NaVorro Bowman on Seahawks: You have to earn hype

bellingerga

Reaction score
He must have got a pretty bad concussion the last time we played them if he think's the team isn't earning their reputation.

SE174

Reaction score
Depends on who's doing the hyping. If it's the fans, then for the better part of the last decade SF has proved you don't have to earn anything to be hyped.

Doesn't matter to me though, I will enjoy watching us Kam Chancelloring every Vernon Davis that dares us to prove it. :thcoffee:

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
hmm I read the article earlier. I thought Bowman said that the hawks earned respect, but to be the very best they still have to earn it. I didn't take it as him talking trash at all. I would double check, but I am just on a quick break

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I'm not so sure Bowamn knows what hype means. Respect is earned. Hype is cheap, and that shit is everywhere.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
always trust what someone says about hype when their team didn't live up to it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
SE174":8accye2z said:
Depends on who's doing the hyping. If it's the fans, then for the better part of the last decade SF has proved you don't have to earn anything to be hyped.

Doesn't matter to me though, I will enjoy watching us Kam Chancelloring every Vernon Davis that dares us to prove it. :thcoffee:

Well it was as much media as fans that were hyping the Niners the entire decade the Seahawks and Cardinals were winning the division and making super bowls but he is right about one thing, you have to earn it and nobody would know better than a Niner about getting hyped and not earning it.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
I love it when after a couple good seasons out of the last, what... 10, 12, 15 years? they talk like they're the dynasty.

You survived by a 1/2 game in 2012... a 1/2 game.

2 years, that's it... you're done, its all you're gettin'.

Hawks are back to take what's there's.

noflyzone

Reaction score
He didnt really say anything demeaning. He actually kinda complimented us. Plus they made it to.the superbowl, we didnt. Go hawks.

grizbob

Reaction score
"September can't get here soon enough" truer words have never been spoken!! :180670:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
He said nothing offensive, at all, he said its the first time the Hawks have really been mentioned as among the best teams in the league, (for example NFL.com's ATL said the Hawks have the strongest roster in football) and for the most part he's right. And you can't quote 42-13 in response, cos he mentioned that result himself, said our team had a great game and said we are getting close to being the best. Come on guys, mellow out a tad :)

Edit; Also, he never mentioned the word hype, that was whomever gave the article it's title.

uncle fester

Reaction score
So one more winning season than anyone on the Seahawks drafted that same year and suddenly he's an authority?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
noflyzone":1cihne5j said:
Plus they made it to.the superbowl, we didnt. Go hawks.

They made it to the super bowl is getting old real fast. They beat us by half a game. That is a bounce of a ball. We demoralized them 42-13, That IMO is a much better example of the two teams. It is actual head to head.

If we don't break Skelton or Mike Carey doesn't call a bogus roughing the passer on Thomas or a ton of other scenario's, we are the #2 seed and they are traveling to DC to break their best DE, Kicker and spraining Gores ankle before the division round. How do you think they would have fared coming to Seattle with those injuries? Do you think they could have gotten by Atlanta if Gore had a sprained ankle? What if they had to play at 10:00am?

Shinigami

Reaction score
He actually praised the Seahawks he sounds like a reasonable guy and most of what he said makes sense. Chill out people and take a compliment from a heated rival.