Portis now signed

kidhawk

Reaction score
you beat me by like 2 seconds :)

His previous deal was for 3 years and he didn't come close to seeing the end of that, so until we see the deal, the length could really be meaningless in the world of the NFL and non guaranteed contracts

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Good, smart signing at this point. Knows the system and provides some good competition for whoever else they bring in.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I agree draft a rookie to compete for the #2 job with Portis. His 2 years in the system is a big plus.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Still no news from a credible source regarding Thigpen.

kearly

Reaction score
Notice how the deal is for two years? If Portis breaks out this year and intrigues teams, he could turn into a potential trade chip, which wouldn't be possible if he was on a 1 year deal. If Seattle adds another free agent QB (Young, Thigpen, etc) that has at least a slim chance for trade potential, expect the signing to be at least two years.

dunceface

Reaction score
kearly":12l0wd0y said:
Notice how the deal is for two years? If Portis breaks out this year and intrigues teams, he could turn into a potential trade chip, which wouldn't be possible if he was on a 1 year deal. If Seattle adds another free agent QB (Young, Thigpen, etc) that has at least a slim chance for trade potential, expect the signing to be at least two years.

Anothet quietly brilliant move by my hero PC/JS!

dunceface

Reaction score
Hey Throw, I'll still take it....you accept a trade for a "game worn" blue dress?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
kearly":3szagb50 said:

Breaks out? I hope he never has to take a meaningful down.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Portis will get a lot of snaps during the regular season.

You know, like when RW gets us to 30 point leads over the 9ers.

Throwdown

Reaction score
dunceface":143jivg4 said:
Hey Throw, I'll still take it....you accept a trade for a "game worn" blue dress?

Nope! Its hanging on my wall in a frame now.