I am a Breno supporter.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I am a Breno supporter.
Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:35 pm
  • The ONLY season the Seahawks realized a Superbowl bid,.........was the ONLY season they had returned the same Offensive line for a two-year stint.

I say the Seahawks give the meanest, nastiest S.O.B. on the O-line a chance to prove he has some discipline, and control,..........and (with the help of his Pro Bowl teammates) make Lynch into next year's league MVP.

A little continuity goes a LONG way.

I am lovin' me some Breno (and the rest of the O-line).
    Paschtorian
    NET Rookie

Re: I am a Breno supporter.
Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 pm
  • Breno, in my opinion, is underrated. So, I see him manning the right side all year in 2013. Problem is, he will get paid in 2014, and Seattle will be wise to let that be somewhere else. It is why I feel tackle is a strong option at #56.
    It is what it is...
    nbk35zw
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:43 pm
  • I like Breno. I really like him when he keeps his feet moving!
    Met his mom in Miami.

GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:48 pm
  • edit: HELL YEAH! Not quite worth his weight in flags, but hell yrah!
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:54 pm
  • Breno catches a lot of shit around here but ever since Pete sat his ass down early last season, Breno's been pretty damn good at RT. Put me down on the list for those who support Breno.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:58 pm
  • Breno is the nastiest OL on the team and I think Cable loves it. I don't want to see him go but I think he can be replaced for less than his market value when he starts looking around.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:01 pm
  • Count me in as another Breno fan.

Rough start last year with the penalties, but righted that ship quickly.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 pm
  • You know what I like about breno? He's an underdog who made good. Started out as a practice squad player and worked his way into a starting job and held on to it. Those are my favorite players to follow. You know the guy has to have a great work ethic and a ton of heart. Plus he brings the nasty which you want from an o-lineman.

I'm totally on the bandwagon.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:13 pm
  • I hope Breno stays another year but I hope we go younger/cheaper in 2014. We're going to have to resign Okung and he's going to get raise.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:51 pm
  • I still think he needs some rookie chasing his job to catch a fire under his arse!
    Def room for improvement on the pass-pro.

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:57 pm
  • I wub bweno! Besides, he looks gangsta in a...uhh...what kind of hat was that?

But yea, he's a cool cat and when I see him I hear the theme song to Shaft!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:59 pm
  • Add another fan to the list.

Perhaps one of the most overlooked parts of his game, that I've only really noticed after watching the same game a few times, is that he is an awesome teammate. Watch his body language and the way he interacts with his teammates on the field and you'll see it, too. He's extremely supportive and is always picking guys off the turf, patting their back after a mistake, and high-fiving and chest bumping after a good play.

As a competetive athlete growing up, you always love guys like that on your team, and even when he's making the bonehead mistakes we all know he's liable of doing, I never got the sense the team judged him poorly because of it. Hell, they can't, really, because when they mess up (it happens to everyone), he never gets down on them.

I'm looking forward to Barron securing that RT spot for a while longer. :thirishdrinkers:
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 pm
  • Breno really cut the shit out in the second half of the season.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:41 pm
  • nwgamer wrote:Def room for improvement on the pass-pro.

And yet he helped shut out a long list of the NFL's top pass rushers, even when coming up 1v1 against guys like Mario Williams.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:46 pm
  • I love Breno. I love that nasty attitude. I think our O-line wouldn't be the same without him.

I still think he has room to grow as a player too, he's seemed to be a receptive student during Tom Cable's tenure, he just needs more discipline like OP said.

So I'm with ya fully. Love the guy, and I hope we keep him.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:00 pm
  • He's a good player just can't get caught up in the cheap stuff n false starts other than that he's all good for at least another year or two.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:09 pm
  • I'm in for Breno.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:00 am
  • I really started to notice Breno after he got into an altercation early
    in the year. In his presser following the game Pete was asked about
    it, with seemingly the idea that Breno would be somehow reprimanded.

Instead, Pete put on that sly half grin and said "hey, Breno's a bad dude".
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:32 am
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:17 am
  • Paschtorian wrote:The ONLY season the Seahawks realized a Superbowl bid,.........was the ONLY season they had returned the same Offensive line for a two-year stint.

I say the Seahawks give the meanest, nastiest S.O.B. on the O-line a chance to prove he has some discipline, and control,..........and (with the help of his Pro Bowl teammates) make Lynch into next year's league MVP.

i'm all for Breno being out there as long as he keeps the penalties down to a dull roar..

as for Lynch being next seasons MVP, doubt it.. I actually think you'll see his numbers decline, now that RW has a firm grasp of the offense, and we have the wonderful new shiny toy to play with.... i think you'll see a more balanced attack next season...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:25 am
  • Since day one! He is a nasty man!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:39 am
  • TheHawkster wrote:I like Breno. I really like him when he keeps his feet moving!
    Met his mom in Miami.

Hawkster can you cook. You resemble Andrew Zimmern. Breno's mom looks like a fun lady to hang around with.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:50 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    nwgamer wrote:Def room for improvement on the pass-pro.

And yet he helped shut out a long list of the NFL's top pass rushers, even when coming up 1v1 against guys like Mario Williams.

While in stands for the SF Massacre, I watched a Niner player come offsides no less than 6 times, lined up against Breno. In every situation, Breno dealt with it and protected Wilson while I thought for sure he would be toasted after the defender getting such a jump. Breno is the man. We will see what kind of dough he is building up to, but this next year or so, he should be left alone and on the team.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 am
  • Here's another vote of confidence for the Big Russian.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 am
  • Same here. Seems like exactly the kind of guy that resonates with Cable/Carroll. I have to think that kind of player is great to have.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:00 am
  • Paschtorian wrote:The ONLY season the Seahawks realized a Superbowl bid,.........was the ONLY season they had returned the same Offensive line for a two-year stint.

I am a Breno fan as well, but the bold portion of your post is inaccurate. In 2004, Chris Terry and Porkchop Womack were the starting right tackles. Terry was let go and Womack was beat out by Locklear in 2005 and it was that change that got us over the top offensively.
    FIRE CABLE!
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 am
  • After the Carolina game, the only game I thought he played poorly in was the Rams at Home. Count me in.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:53 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    nwgamer wrote:Def room for improvement on the pass-pro.

While in stands for the SF Massacre, I watched a Niner player come offsides no less than 6 times, lined up against Breno. In every situation, Breno dealt with it and protected Wilson while I thought for sure he would be toasted after the defender getting such a jump. Breno is the man. We will see what kind of dough he is building up to, but this next year or so, he should be left alone and on the team.

Don't get me wrong. I like his toughness. With another season, I am hoping his pass pro will improve though. Whether its needing to get more familiar with def looks or whatever, at times (rams for instance) it seems his coverage implodes. Consistency is what we need from him now. Maybe this season he puts it all together.

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:01 am
  • TheHawkster wrote:I like Breno. I really like him when he keeps his feet moving!
    Met his mom in Miami.

Thanks for posting this, now when I'm in Puyallup I know what guy to avoid ;)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:08 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:While in stands for the SF Massacre, I watched a Niner player come offsides no less than 6 times, lined up against Breno. In every situation, Breno dealt with it and protected Wilson while I thought for sure he would be toasted after the defender getting such a jump. Breno is the man. We will see what kind of dough he is building up to, but this next year or so, he should be left alone and on the team.

One of the analysts specifically mentioned Breno doing a good job despite being jumped against early a bunch.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:19 am
  • The thing is, with all the other skilled guys (and Okung) that we need to resign, Breno may command a better salary elsewhere. I'm not sure if his replacement is on the roster currently, so I hope we find a guy who can compete with him now and take over if we lose him.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:55 am
  • Add another to list, totally in favor of him starting next year. I know it is highlights but damn he did a good job on Wake in that video.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 am
  • (Giacomini) doesn't seem like a guy who would take any unwelcome grief. It was Giacomini that offensive line coach Tom Cable chose when asked which Seahawk he'd take with him in a dark alley.

"His play probably would show you why," Cable told "Brock and Salk" last month. "He's gonna hit somebody and he plays all out, all the way."

http://mynorthwest.com/704/693404/Lynch-has-a-strange-nickname-for-Giacomini-too

He's got that tough-guy Boston Italian street fighter attitude and accent... love it. We need "that" guy on this line... 2005 had Hutch...

"Everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the face." -- Mike Tyson on the 2014 Seattle Seahawks.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:10 am
  • I like the guy. I remember having Carp at right tackle and we would have been just as well off putting a cone out there. Giacomini came in and I had no idea who he was. I asked in the game forum who was number 68? Someone, don't remember who, said Giacomini. I said he should be our starter. Soon after that he became the starter and I have been happy ever since.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:50 am
  • What I like is his ability to throw huge defensive players around like they were rag dolls.

True he got in some trouble with Pete over penaltys early in the season but he has worked thorough it and you never need to worry about someone protecting the QB in field battles. Breno will be the first one there and the last one standing.

:th2thumbs:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 pm
  • Breno "Meat" Giacomini

SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:50 pm
  • Yo, yo! I said throughout the season that Big Bad Breno wasn't nearly as bad as people were flailing about. He's a keeper.

And Billy the Kid, that's quite possibly the greatest B-rated teenage youth angst movie ever made.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:48 pm
  • Why do I find myself starting to say "Hi I'm Ray and I am a Breno supporter?" :p

And in Brenos defense, the Rams have one of the best up and coming defensive lines in the NFL. I get bummed everytime I see Robert Quinn in a Ram uniform. I really wanted him to be Seahawk. LOL, instead of Seahawk, my phone tried to enter Aardvark. What is up with that?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 am
  • +1 Breno supporter

Anyone that can crack walnuts with his eyebrows is mannnnnnnnnn
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:10 am
  • Not to piss on the parade:
    http://12thmanrising.com/2013/03/24/rea ... giacomini/

Take it for what it's worth. I like Breno's grit and venom, and all the intangibles we seem to love about a "nasty" O-lineman, but I'll take technique and production over piss and vinegar every time. I hope Breno improves.

____________________________________________________________________________
    "When I became a man I put away childish things. Including the desire to be very grown up."
    ~C.S. Lewis
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 am
  • HagFaithful wrote:Not to piss on the parade:

Take it for what it's worth. I like Breno's grit and venom, and all the intangibles we seem to love about a "nasty" O-lineman, but I'll take technique and production over piss and vinegar every time. I hope Breno improves.

It's quite clear though that he improved a LOT in the second half of the season, and those 2 really bad games were BOTH against the Rams, who (IMO) have the best D-Line in the league.
    Also, he graded out quite poorly, however were there any other RTs in the league that suffered the amount of rotation at RG that Breno had, with Moffit, Sweezy and McQuistan all putting up snaps across the season
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:57 am
  • Agreed - he's done an admirable job with the role he was given and ended the year trending in the right direction. Also, it's a matter of who do you bring-in to replace him? I'm not a GM, so that's not my job. And I definitely "like" Breno, love watching him play the game, respect the teammate he is, etc....but to me, we need to be honest about addressing our weaknesses. Breno (and RT) is currently one of our weaknesses, IMO, and that makes me nervous when so much of our success next year depends on the guy he's protecting.

I think we neutralized a lot of the issues Breno was having (and "reduced" them in the second half of the season) the more we implemented and utilized the ZR Option. It made defensive ends freeze and read instead of attacking Breno at full-speed with a full arsenal of moves. I'm not sold on calling that Breno's "improvement". Regardless, I'm comfortable with Breno competing for the job next year and I genuinely believe he's going to get better in his technique, discipline and production with continued coaching from Cable. I will also say he's got a really high ceiling if he combines technique and production with his vim and vigor.

____________________________________________________________________________
    "When I became a man I put away childish things. Including the desire to be very grown up."
    ~C.S. Lewis
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:21 am
  • themunn wrote:
    HagFaithful wrote:Not to piss on the parade:

It's quite clear though that he improved a LOT in the second half of the season, and those 2 really bad games were BOTH against the Rams, who (IMO) have the best D-Line in the league.
    Also, he graded out quite poorly, however were there any other RTs in the league that suffered the amount of rotation at RG that Breno had, with Moffit, Sweezy and McQuistan all putting up snaps across the season

Those are excuses. I have seen a lot of those in this thread.
    Breno is in the final year of his deal. He has not been re-signed, and his penalties very well could have been the difference last year in not getting a home playoff game. Money he could cost may be needed to keep other players. He is slated to make 3.5 million this year. What will he want next year?

There are two players so far that could be there in the second round that could replace him from day one, IMO.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:57 am
  • Sure there's a lot of love for Breno around here, me included, and why not? But I doubt there's anyone on this forum, aside from Breno's mom, that would bat an eye or shed a tear if Breno lost out to any player, rookie or vet, that the coaches brought in to compete for the job... it's what we've grown accustomed to the last few years. Survival of the fittest... it's the basis of all life on this planet.

"Everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the face." -- Mike Tyson on the 2014 Seattle Seahawks.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:45 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Those are excuses. I have seen a lot of those in this thread.
    Breno is in the final year of his deal. He has not been re-signed, and his penalties very well could have been the difference last year in not getting a home playoff game. Money he could cost may be needed to keep other players. He is slated to make 3.5 million this year. What will he want next year?

There are two players so far that could be there in the second round that could replace him from day one, IMO.

I do have to agree. The cost for a very average RT has to be considered prohibitive. And even if we go along with the improvement theme as indicated by the graphical data supplied -- Giacomini pretty much improved to 'not bad, not good' standard. Even though I like him, I can see the ability to achieve impactful improvement by replacing him.

Also, this team is different now. Before, we didn't have much value to protect. We have a franchise QB now. And despite his ability to reduce risk by way of mobility -- all one has to do is rewatch the Rams game in week 17 to recognize that mobility does not equal risk free.

We have to do a much better job of protecting that investment. That is a new mandate. Giacomini's new standard of mediocre is not sufficient.

I still am not sold we'll go RT in round 2. But I would think one or even 2 RT prospects could be called on day 3. And I'd be perfectly ok with going RT in round 2, even if it would mean hearing Rob's cries of anguish across the ocean.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:58 am
  • It's hard to argue with stats. Football Focus points out he is (based on peer comparison) a bottom rung RT. He did cut back on penalties in the 2nd half but only relative to the first season half. I like PC 's mantra of competing. If he is the best we option we have so be it, but he will have to prove it camp and preseason.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information