NaVorro Bowman on Seahawks: You have to earn hype

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Said Bowman: "You have to earn these things. This is their first time being mentioned like that, in this sentence, and we'll see what they'll do with that."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -earn-hype
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• He must have got a pretty bad concussion the last time we played them if he think's the team isn't earning their reputation.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• whoops :twisted:
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

• 42-13
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Well, he's right. And it wasn't that inflammatory of a comment.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Yes. Yessssssss. I feed on this kind of stuff!
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Depends on who's doing the hyping. If it's the fans, then for the better part of the last decade SF has proved you don't have to earn anything to be hyped.

Doesn't matter to me though, I will enjoy watching us Kam Chancelloring every Vernon Davis that dares us to prove it. :thcoffee:
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

• hmm I read the article earlier. I thought Bowman said that the hawks earned respect, but to be the very best they still have to earn it. I didn't take it as him talking trash at all. I would double check, but I am just on a quick break
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie

• I'm not so sure Bowamn knows what hype means. Respect is earned. Hype is cheap, and that shit is everywhere.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• always trust what someone says about hype when their team didn't live up to it.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• SE174 wrote:Depends on who's doing the hyping. If it's the fans, then for the better part of the last decade SF has proved you don't have to earn anything to be hyped.

Doesn't matter to me though, I will enjoy watching us Kam Chancelloring every Vernon Davis that dares us to prove it. :thcoffee:

Well it was as much media as fans that were hyping the Niners the entire decade the Seahawks and Cardinals were winning the division and making super bowls but he is right about one thing, you have to earn it and nobody would know better than a Niner about getting hyped and not earning it.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• I love it when after a couple good seasons out of the last, what... 10, 12, 15 years? they talk like they're the dynasty.

You survived by a 1/2 game in 2012... a 1/2 game.

2 years, that's it... you're done, its all you're gettin'.

Hawks are back to take what's there's.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• The curb stopping in December should have more than earned it!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• He didnt really say anything demeaning. He actually kinda complimented us. Plus they made it to.the superbowl, we didnt. Go hawks.
    noflyzone
    NET Practice Squad

• Poor Bowman...I hope he likes crow. "The next best thing"... :roll:

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• "September can't get here soon enough" truer words have never been spoken!! :180670:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• He said nothing offensive, at all, he said its the first time the Hawks have really been mentioned as among the best teams in the league, (for example NFL.com's ATL said the Hawks have the strongest roster in football) and for the most part he's right. And you can't quote 42-13 in response, cos he mentioned that result himself, said our team had a great game and said we are getting close to being the best. Come on guys, mellow out a tad :)

Edit; Also, he never mentioned the word hype, that was whomever gave the article it's title.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• So one more winning season than anyone on the Seahawks drafted that same year and suddenly he's an authority?
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

• noflyzone wrote: Plus they made it to.the superbowl, we didnt. Go hawks.

They made it to the super bowl is getting old real fast. They beat us by half a game. That is a bounce of a ball. We demoralized them 42-13, That IMO is a much better example of the two teams. It is actual head to head.

If we don't break Skelton or Mike Carey doesn't call a bogus roughing the passer on Thomas or a ton of other scenario's, we are the #2 seed and they are traveling to DC to break their best DE, Kicker and spraining Gores ankle before the division round. How do you think they would have fared coming to Seattle with those injuries? Do you think they could have gotten by Atlanta if Gore had a sprained ankle? What if they had to play at 10:00am?
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• He actually praised the Seahawks he sounds like a reasonable guy and most of what he said makes sense. Chill out people and take a compliment from a heated rival.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer

• RichNhansom wrote:
    noflyzone wrote: Plus they made it to.the superbowl, we didnt. Go hawks.

They beat us by half a game. That is a bounce of a ball. We demoralized them 42-13, That IMO is a much better example of the two teams. It is actual head to head.

If we don't break Skelton or Mike Carey doesn't call a bogus roughing the passer on Thomas or a ton of other scenario's, we are the #2 seed and they are traveling to DC to break their best DE, Kicker and spraining Gores ankle before the division round. How do you think they would have fared coming to Seattle with those injuries? Do you think they could have gotten by Atlanta if Gore had a sprained ankle? What if they had to play at 10:00am?

Stop being so filled hate damn man. What if that botched Hail Mairy call went in favor of the Packers? The Seahawks would be 10-6 instead of 11-5 and what if David Akers doesn't miss the field goals against the Rams? The 49ers go 13-3 again probably, plus the 10 am thing how do you think the 49ers felt after playing the Patriots across the country and then having to travel the QUEST FIELD! What team can handle doing that?

Everything fell into place when he demolished the 49ers, Justin Smith was hurt the 49ers were reeling from a near meltdown against the Patriots and they even struggled against the Cards towards the end of the year. They didn't recover until they had a bye week and even then had trouble against the Packers at the start the Falcons, and the Ravens finally did them in.

A whole bunch of things could have happened. You're using that one great game we had against them as proof we were better?

If you examine closely the Seahawks and 49ers performances in the playoffs were similar, they both started slow until they got things going towards the end. We couldn't finish the Falcons where the 49ers did.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer

• Shinigami wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:

They beat us by half a game. That is a bounce of a ball. We demoralized them 42-13, That IMO is a much better example of the two teams. It is actual head to head.

Stop being so filled hate damn man. What if that botched Hail Mairy call went in favor of the Packers? The Seahawks would be 10-6 instead of 11-5 and what if David Akers doesn't miss the field goals against the Rams? The 49ers go 13-3 again probably, plus the 10 am thing how do you think the 49ers felt after playing the Patriots across the country and then having to travel the QUEST FIELD! What team can handle doing that?

Everything fell into place when he demolished the 49ers, Justin Smith was hurt the 49ers were reeling from a near meltdown against the Patriots and they even struggled against the Cards towards the end of the year. They didn't recover until they had a bye week and even then had trouble against the Packers at the start the Falcons, and the Ravens finally did them in.

A whole bunch of things could have happened. You're using that one great game we had against them as proof we were better?

If you examine closely the Seahawks and 49ers performances in the playoffs were similar, they both started slow until they got things going towards the end. We couldn't finish the Falcons where the 49ers did.

Agreed. This article is essentially a great player giving our team some praise and he got screwed by whomever titled that piece.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

• Shinigami wrote:

Yeah , a whole bunch of things COULD have happened, but didn't. That's what happens in football.
    What if Pete gets that timeout called before the Rams snap the ball for the fake FG
    What if Doug Baldwin holds on to the ball in the endzone instead of getting blasted in Arizona
    What if we stop Detroit on 3rd and 10 with 40 seconds left instead of giving away an 11 yard pass?
    What if Robert Turbin holds on to what would have been a sure TD in the first quarter at SF?
    What if the refs don't call that absolutely ludicrous pass interference on ET in Miami and we get to keep the interception instead of giving away a 15 yard penalty on a crucial 3rd down?

With five "what ifs" we could have been 16-0 but football is a game of what ifs.

With just ONE "what if" we could have been superbowl champions - what if Pete Carroll hadn't "iced" the Falcons kicker in the final seconds of the Atlanta game. We'd have been in the NFC Championship game against a team we throttled just 4 weeks previously
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• The what ifs are fun but my point is finishing a half game ahead is much less proof than the most recent head to head match up. If that one isn't enough to sway you then consider we were playing their home game on a Thursday night the week after an enormously emotional win over NE. They had a huge advantage in that game and barely escaped with a W.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Shinigami wrote:
    Stop being so filled hate damn man. What if that botched Hail Mairy call went in favor of the Packers?

Wasn't botched, bro.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Sports Hernia wrote:The curb stopping in December should have more than earned it!

Exactly, not because it was just a curb stomping, but it was a curb stomping that was surrounded by multiple wins on both sides of it and at a time when it was important.

Bowman respects the Hawks, I am quite sure of that. Great player too.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Man some people are pathetic. In no way he was disrespecting you guys. He was giving credit where credit is due. What do some people want the niners to do? Kneel down and praise the Hawks saying there is no way the Niners can beat em. Well it wont happen. Both teams are extremely talented and yes the hawks are young. But lets be honest NONE of the NFC WEST were exactle great until the last year or so. The worst part of most comments are how the reporters twist and turn an article to work up the fans. And to the people that keep throwing in 42-13 in EVERY DAMN sentence here is your cookie. Do you think that the Actual players forgot that ass wipping? Do you think that the niners felt they were better that day (they dont)? The hawks are young talented and good. The Niners and the league knows it. So unless you niave and blind the hawks gets tons of credit. Ok sorry rant over
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• It's this attitude that Regular Season accomplishments mean so much that really bothers me about the Seattle Fanbase for all sports.

People constantly rave about the 116 win Mariners... how did that World Series go? The 1994 SuperSonics were the #1 seed in the playoffs and had the best regular season record...did that matter one bit to the Nuggets?

Who cares what the Hawks beat SF by in during the Regular Season.... last time I checked they still won the Division and were a completed pass away from a Super Bowl Title. You don't win World Titles in Week 15, 16 or 17... you win them in late January/early February.... that's all that matters!
    BioDawg03
    NET Bench Warmer

• How about everyone getting off their high horse and backing away :roll:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

• Didn't they earn everything last season?

Why shouldn't we expect to see a similar or even better season with the additions so far, and this is even before the draft.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• BioDawg03 wrote:It's this attitude that Regular Season accomplishments mean so much that really bothers me about the Seattle Fanbase for all sports.

People constantly rave about the 116 win Mariners... how did that World Series go? The 1994 SuperSonics were the #1 seed in the playoffs and had the best regular season record...did that matter one bit to the Nuggets?

Who cares what the Hawks beat SF by in during the Regular Season.... last time I checked they still won the Division and were a completed pass away from a Super Bowl Title. You don't win World Titles in Week 15, 16 or 17... you win them in late January/early February.... that's all that matters!

In the NFL the most recent division games absolutely do matter and I would say more so than baseball or basketball because of the shorter season. Even Bowman recognized the 42 - 13 defeat. It is also why first half numbers are compared to second half numbers a lot.

In other words, I don't really like your argument at all. But mostly I don't like it because it is a bit disrespectful towards our fans. Yeah, we talk about '95 and we talk about the 116 game season, so what? Despite the M's dreadful years, the memories of the 1995 season are very special to me so some person telling me it's not okay to talk about doesn't mean a damn thing to me.

I understand what you're saying. I am dying for a SB and WS, really I am. I just think you could have said it in a way that didn't disrespect an entire fan base
    TheLargentLine
    NET Rookie

• Throwdown wrote:
    Shinigami wrote:
    Stop being so filled hate damn man. What if that botched Hail Mairy call went in favor of the Packers?

Wasn't botched, bro.

Exaaaaaactly. Why can't people understand the concept of a simultaneous reception? It only has to be 1% of the catch is Tate's and he gets the catch as the offensive player in that equation. He doesn't have to have at least 51% or anything like that.

And that isn't even getting into all the other flags that were questionable for BOTH teams in that game. Ahh, but I guess none of that matters. Only the VERY last play of the game. Yeah, sure, gotcha......
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• BioDawg03 wrote:It's this attitude that Regular Season accomplishments mean so much that really bothers me about the Seattle Fanbase for all sports.

Who cares that we absolutely demolished the 9ers during the season? I DO I had a blast watching us kill that team in front of the nation.

Oh, and this years SB?....How did THAT turn out?

And you are a perfect example of why there is a hate thread against your ilk.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

So if regular season doesn't matter and only championship do why bother sayong you were only a completed pass away from winning. You didn't complete the pass. You lost. You didn't win the Super Bowl so it doesn't matter
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• And my Niners fell short just like 31 other teams in the NFL. Largent you say your happy the hawks destroyed the Niners good im glad you should be happy they won and big. Im just as happy to watch my niners in the superbowl even that they lost. But I guess you had your superbowl remember 42-13. So your comment is basically pointless sorry. And BigDawg I completely disagree with your argument. Every fan should be grateful of what their team does good or bad. I watched my Niners and the rest of the NFCW SUCK for years and now they are great its a blast to watch.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• You may feel my point is useless, however it is useless to YOU and not ME.

I also enjoyed watching the 9ers get spanked in the SB. And the only reason it was made close was by a power outage, which makes the whole game pointless, along with your comment about your team losing the SB.

My team was there, and lost, and it still does not feel good, so your point is useless and also untrue, and you are on a SEAHAWK message board
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Kind of a back-handed compliment (at best), but can't expect much more than that from a heated rival. What does Sherman have to say about this?
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Shinigami wrote:He actually praised the Seahawks he sounds like a reasonable guy and most of what he said makes sense. Chill out people and take a compliment from a heated rival.

This!
    Freddy P Soft
    NET Bench Warmer

• screw that, elbow him the face!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Were just beginning to get on the national media bandwagon, hyped or not we can't live in the medias twits, blogs, or articals and interviews. It has to be on the field. I think thats whats being touted from what is being stated. Can we deal with the circus involved and maintain our edge.

Eagles hyped into outter space with the Dream Team and we seen how that played out, Cowboys have teams that should have been better but I think many were busy reading headlines and not playing on the field either. I think the whole NFC West is a little chippy because we all have been labeled as the NFC Worst for so long and that even as playoff contenders, we got their because of a weak division has kinda laid the foundation for all the teams to punch back in some form.

I'll take it as a statement and not an insult of slight.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Were just beginning to get on the national media bandwagon, hyped or not we can't live in the medias twits, blogs, or articals and interviews. It has to be on the field. I think thats whats being touted from what is being stated. Can we deal with the circus involved and maintain our edge.

Eagles hyped into outter space with the Dream Team and we seen how that played out, Cowboys have teams that should have been better but I think many were busy reading headlines and not playing on the field either. I think the whole NFC West is a little chippy because we all have been labeled as the NFC Worst for so long and that even as playoff contenders, we got their because of a weak division has kinda laid the foundation for all the teams to punch back in some form.

I'll take it as a statement and not an insult of slight.

This
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:

They made it to the super bowl is getting old real fast. They beat us by half a game. That is a bounce of a ball. We demoralized them 42-13, That IMO is a much better example of the two teams. It is actual head to head.

lol that include the Greenbay game?
    Goldrush
    NET Bench Warmer

• Lady Talon wrote:always trust what someone says about hype when their team didn't live up to it.

and we're done.
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

• The thing about hype is how it is applied. This wasn't some scrub team that got by on an 8-8 record that signed a bunch of superstars. This was team that was just a QB away from breaking free in 2012. Once Wilson was let loose, the wins came in large quantities.
    They are returning a group if very talented players that mostly range in 2-3 year experience area and acquired a couple guys that have proven they can perform. There isn't a player making "dream team" claims and the leadership on and off the field is exceptional.

The Hawks have already earned their respect from a majority of the experts, the only ones talking hype are for the most part affiliated with the Niners. From their fans, to their radio guys and probably a player here and there.

In recent years, the Niners have been "good" for 2 whole seasons. They won one more playoff game than the Hawks did. So what's the difference? Isn't it just as wrong to be hyping them for what really amounts to nothing more than one season's difference?

As long as the players know the game is win on the field, the Hawks will be great. With the leadership they have, that will be stressed more than ever.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I read the article and I also did not feel like Bowman was trash talking the Seahawks at all. He said "you have to earn these things" but I didn't take that to mean that he thought the Seahawks hadn't earned this hype, but that they already did. He also acknowledged the beat-down his 49ers got and seemed pretty hyped about getting the chance to have some epic battles this coming season.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• Goldrush wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:

lol that include the Greenbay game?

Lol go watch that Green Bay touchdown drive and watch for the magically non visible, non contestable DPI against Kam Chancellor that kept them from a punt or extremely long FG try that no one trusted their kicker could hit lol. Even ESPN hopped onto the replacement hate wagon on that call and said the refs gave GB the game lol.

Unless everyone is so captivated by the post game 4 hour cry fest ESPN had over the fail mary while they conveniently forgot about the rap they put on the ref that flagged Kam for Green Bay's go ahead touchdown. Only reason they did is it was a better story to cry over the great ARod getting cheated by the refs then to say it should have been a 7-6 Seahawks win.

Green Bay and the refs could have escaped with a win and a pat on the back. All Capers had to do was teach their defense how to play football, then M.D. Jennings would have knocked that fail mary down or out of play.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

• I think what Bowman said was fair. One great season does not a great team make. If memory serves, the Lions were a playoff team in 2011 and last year... not so much. There's no question that we've earned a great deal of respect, but it's how you build on that that defines your organization.
    RyPants
    NET Bench Warmer

• LadyTalon your wasting your time trying to be reasonable with these guys. On one hand they want to use the argument of not buying into the hype machine and then in their next breath they want to use the hail mary that was 100% created by the hype machine.

Please explain why the call was not over turned and later upheld by the league as the correct call? You can't because it was the right call and the only reason it is even a blip on anyone's radar is do to media hype. But hey don't buy into the hype right?
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• Shinigami wrote:He actually praised the Seahawks he sounds like a reasonable guy and most of what he said makes sense. Chill out people and take a compliment from a heated rival.

Exactly.

I don't understand why you guys are getting bent out of shape about this.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• Shinigami wrote:

The Seahawks had 3 studly games towards the end of the Season,(nearing 150 points, including the 9rs in that swath) of which the 49rs have not even come close to doing.
    The Seahawks beat the Rams handily in their second meeting, while the 9rs could only tie them.
    Considering how close the first few losses, and how much RW was reigned in, in those games, the 49rs were lucky enough to be in front by 1/2 game.
    9rs hosted the Falcons + they had a week off to prepare for that match in the boot.
    Not saying that the 49rs are dogs, but they aren't back to the old 9rs dynasty days either, while the Seahawks have never been in the dynasty grouping, they still stand in the way of those who aspire to get there.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information