TJ!?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys think about maybe bringing TJ! back in a backup/mentor roll? Or maybe even to challenge RW3 for the starting job (not saying he'd win it, but at least let him compete for it)? He could probably be had for a mid-high draft pick (2nd or 3rd round?) and would probably only demand a moderate contract, ($6 or $7 mil per season?).

He knows our offense. He has a great report with our WR's & RB's. Now that Flynn's out it just seems like a logical move to me.

Go Hawks!!

:salute:

509hawk

Reaction score
file.php

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
Bringing in TJ for a 2nd or 3rd is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever seen on here when JaMarcus Russell is still out there for the taking!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You're a trolling son of a gun, Zeb; and by gun, I mean a word that would make Pehawk blush in the shack.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I don't really want to give up another pretty-high pick this draft, but I would give up our 2014 first round pick to get him back in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":16pnsmgx said:
I don't really want to give up another pretty-high pick this draft, but I would give up our 2014 first round pick to get him back in a heartbeat.

Also an option. Did even think about that. Think Buff would go for it?

kearly

Reaction score
I'd be all for it- once Buffalo releases T-Jack in late August.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Progress forward imo... I don't like it. Besides Buffalo will keep him as a backup if he doesn't win the job.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The first few replies in a thread like this are key. It can either go one of two ways. It can go like this, where everyone is on the same page... or it can go tragically, tragically wrong... but hey, that's how 15 page .Net classics are born. So either way, we win.

Zeb, there is seriously NO OTHER QB that would make me happier to have as backup to Russell Wilson. Against the spirit of this thread, I'm being dead serious here when I say that Tarvaris is my sentimental favorite to hold the clipboard next season. You guys are lucky I'm not in charge, especially you kearly, because I wouldn't wait for TJack to get released in August. Nope, I'd deal a 2014 conditional late round pick for him RIGHT NOW!

Tyler Thigpen??? I love getting Thiggy with it but there's no way he holds a candle to our boy Tarvaris. Bring him home Pete and John, bring him home...

Terpdragon

Reaction score
No, because he was horrible. Could only see the right side of the field and can't read a defense and too slow progression

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TJ as a mentor? Now that's the funniest thing I have heard. What's he going to teach someone who has already surpassed him?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
hawkfan68":26mar6xy said:
TJ as a mentor? Now that's the funniest thing I have heard. What's he going to teach someone who has already surpassed him?

First game of next season. Russell gets the ball and falls down when a defender comes within 5 feet of him. Pan over to Tarvaris with a big grin on his face giving him the thumbs up.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I can't see why you wouldn't give him comparable money to Rodgers. Because he really makes us a Super Bowl caliber team, and you have to think about what IF Wilson gets hurt and we need that guy to come in and lead us to the Super Bowl. Clearly that peace of mind is worthy paying tens of millions of dollars to have on the roster.

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, the issue is TJack's contract. As everyone who likes to pretend they're smart likes to point out, we need to resign players next year AND can roll over the cap. Well, TJ will ALSO be a FA in 2014. And, without a doubt you franchise him.

But franchising Tjack means Kam walks. While I think that's fine, others may not.

Note to Roland : PLEASE STOP EXPLAINING EVERYONE'S JOKES.

Shaz

Reaction score
I played Housh in Halo 3 at the VMAC a few years ago

He's a cheating sonuvabitch