a back-up and earned the starting spot, on this team you always have a chance to compete for the starting spot."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4201
Happypuppy wrote:
It would be nice to sign him, but in the bigger picture he would be the 5th back. That in itself would be hard to take for a starter and still a very good DB. I just can't seem him going back to MIN. They cut him, didn't by accounts try to get him to agree to a restructure or even let him know it was coming. Sounds like disrespect, and when ego is involved...

He sees what is happening with the older players that are FA. A lot are still available. He is just trying to milk some more $$ from someone.



Well this goes back to the leverage thing from a few posts ago. Not only did they release him and not offer any restructure, they made it quite clear he wouldnt be able to compete for a cback spot.

Now, he could return and fill the same role there as he would here... but he would be playing behind two cbs he's probably better than.

I dont know, i figured it would be done by now so i'm losing confidence it gets done. If it doesnt oh well


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:54 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
Posts: 3302
Location: Seattle
I'm still holding out hope...

_________________
Image

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 665
Location: Canada
Quote:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h
CB Antoine Winfield was close to deal with Seahawks and still seems his preference but other teams now involved at last minute. Stay tuned


That was Werder 2 hours ago. I'm sure i'm looking into this too much and def have no clue, however I could see Seattle's FO having a set amount of money they want to rollover for next year, and have given Winfield their offer that they won't budge on. Now I bet his agent is just trying to see how much money he can get from other teams - unless say another strong contendor (say Broncos for example) called Winfield's camp up and one upped our offer?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 am 
USMC 1970-77
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
Posts: 9551
Location: Monroe, WA
GCrow wrote:
Quote:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h
CB Antoine Winfield was close to deal with Seahawks and still seems his preference but other teams now involved at last minute. Stay tuned


That was Werder 2 hours ago. I'm sure i'm looking into this too much and def have no clue, however I could see Seattle's FO having a set amount of money they want to rollover for next year, and have given Winfield their offer that they won't budge on. Now I bet his agent is just trying to see how much money he can get from other teams - unless say another strong contendor (say Broncos for example) called Winfield's camp up and one upped our offer?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, it's a safe bet the FO won't overspend for a player in what is already an area of strength for the team. He'd be a great addition, but not "at any cost."

_________________
Talent can get you to the playoffs.
It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:06 am 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Ventura, CA
If it's not done at this point he's looking for the most money and someone else will definitely pay more than we're willing to.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:14 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
Posts: 7223
Location: Eastern Washington
It seems like a lot of smoke.


Pay no attention to the smoke.

_________________
49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5486
Location: Kansas City, MO
BlueTalon wrote:
It seems like a lot of smoke.


Pay no attention to the smoke.

Correct. I am in "I will believe it when I see it" mode. It smells fishy to me at this point.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm
Posts: 1667
Hmmm, still absolutely nothing informative about this situation. Annnnnd moving on.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:34 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
KCHawkGirl wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:
It seems like a lot of smoke.


Pay no attention to the smoke.

Correct. I am in "I will believe it when I see it" mode. It smells fishy to me at this point.


I've got to admit, despite my letter to Antoine, this does feel a lot like Hugh Douglas or John Abraham all over again...

But things are different now! This team is a legit contender. Come on Antoine!

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
Posts: 5486
Location: Kansas City, MO
NYCoug wrote:
KCHawkGirl wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:
It seems like a lot of smoke.


Pay no attention to the smoke.

Correct. I am in "I will believe it when I see it" mode. It smells fishy to me at this point.


I've got to admit, despite my letter to Antoine, this does feel a lot like Hugh Douglas or John Abraham all over again...

But things are different now! This team is a legit contender. Come on Antoine!

I hope it's just me being negative because he really would put us over the top. I am hopeful but in a "wait and see" mode and wouldn't be shocked if we didn't land him.

_________________
43-8...it's all about that action boss....
next man up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3094
*reads latest news on Winfield...faints*

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 2609
Is this deal "imminent?"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:28 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 265
Location: Seattle
im going to Imminent all over your face...;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:30 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=63&f=1554&t=11459365


"He's a great guy to have in the locker room," Henderson said. "He teaches the young guys everything that he knows, he doesn't hold anything back. He's willing to talk to you about whatever it may be. He's a great guy to have around and that's not even talking about what he does on the football field...It's invaluable for us to have him around."

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:22 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 337
The suspense is killing me....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:52 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 571
Damned Broncos and other contenders trying to sabotage this potentially great acquisition for the Hawks. One can only hope Winfield is just sitting in his home by the fireplace waiting out the snowfall before he makes a break for Seattle to join Harvin.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE: Deal Close? Per Werder
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:01 am
Posts: 267
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
I agree... sitting in limbo make me so far from productive. I can't stop checking updates... waiting for news... his agent must have let it out of the bag that we were close to signing him. With all of the positive press in our new additions, teams are likely just looking at what we do and jumping in if they can.

_________________
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to hard work"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 571
Finally Good News!!

The snow has begun to let up in Minnesota.

That damn groundhog Punxsutawney Phil will finally emerge covered in the white stuff to tell us he was wrong about predicting an early spring. He'll then try to predict whether Winfield will sign with Seattle.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:20 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 337
You got my hopes up
Read "finally good news"
What followed was not what I had hoped.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:24 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 571
Shadyhawk182 wrote:
You got my hopes up
Read "finally good news"
What followed was not what I had hoped.


Sorry.. Chances of any real news at this hour is pretty slim Shady. :mrgreen:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:32 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 337
Russ Willstrong wrote:
Shadyhawk182 wrote:
You got my hopes up
Read "finally good news"
What followed was not what I had hoped.


Sorry.. Chances of any real news at this hour is pretty slim Shady. :mrgreen:

OHhhhhhhh...you.
Like this guy
:th2thumbs:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am
Posts: 571
Thanks Shady. You guys are fun to read too. Just checking up for any breaking news like the rest of yall.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am
Posts: 4201
I
Russ Willstrong wrote:
Finally Good News!!

The snow has begun to let up in Minnesota.

That damn groundhog Punxsutawney Phil will finally emerge covered in the white stuff to tell us he was wrong about predicting an early spring. He'll then try to predict whether Winfield will sign with Seattle.


I don't know what window you're looking from mate but its pissing white stuff right now, and will all night. Damned state. I want to be back on the PNW.. maybe Winny will follow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
I like the new title edit lol


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winfield Visiting Seattle UPDATE:Who knows anything amirite?
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:23 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 337
Might be the most honest and accurate title in the history of the internet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.