Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
I'd rather have Tim Tebow than say... a raging case of chlamydia... but other than that; no thank you.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 2609
We already gave up our 1st rounder, so I'm not sure we have enough bargaining chips left.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:44 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Kirkland, WA
CANHawk wrote:
I'd rather have Tim Tebow than say... a raging case of chlamydia... but other than that; no thank you.


That's doubly harsh, because you already have chlamydia.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:51 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:37 pm
Posts: 207
Location: ..Location..Location
if i had a choice of getting stung by 1000 bees at once or seeing tebow in a seahawks uni...i'd...i'd...i'd take my chances with the bees...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 pm 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:17 am
Posts: 2434
Location: San Antonio, TX by way of Kalispell, MT
no

_________________
_____________________

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am
Posts: 1167
12evanf wrote:
We already gave up our 1st rounder, so I'm not sure we have enough bargaining chips left.


That's hilarious.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21070
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Cram Tebow as far up any orifice of your choice as desired.

Hell to the NO to Teblow.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:21 pm 
* Handsome *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
Posts: 2858
Location: Tri Cities, WA
Tebow sucks

_________________
"it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:25 pm 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
I love Strap's recent contributions. Can I get a "pehawk sucks?"

I want Tebow for ONE reason, his delicious lips. Gay or straight, they're juicy and inviting.

In ALL seriousness, I'm willing to be bashed for it, but I'd welcome it. I've said it before, Tebow would actually do better here than anywhere else due to the offensive system.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:26 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm
Posts: 467
Location: Ventura, CA
Tebow would be a welcome addition under the right terms. He has talent. He's a horrible passer, which makes it all the more remarkable that he had a clearly winning effect on Denver during his time there. Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!

I also enjoy having sideshows on the teams I root for. Unless there's direct personal animosity between directly interacting parts of a team, sideshows don't lose games, except in the imaginations of people who let their annoyance bias their POV.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:41 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 109
No. Never. No. Ever. No. Absolutely no. Never. Let it be.

_________________
It is what it is...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:36 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8925
Location: With a white girl
nbk35zw wrote:
No. Never. No. Ever. No. Absolutely no. Never. Let it be.


This

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 757
Why would you want thousands of Tebow's followers using every idiotic argument in the book no matter how devoid of football sense to convince us why Tebow should start rather then Wilson? Because no matter how good Wilson is, those morons and the media that actually thinks America cares about Tebow's following would rage on about it endlessly.

If I were a GM I'd send him to the CFL for a 6 pack of Kokanee. And I hate beer.

_________________
Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:54 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 580
So far, the most prevalent reason for not considering Tebow is that his fans are asshats and 12s are just too exclusive a club to allow said asshattery. Yeah... those are really good football reasons. I bet some of you said the same about Pete Carroll... too corny, too rah rah, hate USC, proven to suck at the pro-level, blah blah blah.


Whatever the conventional "wisdom", I'd consider Tebow at the expense of my genitalia, orifices, etc


"Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7707
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
SDHawk wrote:
So far, the most prevalent reason for not considering Tebow is that his fans are asshats and 12s are just too exclusive a club to allow said asshattery. Yeah... those are really good football reasons. I bet some of you said the same about Pete Carroll... too corny, too rah rah, hate USC, proven to suck at the pro-level, blah blah blah.



"Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!"


Here's the valid reason you're searching for.

Tebow doesn't seem to be willing to take a FB/TE role. He could probably be very good with that role. But he seems to be determined to compete as a QB, and he's just not a viable option at that position.

But even on the off chance he was willing to make the switch, the media circus that comes with him is problematic. That's not his fault (entirely), but it could present a distraction for the team. And you have to wonder if having that extra FB/TE is worth the potential distraction.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:08 pm 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 5424
Location: Magnolia, Texas
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
No


I'm not going to dignfy this thread with anything even remotely resembling a response.

Ok, I'll play along. . .

I'd have to submit a response exactly duplicating what the above gentlemen has already issued. Tebow is a over-hyped drama queen who has gotten lucky enough times to fool people into thinking he has skills.

_________________
"God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 580
volsunghawk wrote:
SDHawk wrote:
So far, the most prevalent reason for not considering Tebow is that his fans are asshats and 12s are just too exclusive a club to allow said asshattery. Yeah... those are really good football reasons. I bet some of you said the same about Pete Carroll... too corny, too rah rah, hate USC, proven to suck at the pro-level, blah blah blah.



"Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!"


Here's the valid reason you're searching for.

Tebow doesn't seem to be willing to take a FB/TE role. He could probably be very good with that role. But he seems to be determined to compete as a QB, and he's just not a viable option at that position.

But even on the off chance he was willing to make the switch, the media circus that comes with him is problematic. That's not his fault (entirely), but it could present a distraction for the team. And you have to wonder if having that extra FB/TE is worth the potential distraction.



Do you feel the same way about Sherman and Mike Rob?

Twitter war, media circus, youtube shows, where do you draw the line?

What drew more attention to the Jets last season? Jets losing record, Sanchez's buttfumble, Rex Ryans tattoo or Tim Tebow?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 pm 
* NET Lead Admin *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 8506
SDHawk wrote:
So far, the most prevalent reason for not considering Tebow is that his fans are asshats and 12s are just too exclusive a club to allow said asshattery. Yeah... those are really good football reasons. I bet some of you said the same about Pete Carroll... too corny, too rah rah, hate USC, proven to suck at the pro-level, blah blah blah.


Whatever the conventional "wisdom", I'd consider Tebow at the expense of my genitalia, orifices, etc


"Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!"


Reasons why bringing Tim Tebow to Seattle is a non-starter.

1. He can't throw.
2. He can't throw.
3. He can't throw.

He's everything you could ever want from a quarterback except for that. Bit of a problem. You seem to think it's a personal thing but the reality is fans want their team to win so bad you can be a rapist in this league and the fans will want you if you can play the position at a high level. It's not because of his beliefs or the backlash against the cult of personality. That argument just doesn't stand up to reality. Which is Tim Tebow can't throw.

_________________
Championships are forever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 580
HoustonHawk82 wrote:
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
No


I'm not going to dignfy this thread with anything even remotely resembling a response.

Ok, I'll play along. . .

I'd have to submit a response exactly duplicating what the above gentlemen has already issued. Tebow is a over-hyped drama queen who has gotten lucky enough times to fool people into thinking he has skills.



Thanks for the dignified response. You could have sprinkled genitalia and orifices in there somewhere.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:11 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7707
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
SDHawk wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:
SDHawk wrote:
So far, the most prevalent reason for not considering Tebow is that his fans are asshats and 12s are just too exclusive a club to allow said asshattery. Yeah... those are really good football reasons. I bet some of you said the same about Pete Carroll... too corny, too rah rah, hate USC, proven to suck at the pro-level, blah blah blah.



"Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!"


Here's the valid reason you're searching for.

Tebow doesn't seem to be willing to take a FB/TE role. He could probably be very good with that role. But he seems to be determined to compete as a QB, and he's just not a viable option at that position.

But even on the off chance he was willing to make the switch, the media circus that comes with him is problematic. That's not his fault (entirely), but it could present a distraction for the team. And you have to wonder if having that extra FB/TE is worth the potential distraction.



Do you feel the same way about Sherman and Mike Rob?

Twitter war, media circus, youtube shows, where do you draw the line?

What drew more attention to the Jets last season? Jets losing record, Sanchez's buttfumble, Rex Ryans tattoo or Tim Tebow?


Tebow at first. The only reason the rest of your examples gained more attention was because the Jets kept Tebow parked on the sidelines.

As for Sherman and Mike Rob, Robinson does his own videos and he's not even in the same atmosphere as Tebow when it comes to media coverage.

Sherman is closer, but the difference is that he's a playmaker and much better at his position than Tebow is at his.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 580
sadhappy wrote:
SDHawk wrote:
So far, the most prevalent reason for not considering Tebow is that his fans are asshats and 12s are just too exclusive a club to allow said asshattery. Yeah... those are really good football reasons. I bet some of you said the same about Pete Carroll... too corny, too rah rah, hate USC, proven to suck at the pro-level, blah blah blah.


Whatever the conventional "wisdom", I'd consider Tebow at the expense of my genitalia, orifices, etc


"Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!"


Reasons why bringing Tim Tebow to Seattle is a non-starter.

1. He can't throw.
2. He can't throw.
3. He can't throw.

He's everything you could ever want from a quarterback except for that. Bit of a problem. You seem to think it's a personal thing but the reality is fans want their team to win so bad you can be a rapist in this league and the fans will want you if you can play the position at a high level. It's not because of his beliefs or the backlash against the cult of personality. That argument just doesn't stand up to reality. Which is Tim Tebow can't throw.


Clearly you didnt see the suggestion he come in as a FB/TE. But even at QB, is Josh Portis much better?

I like versatility on this team so when unexpected injuries occur you have players that can wear multiple hats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 580
Quote:

Tebow at first. The only reason the rest of your examples gained more attention was because the Jets kept Tebow parked on the sidelines.

As for Sherman and Mike Rob, Robinson does his own videos and he's not even in the same atmosphere as Tebow when it comes to media coverage.

Sherman is closer, but the difference is that he's a playmaker and much better at his position than Tebow is at his.


No, the difference is Tebow doesnt try and draw attention to himself... but for whatever reason, the media still gives it to him.

I am not denying that the media has a strange fetish for Tebow... but from what I saw last year he was a pretty good soldier considering how dirty the Jets did him. The JETS wanted him to be a PR move, I'm not sure thats what Tebow wanted.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:15 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 493
Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...

_________________
"It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:20 pm 
* NET Lead Admin *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 8506
We already have a fullback who was a pretty darn good D1 quarterback back in the day. Tebow would be redundant in that role. Bit late in his career to work on converting him to tight end.

Josh Portis is a scout team quarterback at best. I would be shocked if he made the 53 man roster. But he knows the system so he'll be good to bring into OTAs and mini camp, and into training camp.

I guess we could use tebow on special teams like the jets did. There is that.

_________________
Championships are forever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:20 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21070
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
Thunderhawk wrote:
Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...


edited for language attacking poster rather than post.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:24 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:02 am
Posts: 755
Maybe the Mariners could sign him to be a pinch runner but only use him in situations where he is on 3rd base and are trying a suicide squeeze.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:26 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:44 pm
Posts: 493
Largent80 wrote:
Thunderhawk wrote:
Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...



That's your argument? Someone is clearly projecting. Try refuting the points in the post to demonstrate your superiority.

edited

_________________
"It was so loud Derrick Coleman heard it."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:28 pm 
* NET Lead Admin *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am
Posts: 8506
slow development or not, the NFL is a young man's game and if a QB still can't throw by his 4th year in the league, that's a little bigger in magnitude than 'mechanical issues'. FFS!

This topic is making me laugh. And I thought the tjack homers were bad.

_________________
Championships are forever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:33 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21070
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
@Thunderhawk

My superiority?.

When I post, I am not trying to be superior, lets establish that first.

On topic. Tebow cannot play QB for my Seahawks, or any other team, but since we are talking Seahawks, I am going to say this guy has no business being near this team pretending to be a QB.

He is a joke as a QB in the NFL. If he wants to be a FB, sorry, we have the best FB in the league in Mike Rob.

Teblow can do whatever some other team thinks he can do, but keep him away from My Hawkas.

Got it son?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:45 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm
Posts: 325
Tebow has been pissed that he wasn't used as a conventional QB last season. The dude wants to start as a QB, not a sit on the bench and/or be a TE or FB.

He wants to play a position he can't play. What do you do with that?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 580
Thunderhawk wrote:
Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...


Thanks Thunderhawk. I wouldn't go as far as mentioning Steve Young in the same sentence but yeah, he is by all accounts a good soldier, competitor and has the character and integrity to be a welcomed addition in the lockerroom... My point is that he is a versatile and athletic player. If we can add depth at 3 positions with just one person, I think its a move to consider. He is not a good quarterback, it is known. It is also known that TJack, Seneca, Tyler Thigpen, etc are also not quarterbacks. But does TJack/Seneca/Thigpen have the build to transition to FB/TE in a pinch? Mike Rob did and I believe Tebow may have similar qualities to make the transition.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 580
bmorepunk wrote:
Tebow has been pissed that he wasn't used as a conventional QB last season. The dude wants to start as a QB, not a sit on the bench and/or be a TE or FB.

He wants to play a position he can't play. What do you do with that?


No, he was upset because he was promised a chance to compete at QB and wasn't given the opportunity despite a lost season. I dont think he came into NYC thinking he would be the starter... but when the world imploded for GangGreen, they still didnt give him a fair shake. Even still, it's not like he was throwing hissy fits and raging on his Twitter account.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8925
Location: With a white girl
Young didn't come attached to a circus. The circus I'd why i don't want him on my team.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 580
SacHawk2.0 wrote:
Young didn't come attached to a circus. The circus I'd why i don't want him on my team.


No, instead a malignant cancer comes attached with Young.

I'm interested in going back a few months and finding out how many of you complaining about a circus were complaining about not getting enough national attention.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:20 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 551
Location: Ireland!
I'd rather pass a golfball through my pee-shoot.

_________________
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:34 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17425
Location: Graham, WA

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9845
PGunning101 wrote:
May a thousand miniature Jim Harbaughs infest your genitalia for even mentioning this topic...

So no.

This^

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:12 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:02 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
formido wrote:
Tebow would be a welcome addition under the right terms. He has talent. He's a horrible passer, which makes it all the more remarkable that he had a clearly winning effect on Denver during his time there. Tebow's only as bad as he is. Because of the way human cognition works, people lets hoards of idiots mocking him mercilessly calibrate the magnitude of his "badness". The more people who mock in forums, the worse he must be!

I also enjoy having sideshows on the teams I root for. Unless there's direct personal animosity between directly interacting parts of a team, sideshows don't lose games, except in the imaginations of people who let their annoyance bias their POV.

Well said.

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:06 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
pehawk wrote:
Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.

I agree.

"Tim Tebow will never blow you away Monday through Saturday, but what happened when he got his chance on Sundays with Denver?" -Jason Smith, NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ot-so-fast

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:07 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 11:27 pm
Posts: 813
seriously?? 2 years later and were still talking about this crap? Tebow is HORRIBLE and I don't want him anywhere near our team. He was a good college QB because of the guys he had around him and thats it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
Thunderhawk wrote:
Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...


Bravo!

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 713
Location: Orlando, FL
Thunderhawk wrote:
Largent80 wrote:
Thunderhawk wrote:
Yeah, the last thing we want is another great teammate, great competitor, and great person on this team. Is Tebow a refined passer? No. Is he a finished product? No. If some of you had seen Rich Gannon in his early years you would have said he couldn't play QB in the NFL. Steve Young's completion percentage after 40 games played: 53%.

Because of the rapid development of many young passers recently some assume that if you look bad your first couple of seasons you automatically cannot play. They forget that in most cases it has taken significant time to become a productive starting NFL QB. Several QBs blossomed late in their careers after initially written off as busts.

Tebow is still working through all the mechanical issues that Urban Meyer selfishly ignored. Those issues may not be correctable, but what if they are? If we could acquire him for cheap and develop him as a project behind Wilson I would not be opposed. Those against seem either shortsighted or bigoted to me...


That's your argument? Someone is clearly projecting. Try refuting the points in the post to demonstrate your superiority.


Isn't there a policy in here about attacking the post and not the poster?

_________________
World Champion
Image
Seattle Seahawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17425
Location: Graham, WA
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.

I agree.

"Tim Tebow will never blow you away Monday through Saturday, but what happened when he got his chance on Sundays with Denver?" -Jason Smith, NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ot-so-fast


Stop it, both of you.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Throwdown wrote:
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
pehawk wrote:
Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.

I agree.

"Tim Tebow will never blow you away Monday through Saturday, but what happened when he got his chance on Sundays with Denver?" -Jason Smith, NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ot-so-fast


Stop it, both of you.


Yes, because you're bromance with Portis is based in reality?

We all have "that guy" in our hearts, mine's Tebow and yours is Portis. Neither of us is wrong. The only person who's wrong is Scottemojo, because his "that guy" is Rex Grossman.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am 
*Host of .NET Awards*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
Posts: 8925
Location: With a white girl
pehawk wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
TeamoftheCentury wrote:
[quote="pehawk"]Yes, it'd be the same media circus if he came here. Orton, Sanchez and Russell Wilson all belong in the same category. Obviously it'd be a QB controversy, because, yeah, Seattle still hasnt resolved that issue.

He'd be a great teammate and back-up. Ask him to create plays and make throws off plays, he'll do enough. He'd be NO different than Wilson was his first 4 starts, maybe better.

I agree.

"Tim Tebow will never blow you away Monday through Saturday, but what happened when he got his chance on Sundays with Denver?" -Jason Smith, NFL.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ot-so-fast


Stop it, both of you.


Yes, because you're bromance with Portis is based in reality?

We all have "that guy" in our hearts, mine's Tebow and yours is Portis. Neither of us is wrong. The only person who's wrong is Scottemojo, because his "that guy" is Rex Grossman.[/quote]

You're just trolling now, pe. You don't really like Tebow.

_________________
Legal Notice: Only a very small percentage of the things I do and say can be taken seriously. If ever.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17425
Location: Graham, WA
Portis is a beautiful man, you leave him out of this!

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 2446
Location: Battle Ground, Wa
Allegedly we got rid of Flynn because he does not fit the system, who is a better fit at this point? Wallace? Portis? Thigpen?

I think Pete knows how to handle a media circus, and besides we would not have that problem because we and the world knows RW is not Mark Sanchez, there is no question who our starter is and if Tebow (who does have a unique skillset) just plays ball....whatever that means, I think he could be quite valuable to the Seahawks.

_________________
http://personal-spectrum.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:32 am 
* Report Button *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:08 pm
Posts: 9923
Throwdown wrote:
Portis is a beautiful man, you leave him out of this!


Oh yeah? You wanna play games?

I call your "beautiful man" and raise you delicious, born-again, juicy lipped Tebow.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Idea: Tim Tebow
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:35 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17425
Location: Graham, WA
pehawk wrote:
Throwdown wrote:
Portis is a beautiful man, you leave him out of this!


Oh yeah? You wanna play games?

I call your "beautiful man" and raise you delicious, born-again, juicy lipped Tebow.

Image


Too feminine for me.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barthawk, CurryStopstheRuns, Google [Bot], grizbob, Jayburd14, keatonisballin, Kooshster, NorthwestSportsFan, peachesenregalia, SeahawksMSHing, sedrohawk, vegaschawk, Yahoo [Bot] and 91 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.